ECT Mystery Babylon

genuineoriginal

You're inadequate understanding is what is stupid. I do have compassion on your stupidness so I'm going to school you.
Your lack of understanding will make that impossible.

The two symbolic women of Revelation (Babylon and the expectant woman of chap. 12) are a direct parallel to the allegory of Paul in Galatians 4.
See, you already have it wrong.

Babylon or Hagar represents the old covenant and earthly Jerusalem.
You have added Babylon where it does not belong, and are still confusing Babylon, the symbol of captivity, with Jerusalem, the symbol of the promise.

If you have any respect for the truth, start here:

Jeremiah 29:4
4 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, unto all that are carried away captives, whom I have caused to be carried away from Jerusalem unto Babylon;​

And end here:

Nehemiah 7:6
6 These are the children of the province, that went up out of the captivity, of those that had been carried away, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away, and came again to Jerusalem and to Judah, every one unto his city;​

genuineoriginal

That is how it reads to me. Nothing else fits.

Don't you think the 'tentacles' of its immoral state of being have reached to the whole of the US to make to be included it in the destruction mentioned that is soon coming?
Mystery Babylon is a great city that sits on a beast.

In prophecy, a beast is a symbol of an empire.

The USA is the empire that New York City sits on, so if New York City is Mystery Babylon, then the USA is the beast of Revelation.

Epoisses

The USA is the empire that New York City sits on, so if New York City is Mystery Babylon, then the USA is the beast of Revelation.

Satan is the beast per Rev. 9:11 and 12:9. He will appear on earth as the false Christ and establish his throne in Jerusalem (woman on top of the beast). He will rebuild the temple (image of the beast) and force the world back under the law or old covenant legalism (mark of the beast). The other heads represent other angels who will appear with him and the ten horns will be ten world leaders who will be given rule over all the earth. The heads are the demonic powers and the horns are human leaders. The little horn/ man of sin/ king of the north will most likely be a Jewish high priest who will be given unlimited power and will officiate over the tribulation temple.

Beasts do not represent ancient kingdoms. Gabriel was in a battle for 21 days with the prince of Persia in Dan. 10. The prince of Persia was a fallen angel not some earthly king. Satan himself is called the king of Babylon in Isa. 14 and the king of Tyre in Eze. 28. In Rev. 5 we are given a picture of a Lamb with seven horns and seven eyes. This lamb is Jesus (not a kingdom) and the seven horns are said to be seven angels. Just one example of a beast in prophecy that is not an ancient kingdom. There are many other examples. Satan took the form of a serpent, is said to be a roaring lion by Peter and is the great red dragon in Revelation. The four living creatures around the throne are another example of angels that are beasts.

Cross Reference

Good grief!! The beast is a ten nation entity. Read the passage that states it as being such.

ThreeAngels

In the book of Revelation, Mystery Babylon takes a prominent place. Do you believe Mystery Babylon will physically be ancient Babylon? Or, does the "mystery" suggest a "type" of Babylon located elsewhere?
Rome is mystery Babylon. Allow me to quote a work which has described it so well:
"The woman (Babylon) of Revelation 17 is described as "arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness:...and upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon the Great, the mother of harlots." Says the prophet: "I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus."Babylon is further declared to be "that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth." Revelation 17:4-6, 18. The power that for so many centuries maintained despotic sway over the monarchs of Christendom is Rome. The purple and scarlet color, the gold and precious stones and pearls, vividly picture the magnificence and more than kingly pomp affected by the haughty see of Rome. And no other power could be so truly declared "drunken with the blood of the saints" as that church which has so cruelly persecuted the followers of Christ." From the Great Controversy by Ellen White.

Last edited:

DAN P

In the book of Revelation, Mystery Babylon takes a prominent place. Do you believe Mystery Babylon will physically be ancient Babylon? Or, does the "mystery" suggest a "type" of Babylon located elsewhere?

Hi and MYSTERY BABYLON just means Secret Confusion !!

As I read it NOW , it can ONLY be Jerusalem for the following reasons !

They , Israel was sent the BIG LIE of 2 Thess 2:11 !!

They were then built a GOlDEN STATURE in the Temple !!

They worship the IMAGE and they commit IDOLATRY and Fornication !!

And Rev 9:15 and 18 and the word BABYLON is mentioned more than 1 time !!

I have more why I beleive at this IS Jerusalem and this all happens during the Great Tribulation and it is obvoiusly that there will NEW JERUSALEM !!

Any way that is what I believe and see at this time !!

dan p

dan p

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

"Mystery Babylon" refers to Jerusalem in the first century.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In Revelation, Jerusalem is referred to as Sodom, Egypt, and Babylon. All are enemies of God.

In all three places (Sodom, Egypt, and Babylon) God's people are delivered out of these enemies.

Cross Reference

:chuckle:

The base is in the land of Shinar.

And that "land of Shiner" is NYC.

Then the angel who talked with me came forward and said to me, “Lift your eyes and see what this is that is going out.” And I said, “What is it?” He said, “This is the basket that is going out.” And he said, “This is their iniquity in all the land.” And behold, the leaden cover was lifted, and there was a woman sitting in the basket! And he said, “This is Wickedness.” And he thrust her back into the basket, and thrust down the leaden weight on its opening. Then I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, two women coming forward! The wind was in their wings. They had wings like the wings of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between earth and heaven. Then I said to the angel who talked with me, “Where are they taking the basket?” He said to me, “To the land of Shinar, to build a house for it. And when this is prepared, they will set the basket down there on its base.” Zechariah 5:5-11 (ESV)

The base was built by the USA upon which the Stature of Liberty sits. Having been built in France, disassembled and 'flown' over here to rest on its base at "Governors Island". Now read Rev 17 and 18 with that in mind when mentioning her as the "Whore" and the contempt of the nations. We live in such a time that the nations mentioned we can now name.

5 Then the angel who talked with me came forward and said to me, “Lift your eyes and see what this is that is going out.”
6 And I said, “What is it?” He said, “This is the basket that is going out.” And he said, “This is their iniquity in all the land.”
7 And behold, the leaden cover was lifted, and there was a woman sitting in the basket!
8 And he said, “This is Wickedness.” And he thrust her back into the basket, and thrust down the leaden weight on its opening.
9 Then I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, two women coming forward! The wind was in their wings. They had wings like the wings of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between earth and heaven.
10 Then I said to the angel who talked with me, “Where are they taking the basket?”
11 He said to me, “To the land of Shinar, to build a house for it. And when this is prepared, they will set the basket down there on its base.” Zechariah 5:5-11 (ESV)