New Low From Trump

The Berean

Definitely! This is the aim of many voting for 3rd parties and emphasized a lot by Jill. Besides the 2 main parties..... My Oregon ballot has Gary Johson and Jill Stein on it....and room for one 'write in'. I think the Green Party is on almost all state ballots but a few. Some argue that voting 3rd party will work to give or deprive one of the main party votes....but it's a matter of your own vote of conscience. Otherwise one could strategize with voting for Hilary or Trump...to give one or the other an advantage in such a tight race. It's kind of a toss up if you follow me.

Here in Califoria the ballot have five presidential candidates plus five more official write-in candidates (including Bernie Sanders).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Here in California the state has officially listed five candidates as offical write-in candidates. Any ballot with another write-in candidate will not be counted. Does your state do something similar?
I don't believe there are any restrictions here.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Liberal and liberal.
If you're far enough to the right I suppose you even get suspicious of a mirror. :shocked:

Sexual assaults as locker room banter? If you take him at his word, it was all consensual.
Consent is something that happens prior to an act. If you don't have it, you don't have it. He wasn't asking.

I'm not condoning it but if you come up to a woman and start doing those things and she welcomes it
There's a huge difference between not trying to fight off an assault you weren't anticipating and welcoming it.

and never, ever says no or struggles physically , it isn't assault.
It absolutely can be.

ClimateSanity

If you're far enough to the right I suppose you even get suspicious of a mirror. :shocked:

Consent is something that happens prior to an act. If you don't have it, you don't have it. He wasn't asking.

There's a huge difference between not trying to fight off an assault you weren't anticipating and welcoming it.

It absolutely can be.

If you don't protest an act, you are giving your consent. If you reciprocate vigorously in a very positive way, I would say you have given even more powerful consent. It used to be called romance. If you had to ask permission, it meant you lacked confidence and the woman would reject you. If you were wrong and the woman was not interested in your advance, there would be a simple shoving away or a slap if necessary.

You have now taken normal romance and turned it into a felony.

ClimateSanity

What trump described is far different than not fighting off an unwelcome assault. He described a very positive and warm reception to his advances. In other words, the advances WERE wanted as he described it. It is just your bias that assumes they were not wanted.

jeffblue101

And you can write in, i voted today and didnt vote for either trump or hillary - i hope enough people choose something else and send a message.

nope, while you help Hillary win, hillary is getting a record number Hispanics in a hysterical fear of Trump to swing Nevada and Florida in her direction.

ClimateSanity

I sent a message last two elections. What was the result? 8 years of Obama. Did the GOP get the message? No. Or they got it but ignored it because they were more beholden to their donors. The most important thing to them is their status. They can be a part of the establishment and enjoy all the perks even if they lose their office in an election. No message will ever be heard in that context.

If the message is that you will not tolerate anyone in office who is sexually immoral or said mean things to women. They will be glad to accommodate you. Such a man will never get close to the GOP nomination ever again. But the country will still go to hell with someone more moral and polite such as romney or McCain. Having a libido and a loud mouth will not destroy the country.... loyalty to the establishment will.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Let me explain to others what qualifications a Presidential candidate must have in order for you to vote for him or her (granted, when TH voted for Obama the first time around, he didn't have one of these, but definitely had the other).

Pro LGBT, pro life.

Of course you can't be one and the other, as homosexuality is by nature a culture of death.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If you don't protest an act, you are giving your consent.
No. That's why if you have sex with a woman who has passed out, intoxicated, you can be charged with rape. Similarly, you can't simply decide to grope a woman because you feel entitled. Unless he signaled his intent and she agreed to it, that's assault. Though some of the women coming forward describe physically rebuffing him (like the woman on the airplane) it isn't necessary that they do. It's only necessary that they at no point gave consent prior to his action.

If you reciprocate vigorously in a very positive way, I would say you have given even more powerful consent.
I'd say that absent a fear of some harm, faking a thing to protect against that harm, at that point it becomes something else. But the women whose accounts I've read don't fit that description.

It used to be called romance.
No, it really didn't. No one is confused between romantic, reciprocal sexual relations and what we're speaking to in relation to the charges set against him by a number of women, or what he's speaking to in the Bush recording.

If you had to ask permission, it meant you lacked confidence and the woman would reject you
Well, no. But this isn't an area of confused fumbling where one person is wondering how far the other person is interested in taking it. This is a powerful man, outside of any prior relation, feeling entitled to approach and grope a woman because he considers himself "a star".

You have now taken normal romance and turned it into a felony
Rather, the law has recognized that no one, male or female, has a right to unilaterally decide on the course of sexual conduct. That's not a bad thing, even if it inconveniences those unaccustomed to considering more than their impulse.

Last edited:

ClimateSanity

How many times have men touched, grabbed, kissed our went all the way without ever asking?

Are you saying all of these men are guilty of sexual assault?

ClimateSanity

I'd say that absent a fear of some harm, faking a thing to protect against that harm, at that point it becomes something else.

Town

So, a woman can enjoy sex and a year later accuse rape and have it stick because no verbal consent was given ?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Nowhere did Donald claim he felt entitled.
Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything...Grab ’em by the [redacted]. You can do anything.

How many times have men touched, grabbed, kissed our went all the way without ever asking?

Are you saying all of these men are guilty of sexual assault?
Some doubtless were, but what I actually said wasn't hard to follow, so I'm not going to repeat it. Read and respond to the particulars if you want. Your question just moves the goal posts.

Last edited:

ClimateSanity

No one is confused between romantic, reciprocal sexual relations and what we're speaking to in relation to the charges set against him by a number of women, or what he's speaking to in the Bush recording.

Town

First....Trump said this was all made up in order to impress.

Second, if he did do those things, he said they let him do it.

What trump described on the tapes can be reciprocal.

Are you willing to state that no woman has ever enjoyed or even dreamed of being handled that way by her dream man? Are you saying it is impossible that any woman would enjoy that without first being asked?

ClimateSanity

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything...Grab ’em by the [redacted]. You can do anything.

Some, doubtless were, but what I actually said wasn't hard to follow, so I'm not going to repeat it. Read and respond to the particulars if you want. Your question just moves the goal posts.

You have no clearly defined goal posts. Ambiguity is your forte .

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
First....Trump said this was all made up in order to impress.
It's in his best interest to frame it that way now, but his words were plain enough and they line up with accusations relating to his conduct, made both recently and some time ago, as when I noted charges about the one sided groping made in the early 90s, long before his run for the presidency.

Second, if he did do those things, he said they let him do it.
That's just not true.

Trump: I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait.

He doesn't wait for what, CL? He doesn't wait for anything, including their consent. The next line is how he justifies the behavior.

Trump: And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

He's not just bragging. If he was bragging he wouldn't have admitted to failing with the married woman he took furniture shopping. No, there's more reason to believe he's simply telling Billy how it is, how he is. That's his sense of personal power, his entitlement framing how he sees and approaches women. He's not trying to rape anyone, he's imposing his will and seeing what he can get from it. That appears to be his approach in life. I doubt he ever thought that anyone in his radar could be offended. I doubt he thought about it at all.

Are you willing to state that no woman has ever enjoyed or even dreamed of being handled that way by her dream man?
Doesn't matter. If some women, with their own sexual issues, "liked" being taken without giving consent it literally has no impact on the rule, the law, or the practice.

You have no clearly defined goal posts.
If that was true you'd have no objection.

Ambiguity is your forte .
Set out any ambiguity, a point where you're less than certain about my position. I'll happily spell it out.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Sexual acts aren't naturally co-signed and agreed upon beforehand. It is not a legal contract. The reality of these sjws/liberals/feminists ceaselessly bringing up the broken record of what 'consent' is, is to simply throw a war at men so that women have advantage over them. The goal is to make those accused of sexual assault to undergo inquisitorial scrutiny (guilty until proven innocent).

But people are so foolish, they refuse to see the obvious- if it weren't the case, we wouldn't be having the discussion. It's not about deterring rape, it's about emasculating men- it's in every breath they speak, and in every indifference of their own acts and nature.

Trump revealed the insanity of these people by being an impenetrable magnet to to their prejudices and falsehoods. They are the one's who largely made Trump successful, and are too stupid to even see that :rotfl:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sexual acts aren't naturally co-signed and agreed upon beforehand. It is not a legal contract.
Sex should be agreed upon before hand. If you're stupid enough to engage outside of the marital estate you'd better protect yourself from misunderstanding that can lead to legal action and a wrecked life or lives.

The reality of these sjws/liberals/feminists ceaselessly bringing up the broken record of what 'consent' is, is to simply throw a war at men so that women have advantage over them.
In reality you don't know what you're talking about and the laws relating to consent aren't aimed at any one sex. A woman is as subject to consent laws.

The goal is to make those accused of sexual assault to undergo inquisitorial scrutiny (guilty until proven innocent).
The goal is to be sure people who engage in sexual conduct do so with consent, avoiding a tragic consequence else.

I omit the rest of your jackassery* as a public service.

* n. "foolishbehaviour or stupidity" - Collins English Dictionary

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Sex should be agreed upon before hand. If you're stupid enough to engage outside of the marital estate you'd better protect yourself from misunderstanding that can lead to legal action and a wrecked life or lives.

You support an unneeded, growing adversarial nature, and then tell men to be careful. I think it's sad that kids in school are now being taught how not to rape, because it's apparently as easy to do as a misstep on a high road.

In reality you don't know what you're talking about and the laws relating to consent aren't aimed at any one sex. A woman is as subject to consent laws.

What those laws were meant for and what you all perpetuate with them are two different things. It is more than clear that is about women because there is virtual silence on men raped.

The goal is to be sure people who engage in sexual conduct do so with consent, avoiding a tragic consequence else.

The goal is to chastise men for natural sexuality and merely calling it 'deterring rape'. Until men are made to walk around in public with leashes and their heads down, this absurdity from you all will not end. With liberation comes accountability, and since women are liberated, guess what needs to happen?
I think you all are just damned crazy, is all. It's not about a hatred of women, you all just make me mad with your nonsense. This is how you all actually see a free and fair society :rolleyes: