No person can come to Christ by their own freewill !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

The Scripture does not say, "No man can come unto me unless I make him come to me." Jesus says no man can come to Jesus until God first draws him and enlightens him so he can intelligently and willfully choose between life and death, heaven and hell, God or the devil, and so forth. But Jesus will draw all men until Him so don't think He intends to leave anyone out.

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
Does coming to Christ require Gods Drawing Power according to Jn 6:44 ? Yes or No

marke

Does coming to Christ require Gods Drawing Power according to Jn 6:44 ? Yes or No
Yes. No sinner can come to God for salvation without Jesus first giving the sinner light to do so. But Jesus gives all men light to come

John 1:9
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

and Jesus draws all men to come to God for the forgiveness of sins and salvation from sin and eternal death.

beloved57

Yes. No sinner can come to God for salvation without Jesus first giving the sinner light to do so. But Jesus gives all men light to come

John 1:9
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

and Jesus draws all men to come to God for the forgiveness of sins and salvation from sin and eternal death.

I said Gods Power !

oatmeal

Jn 6:44

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

No man can come here means no man has the ability to come to Christ. That cancels out the myth that man has a freewill,

It also means that no man has the ability to believe on Christ for Salvation. Because Christ equates believing on Him with coming to Him. Jn 6:64-65

64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

What about those Jesus says to them Jn 5:40

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Thats answered in Jn 6:44 they simply will not come because they cannot come unless the Power of God draws them and makes them willing

Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

If and when one comes to believe on Christ willingly, the credit goes to Gods Power !
Free will is certainly not enough. Without knowledge of the gospel, no one can willfully believe to receive the gift of salvation. Romans 10

beloved57

Free will is certainly not enough. Without knowledge of the gospel, no one can willfully believe to receive the gift of salvation. Romans 10
Man is spiritually dead friend ! He needs first and foremost to be made alive before he can do anything of a spiritual manner ! The natural man, who is spiritually dead receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God and cannot know them 1 Cor 2:14

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Man is spiritually dead friend ! He needs first and foremost to be made alive before he can do anything of a spiritual manner ! The natural man, who is spiritually dead receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God and cannot know them 1 Cor 2:14

Sorry, but "spiritually dead" does not mean "morally incapable."

It means separated from God.

Death is the wages of sin, not sin the wages of death. One is separated from God the first time he sins, not before:

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me.Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good. - Romans 7:7-12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans7:7-12&version=NKJV

When Adam sinned, he was cast out of the Garden of Eden, separated from his Creator. He died, spiritually, as God said:

And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat;but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.” - Genesis 2:16-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis2:16-17&version=NKJV

And sure enough:

So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings.And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden.Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?”So he said, “I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself.”And He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?” . . . Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”—therefore the Lord God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken.So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life. - Genesis 3:6-11,22-24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis3:6-11,22-24&version=NKJV

The Knowledge of Good and Evil is another name for the Law.

When man becomes aware of the Law, gains knowledge of good and evil, he sins, because like Adam, he is tempted by the law. He is then, like Adam, separated from God, and dies spiritually, as per Paul in Romans 7:9-11.

That's what death is.

When you say, "death means men are morally incapable of receiving the things of God," 1) you're going against what scripture says (which is that man "does not receive," not "cannot receive," and 2) you're denying what Paul wrote in Romans 7, and other passages where it's EXTREMELY clear that it is the responsibility of the individual (not God) to hear the gospel, so that they may confess and believe unto salvation (and yes, the gospel itself is part of God's drawing, meaning He made the first move).

oatmeal

Yes, indeed, the natural man, the man without spirit is indeed spiritually dead, but even the natural man can seek the things of God by his own free will. The spiritual man can receive the things of the spirit of God because the spiritual man has the spirit of God in him, he is born again of incorruptible seed which is the spirit God gave to the natural man. However, no spiritual man except for John the Baptist had spirit on him from the womb. All natural men who received the spirit did not have the spirit until they received the spirit. They received it by doing Romans 10:9 which they can do only by exercising their free will to confess with their mouth the lord Jesus and believe in their heart that God raised him from the dead.

beloved57

oatmeal

Yes, indeed, the natural man, the man without spirit is indeed spiritually dead, but even the natural man can seek the things of God by his own free will.

Thats totally against scripture, for man spiritually is dead. He doesnt receive the things of the Spirit of God neither can he know them because they are spiritually discerned 1 Cor 2:14

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
judgerightly

It means spiritually dead and spiritually incapable.

Stamping your foot and demanding that you're right doesn't make it so, nor does it refute the rest of my post which you clearly intentionally ignored.

Address the rest of my post, please.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
oatmeal

Thats totally against scripture, for man spiritually is dead.

So what? Being separated from God (spiritually dead) doesn't mean God cannot reach out to him.

He doesn't receive the things of the Spirit of God

"Does not." Not "cannot."

neither can he know them because they are spiritually discerned 1 Cor 2:14

He cannot understand the things of God, but that's different than being incapable of seeking God, which he CAN do if the Father draws him (John 6:44).

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I dont see any need to respond to the rest of your post sir.

So you concede that "spiritually dead" does not mean "morally incapable," but rather that it simply means "separated from God"?

beloved57

Not what I'm talking about, and you know it, B57.
You brought up mans moral ability, I never said a thing about mans moral abilities, men are and can be extremely moral. The thing about man by nature is he cant be spiritual, hes dead spiritually. Maybe you need to ponder the difference between the natural man being moral and being spiritually dead to God !

beloved57

John 6:44 is undisputably disclosing to us that no one person can come to the Lord Jesus Christ by his or her own freewill !

Status
Not open for further replies.