Non-Americans Suffering From TDS

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
A curious phenomenon that I can only attribute to the power that the MSM holds over those of low intelligence.

For example:

Woman suspected of mailing ricin to White House arrested at U.S.-Canada border

Letter with poison sent to White House possibly mailed from Canada: RCMP

The RCMP is working with the FBI after federal U.S. officials intercepted an envelope addressed to the White House that contained the poison ricin.

Three U.S. law enforcement officials say a woman suspected of sending an envelope containing the poison ricin, which was addressed to the White House and President Donald Trump, has been arrested at the New York-Canada border.

The officials say the woman was taken into custody by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers and is expected to face federal charges. The officials were not authorized to discuss the ongoing investigation publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Aaron Bowker of the CBP confirmed with CBC News that the arrest took place at the Peace Bridge in Buffalo, N.Y., and that the individual was travelling from Canada into the United States.

The letter had been intercepted earlier this week before it reached the White House.

An RCMP spokesperson told CBC News on Saturday that it was assisting the FBI in the investigation and that "initial information from the investigation suggests that the letter originated in Canada."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...tter-1.5732424

BREAKING: Pascale Cecile Veronique Ferrier Identified As Suspect In Poison Letter Sent To Trump

https://spencerfernando.com/2020/09/...sent-to-trump/

Ferrier is a Canadian national (some reports are now saying dual citizenship - Canadian and French) who will probably spend the rest of her life in prison because she had an uncontrollable hatred for another country's leader.

Last edited:

chair

There is a common fallacy that people from all ends of the political spectrum use. Namely, taking one case, preferably with a photo, and claiming that it represents some general behavior.
Some BLM demonstrations were violent? Therefore they all are.
Some of the violence was actually committed by white supremacists trying to frame the Blacks? There all of it was.
One Canadian is a dangerous anti-Trump nutcase? Therefore it is a common phenomenon.
And so on.

chair

It's common here at TOL where we have foreign nationals from a variety of countries who are irrationally opposed to MY country's leader

On this point you are simply wrong. This has been pointed out to you repeatedly.

The US is not a small country buried somewhere that most people couldn't even find on a map. It is a huge important country (as I am sure you are proud of), and the leader of the Free World. What happens in the US is of great concern to the rest of the world. It isn't a completely internal matter, the way you pretend. Non- US citizens cannot vote in the US elections, and that is how it should be. But to pretend that foreign interest in US politics is somehow problematic, is ridiculous.

On top of that, though you support President Trump, that doesn't mean that those who think differently are "irrational".

Jerry Shugart

Some BLM demonstrations were violent? Therefore they all are.

It is those on the left who say things which spur others to violence. For instance, Madonna said that she dreams of blowing up the White House. Johnny Depp spoke of the possibility of another actor assassinating President Trump. Maxine Waters told the Democrats to get in the face of President Trump's cabinet members where ever they can be found. The president of Greater New York Black Lives Matter, Hawk Newsome, said that if the movement fails to achieve meaningful change during nationwide protests over George Floyd’s killing by Minneapolis police officers, it will “burn down this system.”

“If this country doesn’t give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it. All right? And I could be speaking figuratively. I could be speaking literally. It’s a matter of interpretation.”

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-leader-if-change-doesnt-happen-we-will-burn-down-this-system/

The riots have already done Two Billion dollars worth of damage so it is not difficult to understand hat Newsome is speaking literally. In other words, give us what we want or you will pay dearly. The left is out of control because the Democrat mayors and Governors have let them run wild.

chair

It is those on the left who say things which spur others to violence. For instance, Madonna said that she dreams of blowing up the White House. Johnny Depp spoke of the possibility of another actor assassinating President Trump. Maxine Waters told the Democrats to get in the face of President Trump's cabinet members where ever they can be found. The president of Greater New York Black Lives Matter, Hawk Newsome, said that if the movement fails to achieve meaningful change during nationwide protests over George Floyd’s killing by Minneapolis police officers, it will “burn down this system.”

“If this country doesn’t give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it. All right? And I could be speaking figuratively. I could be speaking literally. It’s a matter of interpretation.”

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-leader-if-change-doesnt-happen-we-will-burn-down-this-system/

The riots have already done Two Billion dollars worth of damage so it is not difficult to understand hat Newsome is speaking literally. In other words, give us what we want or you will pay dearly. The left is out of control because the Democrat mayors and Governors have let them run wild.

There is no question that there has been a lot of damage from left wing rioters. Numbers are real. Individual cases have emotional appeal, but that's about it.

Another mind disease is the idea that only YOUR side is capable of violence. MY side never is.
Today the extreme left is violent. Does that mean that all the right are calm, law abiding citizens? That they always have been and always will be?

This reminds me of all the Christian screams about Islam being a violent religion. Are all Muslims violent? No. Is Islam monolithic? No. Does Christianity have a violent history? Yes.

ok doser

There is a common fallacy that people from all ends of the political spectrum use. Namely, taking one case, preferably with a photo, and claiming that it represents some general behavior.

is it necessarily a fallacy?

One Canadian is a dangerous anti-Trump nutcase? Therefore it is a common phenomenon.

rather, it is an extreme example of a common phenomenon, an example of what deluded, irrational thinking can lead to

ok doser

On this point you are simply wrong. This has been pointed out to you repeatedly.

and refuted repeatedly :)

The US is not a small country buried somewhere that most people couldn't even find on a map. It is a huge important country (as I am sure you are proud of),

dwarfed by China and India, and yet most of those with TDS are clueless when the name Kovind and JinPing are mentioned

and the leader of the Free World.

you were asked before what you thought you meant by this.

What happens in the US is of great concern to the rest of the world.

of course

It isn't a completely internal matter, the way you pretend.

Was I pretending that? I don't think I was.

Non- US citizens cannot vote in the US elections, and that is how it should be. But to pretend that foreign interest in US politics is somehow problematic, is ridiculous.

Ah, I see where the disconnect is. Somehow, somewhere, you have forgotten that my thread was about irrational hatred of another country's leader. The sort of irrationality that might lead, say, a Canadian-French national to attempt to assassinate the US President.

On top of that, though you support President Trump, that doesn't mean that those who think differently are "irrational".

of course not

would you agree that Ferrier's actions were irrational?

would you agree that those on TOL who are unable to have a discussion about Trump's successes and failures are irrational?

chair

rather, it is an extreme example of a common phenomenon, an example of what deluded, irrational thinking can lead to

It is possible to bring an example of just about anything. Who cares?
It is not irrational to think Trump is a problematic president, no matter where you live. Even if you think he is great.

Jerry Shugart

There is no question that there has been a lot of damage from left wing rioters. Numbers are real. Individual cases have emotional appeal, but that's about it.

Another mind disease is the idea that only YOUR side is capable of violence. MY side never is.

The ratio in the last hundred days has been 100/1, with those on the left leading by a wide margin.

Jerry Shugart

It is not irrational to think Trump is a problematic president, no matter where you live.

Best economy in the history of the USA before China sent over the virus.

Nominated twice for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Shut down the Muslim Califate.

Record number of regulations eliminated.

Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.

Made the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.

Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.

Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico-Canada Trade Deal to replace NAFTA.

Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.

Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.

There are many more ways that President Trump has improved the USA.

chair

Best economy in the history of the USA before China sent over the virus.

Nominated twice for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Shut down the Muslim Califate.

Record number of regulations eliminated.

Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.

Made the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.

Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.

Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico-Canada Trade Deal to replace NAFTA.

Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.

Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.

There are many more ways that President Trump has improved the USA.

He definitely did some positive things. In particular in foreign policy. But there are also failures. Even some of the things that you listed weren't necessarily the right thing to do, or weren't done in a reasonable way.
Also, presidents often get credit or blame for things that they had little to do with. Economies, for example, have a very slow response to what a president does.

My point is that although there are some positive things on his record, there are also some negative things, and it is perfectly reasonable to be critical of him. And yes, though his die-hard supporters somehow deny it (I won't get drawn into that debate here- so don't bother to start)- his most glaring failure is in how the epidemic is being handled.

Jerry Shugart

My point is that although there are some positive things on his record, there are also some negative things, and it is perfectly reasonable to be critical of him. And yes, though his die-hard supporters somehow deny it (I won't get drawn into that debate here- so don't bother to start)- his most glaring failure is in how the epidemic is being handled.

The death rate is the most important stat for judging the way it is being handled and the death rate for the USA is 2.98.

That is better than Germany (3.52), Switzerland (4.25), Spain (4.97), China (5.25), Canada (6.56), Sweden (6.7), and France (7.43).

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1105914/coronavirus-death-rates-worldwide/

The rate for the USA would be even lower if not for the failure for the Blue states to do a good job.

Even though the Democrats are constantly harping on President Trump's failure about handling the China flu the facts prove that he has done a good job. Not only that, but the economy of the USA is doing much better than the European economies.

ok doser

The death rate is the most important stat for judging the way it is being handled and the death rate for the USA is 2.98.

That is better than Germany (3.52), Switzerland (4.25), Spain (4.97), China (5.25), Canada (6.56), Sweden (6.7), and France (7.43).

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...tes-worldwide/

The rate for the USA would be even lower if not for the failure for the Blue states to do a good job.

Even though the Democrats are constantly harping on President Trump's failure about handling the China flu the facts prove that he has done a good job. Not only that, but the economy of the USA is doing much better than the European economies.

I hadn't been paying attention this summer but I'm surprised that we pulled ahead of Germany.

Wow - the UK is almost 4X the US.

Jerry Shugart

?
whatever foolishness makes you feel good.

So you don't think that the death rate is the best way to judge President Trump's response to COVID-19?

What could possibly be more important than limiting the death rate?

In your opinion what is more important?