ECT Mystery Babylon

HisServant

The antichrist has nothing to do with the rebuilding of the temple in Jerusalem.

It is God who will enable the rebuilding of the temple in Jerusalem.

Why would God need blood sacrifices again?

God will have nothing to do with the rebuilding of a Temple that the death of his son made unnecessary.

genuineoriginal

To fulfill prophecy.

Ezekiel 43:18-24
18 And he said unto me, Son of man, thus saith the Lord God; These are the ordinances of the altar in the day when they shall make it, to offer burnt offerings thereon, and to sprinkle blood thereon.
19 And thou shalt give to the priests the Levites that be of the seed of Zadok, which approach unto me, to minister unto me, saith the Lord God, a young bullock for a sin offering.
20 And thou shalt take of the blood thereof, and put it on the four horns of it, and on the four corners of the settle, and upon the border round about: thus shalt thou cleanse and purge it.
21 Thou shalt take the bullock also of the sin offering, and he shall burn it in the appointed place of the house, without the sanctuary.
22 And on the second day thou shalt offer a kid of the goats without blemish for a sin offering; and they shall cleanse the altar, as they did cleanse it with the bullock.
23 When thou hast made an end of cleansing it, thou shalt offer a young bullock without blemish, and a ram out of the flock without blemish.
24 And thou shalt offer them before the Lord, and the priests shall cast salt upon them, and they shall offer them up for a burnt offering unto the Lord.​

God will have nothing to do with the rebuilding of a Temple that the death of his son made unnecessary.
The temple will be rebuilt according to God's will as a sign of the restoration of Israel.
What you consider unnecessary is not what God considers unnecessary.

Danoh

While I believe Rome and its Church fit the description quite well, is it the only place? I have heard Mystery Babylon described as a political and religious system, again Rome seems to fit.
/QUOTE]

Is Rome a city of many languaged people, surrounded by many waters? Is it the chief city in the world as NYC is? Who buys more of the worlds goods than the USA and it flows through NYC as the chief port of the USA?

You are commiting the exact same mistake that Economists and Real Estate Trends Prognosticators are forever committing.

Looking at the the future from the present - both of whom erroneously foresaw future trends prior to the S&L debacle, 911, and the recent worldwide Economic collapse absent of those colossal events and their astounding impact as they had not yet happened for them to take into consideration.

Who foresaw the even still mind boggling impact of Steve Jobs (rip) Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg?

For all you know, New York could be wiped off the map by then by the severe wheather conditions that every now and then threaten its very existence.

Go stand in the middle of the ruins of Pompei and forecaste your "based on the present" notions.

Better yet, simply believe Romans 11:25 - it is well known for its built in ability to cure one of wisdom in its' own conceit.

Epoisses

Absolutely true. Any return to a temple/law economy would be a rejection of Christ and his one time sacrifice for all sin for all time.

Cross Reference

People like you anger me for your willful stupidity. What did Jesus have to say you wilfully ignore? Let's see:

"And as he sat on the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man lead you astray. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am the Christ; and shall lead many astray. And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars; see that ye be not troubled: for these things must needs come to pass; but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there shall be famines and earthquakes in divers places. But all these things are the beginning of travail.

Then shall they deliver you up unto tribulation, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all the nations for my name's sake. And then shall many stumble, and shall deliver up one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall arise, and shall lead many astray. And because iniquity shall be multiplied, the love of the many shall wax cold. But he that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a testimony unto all the nations; and then shall the end come.

When therefore ye see the abomination of desolation, which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let him that readeth understand), then let them that are in Judaea flee unto the mountains: let him that is on the housetop not go down to take out things that are in his house: and let him that is in the field not return back to take his cloak.

But woe unto them that are with child and to them that give suck in those days! And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on a sabbath: for then shall be great tribulation, such as hath not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days had been shortened, no flesh would have been saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened."
Matthew 24:3-22 (ASV)

Mistakes that Economists and Real Estate Trends Prognosticators are forever committing, you say?? <fool> Wake up, while you are still can draw a breath. . .maybe.

Epoisses

People like you anger me for your willful stupidity. What did Jesus have to say you wilfully ignore? Let's see:

"And as he sat on the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man lead you astray. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am the Christ; and shall lead many astray. And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars; see that ye be not troubled: for these things must needs come to pass; but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there shall be famines and earthquakes in divers places. But all these things are the beginning of travail.

Then shall they deliver you up unto tribulation, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all the nations for my name's sake. And then shall many stumble, and shall deliver up one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall arise, and shall lead many astray. And because iniquity shall be multiplied, the love of the many shall wax cold. But he that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a testimony unto all the nations; and then shall the end come.

When therefore ye see the abomination of desolation, which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let him that readeth understand), then let them that are in Judaea flee unto the mountains: let him that is on the housetop not go down to take out things that are in his house: and let him that is in the field not return back to take his cloak.

But woe unto them that are with child and to them that give suck in those days! And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on a sabbath: for then shall be great tribulation, such as hath not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days had been shortened, no flesh would have been saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened."
Matthew 24:3-22 (ASV)

Mistakes that Economists and Real Estate Trends Prognosticators are forever committing, you say?? <fool> Wake up, while you are still can draw a breath. . .maybe.

The Olivet discourse is a short, concise description of the last days. You can't say that history won't repeat itself because it always does.

1) Ezekiel was given a vision of a temple that has never been built. The prince who officiates over this temple and offers sacrifice for himself is most likely the antichrist or man of sin.

2) Daniel was given the timeframe for the reconstruction of Jerusalem and the temple. This has historically been applied to the 2nd temple but could easily be speaking to a 3rd temple. Messiah the prince was added by the translators. The anointed prince is the accurate translation.

3) Jesus said the abomination of desolation would take place in the temple in Jerusalem just before the great tribulation that would never be equaled. 70AD was not the great tribulation no matter how you spin it.

4) Paul said the man of sin would sit in the temple and declare himself to be God just before he is destroyed by the brightness of the second coming.

People like you are willfully ignorant of what the scriptures have to say on this. They place everything in the past and refuse to believe that prophecy actually does foretell the future. The question that was asked of Jesus was what will be sign of your coming and the end of the world. Jesus answered truthfully and his Divine vision looked far past 70AD. It just so happens that 70AD and the end-time will be similar in nature. The end-time being the true fulfillment.

Danoh

The Olivet discourse is a short, concise description of the last days. You can't say that history won't repeat itself because it always does.

1) Ezekiel was given a vision of a temple that has never been built. The prince who officiates over this temple and offers sacrifice for himself is most likely the antichrist or man of sin.

2) Daniel was given the timeframe for the reconstruction of Jerusalem and the temple. This has historically been applied to the 2nd temple but could easily be speaking to a 3rd temple. Messiah the prince was added by the translators. The anointed prince is the accurate translation.

3) Jesus said the abomination of desolation would take place in the temple in Jerusalem just before the great tribulation that would never be equaled. 70AD was not the great tribulation no matter how you spin it.

4) Paul said the man of sin would sit in the temple and declare himself to be God just before he is destroyed by the brightness of the second coming.

People like you are willfully ignorant of what the scriptures have to say on this. They place everything in the past and refuse to believe that prophecy actually does foretell the future. The question that was asked of Jesus was what will be sign of your coming and the end of the world. Jesus answered truthfully and his Divine vision looked far past 70AD. It just so happens that 70AD and the end-time will be similar in nature. The end-time being the true fulfillment.

Good post!

What we see James and Paul and others submitting to in Acts 21 and what Peter later says about water baptism both reveal an important principle as to why the yet future animal sacrifices of Ezekiel et al are in no way, shape, or form, a contradiction to the writer of Hebrews.

Cross Reference

I gave you what Jesus said to His Disciples. You dismiss it out of hand. How does one do that with a clear conscience is beyond my comprehension?

Epoisses

I gave you what Jesus said to His Disciples. You dismiss it out of hand. How does one do that with a clear conscience is beyond my comprehension?

Read the first verse Genius!! The one about the sign of his second coming and the end of the world! 70AD was not the end of the world.

Epoisses

Good post!

What we see James and Paul and others submitting to in Acts 21 and what Peter later says about water baptism both reveal an important principle as to why the yet future animal sacrifices of Ezekiel et al are in no way, shape, or form, a contradiction to the writer of Hebrews.

The dispensationalist have set up Israel and the temple as the 'good guys' at the end when every prophecy of scripture speaks to them as the 'bad guys'

1) The man of sin claiming to be god in the temple - BAD!

2) Abomination of desolation that ushers in the great tribulation - BAD!

3) a 'prince' who offers sacrifice for himself thus rejecting Christ - VERY BAD!

Epoisses

Not really, the good guys are persecuted and driven into the wilderness where they rely on the LORD for food and shelter.

I agree. Jerusalem will be where all the major events of Daniel and Revelation take place. The two witnesses eventually show up there and are put to death. The good and the bad will be all mixed up.

Danoh

I agree. Jerusalem will be where all the major events of Daniel and Revelation take place. The two witnesses eventually show up there and are put to death. The good and the bad will be all mixed up.

Lol, now who is being "dispensational."

Cross Reference

Read the first verse Genius!! The one about the sign of his second coming and the end of the world! 70AD was not the end of the world.

. . . .and I am NOT a preterist so apparently you are screwed up in your thinking to presume on something you shouldn't in your attempt to sort out the issues.