Movies and TV Shows on youtube.

john w

Hall of Fame
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwrJuukcsp9CCEtIynA7AiA/videos

This guy has a ton of episodes of Andy "Griffin". I suspect that Osvaldo is really [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION]

I take off on Carry Grant, but not Osvaldo. "Judy, Judy, Judy...."

And I suspect that "Goober Pyle," Gomer's cousin, was really "Goober Beasley," but changed it, anticipating "The Great Trib" in 1968, as Ange lost all traces of his southern "drawl," and the show went to "in living color," to avoid the "mark of the beast," which was dolled out by Howard Sprague, in his role of "County Clerk."

SaulToPaul 2

I take off on Carry Grant, but not Osvaldo. "Judy, Judy, Judy...."

And I suspect that "Goober Pyle," Gomer's cousin, was really "Goober Beasley," but changed it, anticipating "The Great Trib" in 1968, as Ange lost all traces of his southern "drawl," and the show went to "in living color," to avoid the "mark of the beast," which was dolled out by Howard Sprague, in his role of "County Clerk."

Ange did lose his drawl. Wonder what causes that?

john w

Hall of Fame
Ange did lose his drawl. Wonder what causes that?

I reckon it started when he decided he needed to impress Peg, who was used to dating the "upper echelon" city boys,who talked like city slickers, seeing that her daddy was rich.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Lesser Evil

1998 film
Drama mystery.

This is one of those stories about 4 high school friends that get caught up in a joke gone wrong (wanted to get back at some bullies) and someone ends up dead.
And they cover it up and go on with their lives.

The 4 friends:
Frank grows up to be a cop.
Ivan grows up to be a priest.
George grows up to be a lawyer.
Derek grows up to be, well, a failing hardware business owner.

20 years later, evidence was found and police are asking questions, and the 4 friends are getting nervous and worry that one of the others might spill the beans.

This is a really great movie with a LOT of moral issues, thus the name of the title.
If you watch this film, pay attention to how each one reacts and what they say.
And ask yourself at the end which one was the least evil of all the characters, dead and alive.

Here is the link straight to youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzMxKI3VM5k

And here it is embedded in this post.

And the movie poster:

MV5BNjc5NDEwNjc3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDM5Nzg4._V1_.jpg

john w

Hall of Fame

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Peter Rabbit
2018 animation movie

Movie Poster

603405-273635-34.jpg

Movie on youtube:

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Harrow

2016 movie - mystery thriller

Miller, a drifter, settles to work on a tobacco farm.
Falls in love with the owners beautiful young wife.
They have a affair secretly and Miller wants to take her far away from her abusive husband, so they wait for an opportunity to sneak away when the husband has to be gone for a few days on a job.
But the husband returns early.
She ends up brutally murdered.
A daughter that she had at a young age and left behind with her parents and never saw again shows up a few years later wanting to find out about her mother and finds Miller living in seclusion in an abandoned slaughter house where he does odd jobs like fixing things - equipment and restoring old furniture.
She want him to tell her anything she can about what her mother was like.
Miller is hesitant at first and starts to recall to the daughter his memories of her mother, Gale.
He reveals the abuse he recalls and eventually tells the daughter that they had fallen in love and were planning on running away together and how devastated he was by Gale's death.

The story then takes an unexpected twist that I did not see coming!

link to youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShRY4OFiREg

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
These are free movies that I run across on youtube.

These are not movie sites where you have to download, stream, or sign up.
These are on the youtube channel.
If you find any good ones that are worth recommending, post them.

Duress
2009 movie
Mystery, crime thriller

Richard is the father of a young girl (I think around 8-10 years old).
His wife has recently committed suicide and he is having trouble developing a close relationship with his little girl.

He stops one night at a coffee shop.
It's late and he is the only customer when another customer shows up.
The new customer whacks the coffee shop worker (the only worker on duty) and forces Richard into the back room where he takes the still alive coffee shop worker and makes Richard watch him kill the guy and then makes Richard help him wrap up and dump the body.

The killer tells Richard that in order to save his little girl, he must learn the mind of a killer.
The killer has not kidnapped the little girl, but says he can get to her at any time and can cover it up just as easily as they just covered up the crime he just committed.
He asks Richard what he was willing to do to protect his daughter.

This movie is not a blood and guts movie, so if you are expecting that you will be disappointed.
But it does show a little blood when he stabs, shoots, or strikes someone.
Richard is forced to, on occasion, watch the killer kill someone and help clean it up and dispose of the body.
But he never makes Richard do the killing.

How can he protect his daughter and how can he stop the killer from using him?

The ending is superb and has an shocking unexpected twist.
The acting, atmosphere, and cinematography is good too.
This is not some b-rated movie.

It's a good suspenseful and unnerving movie.
What can he do, what can he do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k4XyxqDxns

:think:

seems to me i got a demerit and maybe a vacation for suggesting something similar a while ago, amid cries of "theft of intellectual property!" :sibbie:

how times change, eh? :chuckle: