Non-Americans Suffering From TDS

chair

The death rate is the most important stat for judging the way it is being handled and the death rate for the USA is 2.98.

That is better than Germany (3.52), Switzerland (4.25), Spain (4.97), China (5.25), Canada (6.56), Sweden (6.7), and France (7.43).

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1105914/coronavirus-death-rates-worldwide/

The rate for the USA would be even lower if not for the failure for the Blue states to do a good job.

Even though the Democrats are constantly harping on President Trump's failure about handling the China flu the facts prove that he has done a good job. Not only that, but the economy of the USA is doing much better than the European economies.

I wasn't going to get involved, but I think you simply made an error. Death rate is indeed the most important statistic. That is, death rate defined as number of deaths per million people. The site you were quoting defined death rate differently, as " the known deaths divided by confirmed cases".

Jerry Shugart

I wasn't going to get involved, but I think you simply made an error. Death rate is indeed the most important statistic. That is, death rate defined as number of deaths per million people. The site you were quoting defined death rate differently, as " the known deaths divided by confirmed cases".

So the way the site a cited figured the death rate is not legit for some reason?

Then let us look at deaths per million:

USA 597.07

UK 626.63

Brazil 635.51

Spain 642.16

Belgium 869.37

Peru 966.79

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/

The USA beats the UK so you should move to the USA where President Trump has done a very good job of handling the China Flu. And the stats would have been much better if not for the blunders of those in the blue states.

Besides that, during the pandemic he has managed the economy of the USA much better than any of the economies of the European countries have been managed.

chair

So the way the site a cited figured the death rate is not legit for some reason?

Please note that I did not say that it "wasn't legit". Simply that it was defined differently than you may have thought.

Then let us look at deaths per million:

Please do. You can choose nations that did worse than the US. You have a total of 8 countries to choose from.

The USA beats the UK so you should move to the USA where President Trump has done a very good job of handling the China Flu.

If I lived in the UK, this might be relevant.

The UK did poorly at the beginning of this. Absolutely no doubt about it. But they got their act together. Right now they have about 25 corona deaths a day, compared to about 750 in the USA. THE USA has a population about 5 times as large as the UK....

Besides that, during the pandemic he has managed the economy of the USA much better than any of the economies of the European countries have been managed.
What did President Trump do to "manage the economy"?