My interview with Bob Enyart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SOTK

Thanks, Turbo! Yeah, that's to steep for me right now. How are you doing, by the way?
Pretty good! Thanks for asking. :)

I'm thinking about going and putting another coat of paint on the wall...

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Re: Lighthouse, I doubt you ever were...

Re: Lighthouse, I doubt you ever were...

Originally posted by Bob Enyart

LH: Bob- I figure you will read this, so: I was one of those Christians who "respected" homos. Because of you, and those who respect you on this board, I am no longer an idiot.

Lighthouse, thanks for your encouragement. I'm glad we're in the fight together. -Bob E.
You're welcome.

the Sibbie

Re: My interview with Bob Enyart

Thanks Jefferson for interviewing and posting that for us. And thanks Bob for the great answers. :thumb:
Originally posted by Jefferson

Jefferson: Another verse on this subject would be Deuteronomy chapter 25 verses 11 and 12 which reads, “If two men fight together and the wife of one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of the one attacking him and puts out her hand and seizes him by the genitals then you shall cut off her hand and your eye shall not pity her.”
This scenario reminds me of this verse which is also symbolic:

Deuteronomy 23:1
"He who is emasculated by crushing or mutilation shall not enter the assembly of the LORD.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
So now my approach has now changed in that I’m playing down the restigmatizing. I’m still attempting to do it but not nearly in as a bold and outrageous way because it’s so utterly ineffective.
Whoa... has Enyart gone soft?! Better let Poly know that the "Gay Away!" fad is over, in favor of a more mature, effective approach.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Re: Re: My interview with Bob Enyart

Re: Re: My interview with Bob Enyart

Originally posted by the Sibbie

Thanks Jefferson for interviewing and posting that for us. And thanks Bob for the great answers. :thumb: This scenario reminds me of this verse which is also symbolic:

Deuteronomy 23:1
"He who is emasculated by crushing or mutilation shall not enter the assembly of the LORD.

Since when was this symbolic? Or was it enforced literally with symbolic undertones?

Lucky

Hall of Fame
About the laws... it sounds like even Enyart is still trying to work out the law division. Which explains why no one has stepped up yet: law division

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Re: My interview with Bob Enyart

Originally posted by granite1010

Or was it enforced literally with symbolic undertones?
Yes, Israel had some symbolic laws that were enforced and were only for Israel. A good example was God's command that Israel keep the Sabbath.

• And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, [jesus]"Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: 'Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you. You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.'"[/jesus] Exodus 31:12-17
Twice God says that it is symbolic (sign=symbol) and that it is specifically for Israel. Then God even explains what that law symbolizes.

the Sibbie

Originally posted by granite1010

Since when was this symbolic? Or was it enforced literally with symbolic undertones?
Enforced literally for Israel, but yes it has symbolic undertones. It should not be enforced for the Body of Christ.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Re: Re: My interview with Bob Enyart

Originally posted by the Sibbie

Enforced literally for Israel, but yes it has symbolic undertones. It should not be enforced for the Body of Christ.
...Or anyone else for that matter, since the symbolic laws were exclusively a part of God's covenant with Israel, and Israel does not currently have this special relationship with God.

Shadowx

Originally posted by Turbo

Yes, Israel had some symbolic laws that were enforced and were only for Israel. A good example was God's command that Israel keep the Sabbath.

• And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, [jesus]"Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: 'Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you. You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.'"[/jesus] Exodus 31:12-17
Twice God says that it is symbolic (sign=symbol) and that it is specifically for Israel. Then God even explains what that law symbolizes.
:up:

And then Paul says...

Cor 2:13 "And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Col 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: "

...Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
Col 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;

..."Let no man therefore judge you..."
Israel WAS judged over such things.

Deu 14:21 Ye shall not eat of any thing that dieth of itself: thou shalt give it unto the stranger that is in thy gates, that he may eat it; or thou mayest sell it unto an alien: for thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

The stranger was not...
..."Give it unto the stranger that he may eat"

It's different with moral law..I don't recall God saying, Ye shall not commit acts of homosexuality Israel, but it's ok for the stranger and the alien...

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Jefferson: Bob, I really appreciate you doing this interview.

Bob: Well, it's a pleasure to talk to you Jeff.

So I recently just finished The First Five Days and did a Google search to see if I could find the old Constitution that Bob used to have up on the ShadowGov website and I found this thread.

Pretty interesting. Can't believe I never saw this interview before.

Flipper

Yeah, I missed it the first time around. That was a good interview, Jefferson.

Sure is lucky that nobody who thought as erroneously as Bob did was able to pull off the First 100 Days in real life, because I guess that interpretative error would have created quite a pile of corpses before it got fixed. Oops!

I guess judging rightly and applying the obvious moral truths of the bible is more relative than Bob makes it seem, sometimes. How is anyone to be sure he's judging rightly now? How does he even know?

When there are laws in the Bible that seem completely inane, that seem to have no relevance, they often scream out for symbolic interpretation

Why can this not be applied to Genesis? A literal interpretation of this story is scientifically inane.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This must have been done around the time I started reading TOL. Never seen it either. Pretty cool though. :up:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Bob,

You and I really should also have a talk . . . not as an interview on your public venue, but as a Christian chat on this more neutral and theological site.

Nang

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:mock: Nang trying to get a guy to write a lot of stuff who has just said he doesn't have a lot of time for writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.