My enthusiasm for Walker is about ZIP... not pro life

republicanchick

Scott Walker talked to Chris Wallace of Fox ("Fox News Sunday").

In in answering CW's questions about abortion, Walker seemed to want to dance around the core issue (in typical politician mode) namely:

whether the state should protect innocent human life; whether said protection of innocent human life is more important and compelling a concern than women having "choice"-- a right to live entirely unencumbered with.. "problems"

I was reading the cc on the screen, so it is possible I misunderstood, but I SERIOUSLY doubt it

I am SURE I heard (read) Walker said that "ultimately the choice belongs to the woman"

OH?

The woman should have a choice whether or not to commit murder??

Then why should only SHE have that right--that power?

No wonder this world has little

to NO respect for life (ISIS)

it's no wonder at all..

Who knows.. maybe ISIS is the world's punishment for tolerating torture and murder in the womb.

___​

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I saw that
and
heard what he said

his statement was based on what he said was the law of the land
which is technically correct
and
he could have added that it could and should be changed
but
he didn't

he is still in 3rd place for me
right behind jeb and perry

republicanchick

I saw that
and
heard what he said

his statement was based on what he said was the law of the land
which is technically correct
and
he could have added that it could and should be changed
but
he didn't

he is still in 3rd place for me
right behind jeb and perry

WHAT???

you make NO sense.

Perry, I can kind of u/stand... but why would you choose Bush?

He is a moderate. And as Cruz said, voting for a moderate is what lost us the last pres election. Do u want to lose again?

conservatives will stay home if they don't see a real difference between the candidates (D and R)

+

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
WHAT???

you make NO sense.

Perry, I can kind of u/stand... but why would you choose Bush?

He is a moderate. And as Cruz said, voting for a moderate is what lost us the last pres election. Do u want to lose again?

conservatives will stay home if they don't see a real difference between the candidates (D and R)

+

as I already told you
you do not know what it takes to get a republican in the white house
you need the religious wackos
and
you need the hispanic vote
and
you don't know what you are talking about
if
you don't understand this

Mocking You

Q: You say that in your book you say you were focused on the fiscal issues, but when it comes to social issues, let's not be obsessed about it.

WALKER: I'm not backing away from my positions. I'm proudly pro-life, but for me the reason I was elected in 2010, the reason I was elected again in 2012, the reason I hope I'll be eventually elected yet again in 2014 like other governors across the country, is because we focused obsessively on helping fix the economy and the private sector and helping put in place a balanced budget that can sustain us at both the state and local level.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Archive/2016_Hopefuls_Scott_Walker.htm

----------------
WALLACE: Do you believe that a woman has a right to end a pregnancy at any point during those nine months?

WALKER: Well, I think ultimately, I mean pro-life because that's an unborn child. When I think of the ultrasound picture that Tonette, my wife, and I saw of our first son, who's now going to be 21 this June, it's indistinguishable not to recognize that it's a human life. That's why I'm pro-life.

My point is we acted on the grounds that we have legally to be able to act under the Supreme Court's decision. We'll act that way at the federal level if we were in a position like that, as well.

But ultimately, it is a life.

WALLACE: But ultimately it's her choice?

WALKER: Well, legally, that's what it is under the guidelines that was provided from the Supreme Court.

WALLACE: And would you change that law?

WALKER: Well, I -- that's not a change you can make. The Supreme Court ultimately has made that.

I believe in the right to life and I believe that there are other things that can be done at both the state and the federal level.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-n...se-talks-dhs-funding-fight#p//v/4087171184001

About 8:25 on the video timeline.

republicanchick

as I already told you
you do not know what it takes to get a republican in the white house
you need the religious wackos
and
you need the hispanic vote
and
you don't know what you are talking about
if
you don't understand this

you don't know everything. Reagan got elected and he was about as conservative as u can get.. Maybe it is you who don't know anything...

and if you are against babies being allowed to continue living...

you are NOT Catholic

not Christian

++

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
What is really sad about this debate is the number of people who claim to be pro-life but are actually nothing more than anti-abortion. Even worse, they completely fail to understand the distinction.

republicanchick

anyone who can look at an aborted child and still be pro-abortion is sold out to the devil

or, if you don't believe in the devil, you are a person of ill will... Sorry to be so blunt but sometimes the truth doesn't sound too... un... politically correct... "nice" or whatever.

There is NO excuse for taking the life of an innocent child.

Don't want a child?

Don't create one...

Gee, do ya think?

______

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
you don't know everything. Reagan got elected and he was about as conservative as u can get.. Maybe it is you who don't know anything...

and if you are against babies being allowed to continue living...

you are NOT Catholic

not Christian

++

can you show me the reagan that is running for 2016?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What is really sad about this debate is the number of people who claim to be pro-life but are actually nothing more than anti-abortion. Even worse, they completely fail to understand the distinction.

what is really sad are those who can't tell us who they are supporting
but
that doesn't stop them from whining

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
anyone who can look at an aborted child and still be pro-abortion is sold out to the devil

or, if you don't believe in the devil, you are a person of ill will... Sorry to be so blunt but sometimes the truth doesn't sound too... un... politically correct... "nice" or whatever.

There is NO excuse for taking the life of an innocent child.

Don't want a child?

Don't create one...

Gee, do ya think?

______
What about after that baby is born, are you willing to support it? Are you willing to make sure that the child has enough food to eat? (Donate to food banks?) Are you willing to support schools so that the child can a good education to lead a productive life? (Support school tax issues?) Are you willing to make sure the child is properly dressed for the weather? (Donate clothes to non-profits that support school children, not Good Will)

A baby being born is just the first step in life and if your attitude is that once the baby is born, its the parents responsibility then you are simply anti-abortion. On the other hand, if you are willing to support that child so that it has enough to eat, so that is has access to a good education so that it has clothes to wear and a safe city grow up in then, and only then, can you call yourself pro life.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
what is really sad are those who can't tell us who they are supporting
but
that doesn't stop them from whining
I am not a single issue voter. I don't know who I am supporting at this time but I tend to support third party candidates as the two main parties have brought us to where we are today. Continuing to vote for the main parties is the very definition on insanity - doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different outcome.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
typical liberal obfuscation and straw man

not going to respond

+
Because you know that you are not, in your heart of hearts, pro-life.

Matthew 25:35-40New International Version (NIV)

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

republicanchick

I \a Continuing to vote for the main parties is the very definition on insanity - doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different outcome.

oh please

why don't you pray God gives you an island all your own and you can start your own government system from scratch

you sound so arrogant... like you can do just SOOO much better than Congress, the pres, the Supreme Court and "we the people" combined..

I am not one of those who downs Congress at every turn. I believe there are people there who really ARE doing their job.. trying to... Sure there are problems and corruption... But YOU... well, I just KNOW that YOU would not do better
(can tell by your Change the subject posts..)

__

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
oh please

why don't you pray God gives you an island all your own and you can start your own government system from scratch

you sound so arrogant... like you can do just SOOO much better than Congress, the pres, the Supreme Court and "we the people" combined..

I am not one of those who downs Congress at every turn. I believe there are people there who really ARE doing their job.. trying to... Sure there are problems and corruption... But YOU... well, I just KNOW that YOU would not do better
(can tell by your Change the subject posts..)

__
I didn't change the subject, I simply brought a little tighter focus to your pet issue. I pointed out why I do not use abortion as a litmus test for candidates. Not only do I oppose abortion, I am for making sure that once the child is born it has every opportunity to succeed in life.

Could I do better than Congress? Depends on how you choose to define "better". If better means doing what TSF wants, probably not. If better means actually taking on the real problems that are killing this country (i.e. deficit spending, debt, etc.) maybe so. But then, anybody who actually takes on those two issues is likely to be tarred and feathered as the honest solution to those two issues will be painful to live through.

republicanchick

Because you know that you are not, in your heart of hearts, pro-life.

Matthew 25:35-40New International Version (NIV)

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and .’

Moron City

oh, wait.. Alinksy City

same deal

__

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Moron City

oh, wait.. Alinksy City

same deal

__
Interesting that you don't even attempt to respond to what I said. Calling me a moron is an ad hominem attack. It means you attack my character without ever dealing with the actual argument I raised. Do you know who was the master at that? Carl Rove.

republicanchick

Interesting that you don't even attempt to respond to what I said. Calling me a moron is an ad hominem attack. It means you attack my character without ever dealing with the actual argument I raised. Do you know who was the master at that? Carl Rove.

no wonder I always thought Karl Rove (you can't even spell his name properly) was... uh... "cute" or what have you..

anyhow...

I don't respond because you have not responded... to the Question:

Is it ever OK to murder the unborn because of the "mother's" social problems?

an injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere

but I say it differently, w/ all due respect to ML King Jr

an injustice anywhere IS an injustice everywhere..

(the womb is "everywhere" for that one helpless little child...)

____