Now they stab at my heart
Why have them now
They only torment me
Some say they are to comfort me that I had such a love
But not now they ache
It seems better to never had them
Why is all this?
Some say because Adam took a bite of the fruit Eve handed him
So it's built on deception and wanting a help mate, not wanting a loss, not wanting the pain of separation
Wishing it will not make it go away
I breathe in and as I breathe out I hum the word ache
I breathe in ... ache
I breathe in ... ache

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am sorry for your loss. Though loss is always painful, it can never outweigh the love and joy that he/she brought into your life. Memories and the love that is attached to them can never be taken from you.

Lon

I breathe in ... ache
I breathe in ... ache
Me: His name was chopper. He was a snoopy-looking dog, all white with a black nose. When Mom went to spank me, Chopper was there, grabbing her arm. Mom laughed the few first times and that dog saved me from spankings. Later, Mom would spank that dog and throw him outside. She'd then spank me and I head outside to comfort my loving dog who never ever stopped, and took the spanking I deserved. I knew that dog was Jesus talking to me about love and taking my punishment upon himself. I'd sit there a 9 year old boy holding my dog, rubbing his sore bottom while he licked away my tears. "Nobody loves us or understands us, Chopper." He'd whimper, lick my tears away, and wag his tail. He never stopped taking that spanking for me, first. He loved me. I never yelled at Chopper. I couldn't. One day we were walking to Sunday School, my older brother and I. Chopper followed us. My older brother yelled at him to go home. Chopper went past him and continued toward me. My brother shouted and told me to yell at him to go home. I couldn't. I was standing in the middle of the road, Chopper came right to me and was immediately hit by a car. That old lady didn't even slow down. She could have killed me, not just my dog. She tried to calm me. She told me it was too late. I ran home and got my dad, when I got back, Chopper was gone.

I just want you to know you aren't alone. Our stories are different. God taught me the sacrificial love of Jesus Christ through my little loving dog. I pray the love of God ministers to you greatly during your time of hurt and loss. In Him -Lon

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I lost my favorite little dog
My heart aches
It aches
I am left with all these memories
Which used to delight me to re-create
Why have them now
They only torment me
But not now they ache
Why is all this?
So it's built on deception and wanting a help mate, not wanting a loss, not wanting the pain of separation
I breathe in ... ache
I breathe in ... ache

I'm so sorry for your loss, exminister. My heart aches with you. May you find comfort in the right time.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I lost my favorite little dog
My heart aches
It aches
I am left with all these memories
Which used to delight me to re-create
Why have them now
They only torment me
But not now they ache
Why is all this?
I breathe in ... ache
I breathe in ... ache

I've lost some long time deeply loved pets. It's too early yet perhaps, but there are good little dogs that need a home and some love. I hope you find a new buddy