My fantasy. And a question for liberals

Caledvwlch

2.1 is the official replacement birth rate for an always steady population. Anything below that is decreasing and anything above that is increasing.

Oh so you didn't mean to say that Liberal Land wouldn't have any children at all? Well what are we talking about then?

Quetzal

first of all, I never said abortion "alone" I also included a statement of aggressive contraception use. Next Japan is not "overpopulated", whatever that means, its problems stem directly from an ever aging population.
I don't want to go too far off topic, but the fact that you can't even define the term tells me you don't understand the concept. Japan ranks 40th for population density out of 240~ other countries. Don't get me wrong, its not at the top but its up there. And your tirade on abortions previous to these posts speaks much louder than the posts you are making now in an attempt to backtrack.

jeffblue101

Because any country with legal abortion has comprehensive sex-ed and ready access to contraception: The goal is to reduce the number of abortions needed in the first place, not to have as many as possible.

why would a liberal society want to reduce abortions in the first place. Imo, I highly doubt that in the liberal west keeping abortions rare would even be discussed it would likely be an after thought sometimes mentioned in an opinion section of a small local newspaper

Caledvwlch

why would a liberal society want to reduce abortions in the first place. Imo, I highly doubt that in the liberal west keeping abortions rare would even be discussed it would likely be an after thought sometimes mentioned in an opinion section of a small local newspaper

You say this like there's some kind of quota.

"Well, Doc, you gotta get your numbers up, or Sean Penn is going to make a movie about you."

Granite

Hall of Fame

Because abortions are considered unfortunate, occasionally distressing, and a last resort that should be and are easily preventable. You're operating under the ridiculous assumption that people who support legal abortions think we should support having as many as possible. Which, simply put, is asinine.

"Safe, legal, and rare" is the phrase Clinton used when he ran for president as far back as 1992. So your skepticism is completely groundless.

jeffblue101

I don't want to go too far off topic, but the fact that you can't even define the term tells me you don't understand the concept. Japan ranks 40th for population density out of 240~ other countries. Don't get me wrong, its not at the top but its up there. And your tirade on abortions previous to these posts speaks much louder than the posts you are making now in an attempt to backtrack.

what does 40th rank in population density have to do with "overpoplation"? overpopulation is a vague term that has been thrown around as if it is bad but I have never seen a direct negative effect correlated to it.

Quetzal

what does 40th rank in population density have to do with "overpoplation"? overpopulation is a vague term that has been thrown around as if it is bad but I have never seen a direct negative effect correlated to it.
Please, please, please, educate yourself on the topic at hand before you post.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't mean to interrupt Jeff, but you might ask the pagans and atheists that are stating that a nation's decreasing birth rate is insignificant, how many of them have children (If they're honest you'll probably get an answer of "1" out of the whole lot).

I've seen here in Sodomy and Gonorrhea North (Seattle), that liberals don't procreate. Will it have a huge impact on society? (less liberals is a good thing), only time will tell.

jeffblue101

Because abortions are considered unfortunate, distressing, and a last resort that should be and are easily preventable. You're operating under the ridiculous assumption that people who support legal abortions think we should support having as many as possible. Which, simply put, is asinine.

"Safe, legal, and rare" is the phrase Clinton used when he ran for president in 1992. So your skepticism is completely groundless.
you need to keep up with up with the times the liberals in the democratic party have literally removed the word "rare" from democratic platform since 2008, not only that but 2 days ago on twitter numerous liberal women supported by PP made "shout your abortion" hashtag a trending topic as they discussed how good and unashamed of their abortions that they have had. That does not seem like these liberals want to create a society in which abortion is "unfortunate, distressing, and a last resort"

Granite

Hall of Fame
you need to keep up with up with the times the liberals in the democratic party have literally removed the word "rare" from democratic platform since 2008, not only that but 2 days ago on twitter numerous liberal women supported by PP made "shout your abortion" hashtag a trending topic as they discuss how good and unashamed their abortions were. that does not seem like these liberals want to create a society that abortion is "unfortunate, distressing, and a last resort"

When you decide what you're talking about let me know, but be sure to get a clue when you do. This is just word salad and goal post moving at this point.

Quetzal

you need to keep up with up with the times the liberals in the democratic party have literally removed the word "rare" from democratic platform since 2008, not only that but 2 days ago on twitter numerous liberal women supported by PP made "shout your abortion" hashtag a trending topic as they discuss how good and unashamed their abortions were. that does not seem like these liberals want to create a society that abortion is "unfortunate, distressing, and a last resort"
Every political group has it's outliers, the liberals are no different.

fool

Hall of Fame
I don't mean to interrupt Jeff, but you might ask the pagans and atheists that are stating that a nation's decreasing birth rate is insignificant, how many of them have children (If they're honest you'll probably get an answer of "1" out of the whole lot).

I've seen here in Sodomy and Gonorrhea North (Seattle), that liberals don't procreate. Will it have a huge impact on society? (less liberals is a good thing), only time will tell.

fool

Hall of Fame
I'm confused as to why the liberal West would have more abortion?
If they have the Utopian welfare state and more kids gets you a bigger stipend then I'd assume abortion would be low.

jeffblue101

When you decide what you're talking about let me know, but be sure to get a clue when you do. This is just word salad and goal post moving at this point.

I never moved goal posts. I've continued to explain that a liberal society will move into irrelevancy with its views and practice on abortions. You countered by saying abortion wouldn't be a big deal since liberals in 1992 said that they wanted to keep it rare. I provided a recent example of how those views on abortion are antiquated in today's liberal party, therefore my post was completely on topic and relevant.