Muslim Bakers and Photographers

ClimateSanity

In order for there to be hypocrisy, you'd actually need a case. You're just speculating how gay people would react on the kooky theory that conservatives seem to have that somehow Christians are being held to a different standard that Muslims and others aren't. So, do you have that, or are we just experiencing one of your paranoid daydreams of persecution?

There won't be a case because the LGBQT community doesn't have a beef with Christians. The theory is not kooky at all. Who did the LGBQT set their sights on? The christian community. There are thousands of Bakers to choose from. Why did they single out a bakery with an owner who had strong christian beliefs? If that isn't being held to a different standard than any other group of people, what is pray tell? It's not paranoid nor is it a dream when it happens right before your eyes. They were singled out on purpose for destruction knowing what their shopped for judge would do. Now, the bakery lost in court and is likely millions in debt. Don't know what the penalty was but I'm sure I'm not far off. Again, reality is not paranoia. However, denying reality is a mental sickness.

ClimateSanity

Rusha spends most of her time thanking posts and letting people argue for her. In her mind, that makes her feel superior. Must be a woman thing :idunno:

It's actually something else, but I m not sure and if I were sure, I would keep my mouth shut. It's not a woman or even a feminist thing this time.

kiwimacahau

Extremists?
Marrying little girls, using little slave girls as sexual toys, and just raping women in general is not exclusive to just those that strap on a suicide bomb.
Their prophet (Piss be upon him) made it all perfectly acceptable to all Muslim men.
Unless a Muslim man wants to acknowledge their own prophet (Piss be upon him) was a sicko pervert, none of them could dare speak against any of it all with any sincerity at all.
Your opinion of Muhammad is exactly that found among people who attempt to judge the 6th C CE by the mores of the 21st. If that's a bit obtuse, let me be clear Muhammad almost certainly was NOT a pedophile.

Sent from my SM-A500Y using Tapatalk

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Playing by rules? Crack me up. She doesn't care that men do that to children. She cares about stopping the spread of the gospel and attacks all those that do it, or those that don't but let others do it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your opinion of Muhammad is exactly that found among people who attempt to judge the 6th C CE by the mores of the 21st.
No. moron. It's about right and wrong.

If that's a bit obtuse, let me be clear Muhammad almost certainly was NOT a pedophile.
You got some kind of crush on the drug addicted, murdering, sexual pervert?

If you can't see anything deranged about a grown man in his late 40's that wants a 6 year old little girl to be his wife, then you are just as deranged as he and all his deranged followers.

He was a pedophile of the worst kind --- those that claim it is not a perversion for a grown man to look upon a little girl child to be his wife, but instead try to convince the rest of the world that it's the greatest love story ever told.

Woe to them that call evil 'good'.

Muhammad (piss be upon him) was a sexually deviant pedophile that flung the door wide open for his followers to be sexually deviants as well.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All these guys trying to read Rusha's mind... and all of them failing miserably.

:popcorn:

My position on this can be seen back on the Phil Robertson threads ... the discussion about Phil advising men to seek out teenagers. Of course, then again, anyone with a working brain already knows that the FIRST determination in whether or not a male should be with a female starts with the age. Adults who seek out those who are underage are predators.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
My position on this can be seen back on the Phil Robertson threads ... the discussion about Phil advising men to seek out teenagers. Of course, then again, anyone with a working brain already knows that the FIRST determination in whether or not a male should be with a female starts with the age. Adults who seek out those who are underage are predators.

And in those threads there were Christians who referred back to the age of the Biblical Mary as justification for girls to be married.

ClimateSanity

Pretty humorous watching Crucible and ClimateSanity backing into each other in their attempt to figure out why Rusha doesn't respond to their posts. :sherlock:

:popcorn:

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. That's not wisdom for you to think about, it's the answer to crucibles question.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
No. moron. It's about right and wrong.

You got some kind of crush on the drug addicted, murdering, sexual pervert?

If you can't see anything deranged about a grown man in his late 40's that wants a 6 year old little girl to be his wife, then you are just as deranged as he and all his deranged followers.

He was a pedophile of the worst kind --- those that claim it is not a perversion for a grown man to look upon a little girl child to be his wife, but instead try to convince the rest of the world that it's the greatest love story ever told.

Woe to them that call evil 'good'.

Muhammad (piss be upon him) was a sexually deviant pedophile that flung the door wide open for his followers to be sexually deviants as well.

What I think he's saying is that you're viewing a 6th. century figure through a 21st. century lens. Of course we're appalled at the idea of child brides in our own era, but what do you think the cultures of the 6th. century and earlier thought of child brides? What of Mary in the Bible? What of the Christians on the 15-16 threads here who said girls matured sooner back then, that once they were biologically ready for child-bearing, they were prepared for marriage, and wouldn't even agree that 18 was a good dividing line? How would you compare Jewish child brides with Muslim child brides?

I'm thankful that we've gotten to the point in many places on the globe where girls aren't married off before they reach adulthood, but in developing countries who have different cultures than we do (and no, they're not all Muslim), it still happens today. I wish it wasn't so for those girls, but many Westerners tend to think of the West as being the center of the universe, and it's not. The European colonialists considered everyone who wasn't a European Christian to be a savage, and that mentality carries through in many Americans today.

rexlunae

Can you HEAR me rex? (rexlunae has had me on ignore up until recently because the truth is hard for him to handle).

I think I hurt his/her feelings.

If you can read this post I'll provide numerous examples of Christian bakers, florists, innkeepers, photographers and other businesses that were targeted by the ever so tolerant LGBTQueer movement for failing to sell out God and bow to their perversion.

That wouldn't answer my question, so I'd interpret that as avoiding it.

Now all that you have to do rex (provided you don't have me on ignore again and can read this) is show a case or two where Muslim business owners who denied sodomites service were brought up on criminal charges and/or sued in civil court.

Why would I have to do that? It's the contention of some on this thread that Muslim service providers get away with a bigotry that Christians aren't permitted. For that to be true, you'd have to uncover a pattern of behavior. You haven't found a single example. You're all just speculating about what would happen based on your persecution complexes.

For the record though, just so we're clear about it, if you're Christian, Jewish, Muslim, atheist, or anything else, you can't refuse to provide a service to someone on the basis of their sexual orientation. Period.

There won't be a case because the LGBQT community doesn't have a beef with Christians.

I know this is pretty hard for you to believe, but they just want to be treated like everybody else, and not arbitrarily excluded and humiliated because of who they are.

The theory is not kooky at all. Who did the LGBQT set their sights on? The christian community.

That's exactly backwards. The "Christian community" generally has had it out for LGBTQ people literally for as long as there have been Christians. It's only recently in the US and some other places that the political systems have started to protect LGBTQ people's rights, and their lives. This is new for a lot of Christians, but it's no different from how civil rights legislation protects people of racial, ethnic, and yes even religious minorities. But if you're privileged enough, equality feels like oppression.

There are thousands of Bakers to choose from. Why did they single out a bakery with an owner who had strong christian beliefs?

Why did a baker single out gay people for discrimination. That's a far more important question. If the baker had done what the baker was supposed to do, it never would have even been an issue.

If that isn't being held to a different standard than any other group of people, what is pray tell?

Again, it's not a double-standard unless you can actually show the other standard that some people are being held to. You cannot, so you're just speculating and expecting that the rest of us are going to feel badly about a hypothetical that hasn't even happened.

It's not paranoid nor is it a dream when it happens right before your eyes.
Again, reality is not paranoia. However, denying reality is a mental sickness.

So you do have a specific example? When or where did it happen? When was a Muslim baker allowed to practice discrimination against gay people?

They were singled out on purpose for destruction knowing what their shopped for judge would do. Now, the bakery lost in court and is likely millions in debt. Don't know what the penalty was but I'm sure I'm not far off.

It's really amazing to me that you can feel that this is unfair to you. Any of these businesses that refused service to gay people chose to do that, knowing that they were likely breaking the law. What has happened to them since is entirely their doing, just as paying restitution is the consequence of destroying your neighbor's property, and just as going to jail is the consequence of robbing a liquor store. You don't have immunity to discriminate, that was never unclear to any of these bigoted business owners, and they chose to ignore the fact.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It's actually something else, but I m not sure and if I were sure, I would keep my mouth shut. It's not a woman or even a feminist thing this time.

It's the two liberal minded women on here who do it, and no one else.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then guess what it most likely is :plain:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What I think he's saying is that you're viewing a 6th. century figure through a 21st. century lens.
No matter what century we are talking about, it is perverted for a grown man to look upon a 6 year old little girl as his bride.

And then to excuse his deviant sexual desires, he made the claim that taking this 6 year old little girl for his bride was appointed and sanctioned by his god.

Sick pervert with a sick god.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
No matter what century we are talking about, it is perverted for a grown man to look upon a 6 year old little girl as his bride.

I agree. You haven't seen anything else from me.

And then to excuse his deviant sexual desires, he made the claim that taking this 6 year old little girl for his bride was appointed and sanctioned by his god.

You only quoted my first sentence. I'd be interested to hear your response to the rest of my post.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
My position on this can be seen back on the Phil Robertson threads ... the discussion about Phil advising men to seek out teenagers...

Art Brain's mental illness is rubbing off on you Sandy. Phil Robertson worships the same God as I do, the God that would put a millstone around the neck of a child molester like the false prophet Muhammad (may pi..) and your pedophile heroes in the LGBTQ movement and caste them into the depths of the sea.

120401news2.jpg

Whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea"
Matthew 18:6

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Meh
It was probably seen as a high honor for her parents to to marry their daughter to him. You all seem to labor under the presumption that Mohammad was just some 'pervert', but it was about merging families which was a primary gambit of marriage in those times.

I think what you all perpetuate in this regard is foolish. It makes Christians look ridiculous because no matter how you rationalize it, you are, in fact, teaming your new age biases against ancient custom.