Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by brother Willi

you know the answer to that, dont you?

sometimes folks play with fire
some dont

Originally posted by SOTK4ever

Yes, I do. And I know that you and Zman do as well. That's what I take issue with. Your both hesitant in joking like BB does because you both know it's wrong yet you let him get a way with it, and what's worse, you openly support it.

I work in Juvenile law and see some of the youth that come in not get a certain concept. That concept is that if you allow a crime to occur but aren't actually committing that certain crime, you're still guilty in the courts eye for allowing that crime to go on. I think this is true behaviorally for just about anything. In other words, if you are a witness to a wrong being done, yet allow it to go on, you're wrong too. Now apply this spiritually with the responsibility as a believer in Christ. Do you know what I mean?

I understand your objection to judging and agree with the scripture you cited in Matthew. However, Christians can judge with righteous judgement when appropriate. Jesus also commanded us to confront eachother when wrong. I see this as loving. I see it as hateful to allow a brother to remain in sin or error.

Look at it another way. I am a parent. What if I just kept my mouth shut when one of my kids was in error? What might happen to them physically? Or spiritually? What about me? I have been in terrible error before and was quite obviously sinning. If it wasn't for caring brothers and sister in Christ, I may have kept going. Did they judge me? You bet they did! And I am glad for it!

Look, nobody likes to be corrected or to have their motives questioned. I'd react in an angry fashion as well and have. Nobody said it's easy or fun, but I do believe it is necessary especially where the state of a fellow brother's soul is in question.

In Christ,

SOTK

cite

:thumb:

Hope you don't mind, SOTK, I highlighted my most favorite part of a wholly great post :)

SOTK

Re: Nineveh's SPOTD 1-7-04 SOTK!

Originally posted by Nineveh
Hope you don't mind, SOTK, I highlighted my most favorite part of a wholly great post :)

I don't mind at all. :) Thanks for your support, sister! :up:

SOTK

BB, if being a religionist means not being whatever you are, I'll proudly accept the title of religionist. So, knock yourself out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.