New Poll: Most voters disagree with FBI's decision not to indict except deomcrats

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
It was well beyond poor judgement, she willfully & knowingly committed multiple felonious acts and was given a pass for politics. That should trouble any law abiding American that there is such a huge double standard, Nixon was run out of office for far less...he too was guilty.

Not only was he guilty but Nixon received a presidential pardon from an unelected GOP president - without ever being required to acknowledge his guilt.

While Nixon was allowed to head back to his home in California, courtesy of his presidential "Get Out Of Jail" card, his
subordinates who served in his Administration and followed his instructions, were all left to serve jail time as a reward dor their loyalty!

Last edited:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
its-not-fair.jpg

That being said:

Adults are talking here jgarden, i.e. go back to your toddler (liberal) playpen.
As someone who would have us believe that he is a devout Christian, I challenge "aCultureWarrior" to produce those Biblical passages that condone engaging in personal attacks and disrespecting those who do not happen to share your opinions!

rexlunae

I beg to differ, Comey showed himself to be a hack that has no scruples whatsoever. To allow Hillary to skate on violations this egregious is not only a dereliction of duty but, a legal travesty. This was all about politics and the majority of Americans know it. You might want to brush up on what happens to the common man, in this case a Marine Corps Captain who sent just one classified email through unclassified channels to save lives, self reported the infraction, and now faces disciplinary action including being expelled from the Marine Corps.

And you can honestly say that there is no double standard?....Please!

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/...classified-document-to-warn-against-massacre/

So, was he indicted?

rexlunae

The fact she knew the rules, signed documentation she knew the rules, and willfully defied them is textbook gross negligence. The only reason she is not being prosecuted is for political reasons, and everyone can see the double standard quite clearly.

You're the one being blinded by partisanship. You want to find gross negligence, so that's what you see.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
You're the one being blinded by partisanship. You want to find gross negligence, so that's what you see.
1. The current head of the FBI is a life-long registered Republican. He stated that based on successful prosecutions in the past, convictions under the Information Act (1966) required that the individual was guilty of deliberately divulging classified government materials to outside sources.

2. Both of Clinton's predecessors, Rice and Powell, were also Secretaries of State under the Bush Administration and both conducted government business using private accounts. Given that all 3 engaged in the same practices, why was the one Democratic Secretary, but not the two Republican Secretaries of State, included in the investigation?

3. The Information Act only applies to executive agencies - not legislators or the judiciary. Despite dealing with classified material in various committees, members of the House and the Senate are free to use private accounts if they wish because there is no regulating legislation.

4. If account security while conducting government business was the real concern, why haven't the Republicans, with majorities in both the House and the Senate, seen fit to pass comprehensive legislation to resolve this situation. The fact that GOP legislators chose to go on summer holidays, instead of addressing the problem, speaks volumes.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
2. Both of Clinton's predecessors, Rice and Powell, were also Secretaries of State under the Bush Administration and both conducted government business using private accounts. Given that all 3 engaged in the same practices, why was the one Democratic Secretary, but not the two Republican Secretaries of State, included in the investigation?

TomO posted this in another thread about her emails so I'm posting it again here:

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/07/a-guide-to-clintons-emails/

Did other secretaries of state use personal emails for government business?

The IG report confirmed what we had previously written: Among Clinton’s predecessors, only Colin Powell (Jan. 20, 2001–Jan. 26, 2005) used a personal email account for government business. Madeleine Albright (Jan. 23, 1997–Jan. 20, 2001) did not use email at all, and Condoleezza Rice (Jan. 26, 2005–Jan. 20, 2009) did not use a personal email account to conduct government business, the IG report said. Clinton’s successor, Secretary of State John Kerry, told the inspector general’s office that he “infrequently” used a personal email account for government business “when responding to a sender who emailed him on his personal account.”

No other secretary of state maintained a private server that was used for government business.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Did the Inspector General come to these conclusions based only on the word of Rice, Powell, Albright and Kerry - or did the IG actually conduct its own investigation, as was the case with Clinton?

The fact remains that the Information Act only applies to executive agencies - members of the House and Senate also sit on committees that deal with classified materials, but there appears to be not legislation that prohibits their use of private accounts.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

Wrong, I have a practical working knowledge of what the law says concerning handling, possession or transmission of classified things, as well as a repeat for these laws and why they exist, I also have a working practical knowledge of what the consequences are/should be for anyone who has mishandled classified information. The double standard has been set, the fix is in, and because it is one of your own, near and dear to you politically it is a non-issue for liberals such as yourself. Given you are a partisan hack without any respect for the law, just as Hillary is, you will accept the egregious acts she has perpetrated against the nation without care for the consequences this precedent sets, you are just as lawless as she is...shame on you!

rexlunae

Wrong, I have a practical working knowledge of what the law says concerning handling, possession or transmission of classified things, as well as a repeat for these laws and why they exist, I also have a working practical knowledge of what the consequences are/should be for anyone who has mishandled classified information. The double standard has been set, the fix is in, and because it is one of your own, near and dear to you politically it is a non-issue for liberals such as yourself. Given you are a partisan hack without any respect for the law, just as Hillary is, you will accept the egregious acts she has perpetrated against the nation without care for the consequences this precedent sets, you are just as lawless as she is...shame on you!

You posted a supposedly similar case, but you didn't answer my simple question about it. You can't call it a double-standard unless you can come up with someone who actually experienced different treatment in a similar situation.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Bump:

That's the important question for you, RM. It hardly establishes a similar precedent unless the justice department indicted under similar circumstances. Military discipline isn't the same standard, as you well know.

So it is your contention that Hillary should be able to willfully commit multiple felonious acts, and the common man, civilian or military should be held to a different standard? What has happened here, though you are too much of a partisan hack to admit, is that there are one set of rules for Hillary (or any other person of influence), and another set of rules for everyone else. It is obvious that you find no problem with that because it would absolutely destroy Hillary's/Democrat's chances of holding the White House but, what is being sacrificed for her sake is the law, and without law there is no civil society, as we are already seeing happen in America. "All in all it's just another brick in the wall" right?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
New Poll: Most voters disagree with FBI's decision not to indict except deomcrats

America conservatives have a lynch party mentality concerning Hillary because with Trump as their presumptive presidential candidate, that's the only card they have left to play!

The Republican Convention and the general election will provide "Circus Trump" with unlimited opportunities for 'self-inflicted" political controversies that will make "servergate" pale in comparison.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So it is your contention that Hillary should be able to willfully commit multiple felonious acts, and the common man, civilian or military should be held to a different standard?
Rather, he just noted that you haven't actually supported this position, that Comey spoke to the particulars that made this different. Rex asked you to provide an actual parallel to Clinton's case that was handled differently. I already illustrated the numerous reasons why the Marine case wasn't a parallel in almost any meaningful sense.

You are a layman with some experience and understanding of the literal reading of the law. You're also someone with no experience or real understanding of how and why that black letter law has been applied in cases like this or tends to be, of the ins and outs of prosecutorial discretion and reliance on precedent.

rexlunae

So it is your contention that Hillary should be able to willfully commit multiple felonious acts, and the common man, civilian or military should be held to a different standard? What has happened here, though you are too much of a partisan hack to admit, is that there are one set of rules for Hillary (or any other person of influence), and another set of rules for everyone else.

I am not taking a position on whether or not the outcome is a good one, because I can truly see either position. What matter are the circumstances of the current case. Clinton was a civilian political appointee, and no longer works at State. The law, as it exists, and the way that the law has been interpreted and enforced does not recommend charges here. The challenge to you is to find an actual parallel case which could sustain such a prosecution under the laws that apply to civilians with no current government job. If she still worked at State, she might be subject to some kind of disciplinary action, as Comey suggested, which would be comparable to the discharge or reprimand your marine case resulted in. But that isn't an option here. And if her actions were clearly intentional, she could be prosecuted as Petreus was. Neither of those cases apply, although new evidence could support the later. But the fact that it hasn't been found after a litany of investigations suggests that it likely doesn't exist, and she likely didn't intentionally do anything wrong. If we started prosecuting civilians who accidentally disclose classified information, I think we'd have a different situation, but it also might be a lot harder to find people willing to do certain jobs, and we'd end up with a lot more prosecutions of people honestly doing their best for the country. Such a policy shouldn't begin with the hyperpartisan environment of a cabinet-level office or a current presidential candidate, in any case.

Last edited:

rexlunae

If it helps, RM, many people, including me, think that this whole incident makes Clinton look very bad. That's a pretty substantial result. We're going into an election, and it well could decide the outcome. It won't for me, since the GOP nominated such a complete knob, but it will potentially for many people. I think it's a tactical mistake to try to take that relative victory and throw it back hoping for the kind of result that would completely disqualify Clinton from office. It just makes them look unreasonable and partisan, which, of course, they are. But I don't think they can help themselves.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
If it helps, RM, many people, including me, think that this whole incident makes Clinton look very bad. That's a pretty substantial result. We're going into an election, and it well could decide the outcome. It won't for me, since the GOP nominated such a complete knob, but it will potentially for many people. I think it's a tactical mistake to try to take that relative victory and throw it back hoping for the kind of result that would completely disqualify Clinton from office. It just makes them look unreasonable and partisan, which, of course, they are. But I don't think they can help themselves.

Just look at how Trump handled it. He could have had a pretty good day (or longer) but he started spouting off about a bribe between Lynch and the Clintons.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Just look at how Trump handled it. He could have had a pretty good day (or longer) but he started spouting off about a bribe between Lynch and the Clintons.
He's the best thing to happen for Hillary in a bid for the White House. After Palin made the ticket I stopped saying, "One thing you'll never see from a Republican nominee" but this one surprised me.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
He's the best thing to happen for Hillary in a bid for the White House. After Palin made the ticket I stopped saying, "One thing you'll never see from a Republican nominee" but this one surprised me.

I partially agree but I'm not completely shocked considering the environment we're in right now. I think mostly surprised that Cruz didn't catch on more.