Most Christians sin when they pray

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Most Christians sin against Hebrews 4:16 when they pray: "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace..." The verse commands us to come boldly. But what word do we constantly hear in our churches, bible studies, prayer groups, etc? We constantly hear that annoying word, "just." "Father, we just ask this and we just ask that. "Just" is a very timid word. If you use that word when you pray, please stop.

Reactions: Lon

Right Divider

Body part
Most Christians sin against Hebrews 4:16 when they pray: "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace..." The verse commands us to come boldly. But what word do we constantly hear in our churches, bible studies, prayer groups, etc? We constantly hear that annoying word, "just." "Father, we just ask this and we just ask that. "Just" is a very timid word. If you use that word when you pray, please stop.

This is exactly the type of confusion that comes from not rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

The book TO the Hebrews has much that we can learn from, but to attempt to directly apply it to the body of Christ is totally wrong.

Heb 4:11 KJV Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
This does NOT apply to the body of Christ. We do NOT "labor to enter that rest".

clefty

Haha nice... not sure being shy or timid or having a healthy Fear of Yah is a sin...but I like what you are getting at...

maybe it is because Christians do feel as if they are NOT holy or cleansed or walking right with Him and feel a request a-bit too indulgent?

some here in TOL even get so MAD (look up mid Acts dispensarionalism) at a concern to do things properly they even argue, as Satan himself does, “oh sure I believe...I just don’t obey...all that is NOT FOR ME”

They toss out what is for us with the same spirit and attitude of a thuggish punk throwing out litter from his car. “That’s old trash...not for me”

for me my concern is that we mail our prayers to the wrong Name...

“dear god” is a title even pagans address their prayers to...

hallowed be Thy Name is quite specific and unique...

Last edited:

God's Truth

This is exactly the type of confusion that comes from not rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

The book TO the Hebrews has much that we can learn from, but to attempt to directly apply it to the body of Christ is totally wrong.

This does NOT apply to the body of Christ. We do NOT "labor to enter that rest".

The scripture says we have to believe. We have to believe that we have to obey this man called Jesus the Christ.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Just imagine the Jews believing they have to obey God, but now someone comes along and says they are the son of God and you now have to go through him, and obey him.

Jesus says if you believe and obey him then you will be saved.

Right Divider

Body part
The scripture says we have to believe. We have to believe that we have to obey this man called Jesus the Christ.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Just imagine the Jews believing they have to obey God, but now someone comes along and says they are the son of God and you now have to go through him, and obey him.

Jesus says if you believe and obey him then you will be saved.

Get saved.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus Christ saved me. I have a powerful testimony.

You say that He saved you because you were "obedient". Can you not see how self-centered that is?

Christ saved me despite the fact that I cannot perfectly obey Him. His GRACE is what saves ME... you are not saved because you want to work for your salvation. You believe that Jesus did not do it ALL. You think that you need to "pitch in".

Your "powerful testimony" is a fraud. Saved BY GRACE through FAITH is the correct answer.

You are a boaster that needs to humble yourself before God.

God's Truth

You say that He saved you because you were "obedient". Can you not see how self-centered that is?

So according to you it is wrong to do what Jesus says?

Christ saved me despite the fact that I cannot perfectly obey Him.

If you sin then you are to repent of it and work it out and train yourself. Did you ask Jesus for help?

His GRACE is what saves ME...
Grace is that we don't don't have to do all the purification works just to go to the temple were God's Spirit was.

Grace is that Jesus washes us and we become the temple.

Grace doesn't mean no one has to obey God, or that we only have to have faith, or any other way you want to spin it.
you are not saved because you want to work for your salvation.

Jesus saved me because I did what he says to do. It was light and easy and not burdensome.

You believe that Jesus did not do it ALL. You think that you need to "pitch in".

Jesus does it all on his own, and he says he does it for those who believe and obey him.

Your "powerful testimony" is a fraud.

I have a powerful testimony of when I was saved.
Saved BY GRACE through FAITH is the correct answer.

We have to have faith that what Jesus tells us is true.
You are a boaster that needs to humble yourself before God.

If I had not obeyed and humbled myself, Jesus wouldn't have saved me.

Right Divider

Body part
So according to you it is wrong to do what Jesus says?
Why do you ALWAYS try to LIE about what I say?

That is EVIL!

We SHOULD ALWAYS obey Jesus.... but nobody does that perfectly. That is why we NEED His GRACE to be saved.

Get a Bible and read all about it.

Eph 2:8-9 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Reactions: Lon

clefty

We SHOULD ALWAYS obey Jesus.... but nobody does that perfectly. That is why we NEED His GRACE to be saved.

there ya go!...that's wut I'm talkin' 'bout!!...HalleluYah

It's a gift...made for man...like so many other things...sadly rejected...this planet...life...women...prayer...hmmm what else?

God's Truth

Why do you ALWAYS try to LIE about what I say?

That is EVIL!

I don't lie.

We SHOULD ALWAYS obey Jesus....

That is right, and he says he saves those who believes and obeys him.

but nobody does that perfectly. That is why we NEED His GRACE to be saved.

Grace isn't about you not obeying perfectly.

Grace goes to those WHO REPENT OF THEIR SINS AND BELIEVE JESUS' BLOOD WASHES them away and for you to call on him.

I have given you scriptures for years showing you that Jesus says what to do to be the one he saves, but you go against it.

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

Right Divider

Body part
I don't lie.
Yes, you do... all the time.

That is right, and he says he saves those who believes and obeys him.
Nope... BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH... and that NOT OF YOURSELVES... it is THE GIFT OF GOD.

I have given you scriptures for years showing you that Jesus says what to do to be the one he saves, but you go against it.

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.
You ALWAYS revert BACK to a CIRCUMCISION apostle.... Paul is the apostle that preached the gospel of the GRACE OF GOD.

The other apostle barely even mention grace. It's missing completely from Matthew and Mark. Christ is not recorded in the "gospels" as ever even using the word.

Paul uses the word GRACE 91 times!

Paul is also the only person in scripture to talk about the gospel of the grace of God.

If you cannot see the different.... you are blind.

God's Truth

Yes, you do... all the time.

Nope... BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH... and that NOT OF YOURSELVES... it is THE GIFT OF GOD.

The works of the law no one has to do anymore are the PURIFICATION WORKS.

You don't have to do these works:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

Purification is not done by the person anymore.

Jesus does the purifying now.

Jesus purifies those he chooses to purify, and he chooses those who come to him in faith and REPENTANCE OF SINS.

You ALWAYS revert BACK to a CIRCUMCISION apostle.... Paul is the apostle that preached the gospel of the GRACE OF GOD.

Paul was circumcised too.

The other apostle barely even mention grace. It's missing completely from Matthew and Mark. Christ is not recorded in the "gospels" as ever even using the word.

Jesus was full of grace and came with grace, and that was spoken about in the "gospels", but you belittle it.

Paul uses the word GRACE 91 times!

Paul is also the only person in scripture to talk about the gospel of the grace of God.

If you cannot see the different.... you are blind.

Paul has more writings than anyone---so no doubt he mentioned grace so much more, AND, you would think you would understand it since he spoke of it so much, but you don't.

Bradley D

"…For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who was tempted in every way that we are, yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need" (Hewbrews 4:15-16).

The word boldly can also mean confidence. Not confidence in my self or bold, but confidence in verse 15 that I have a High Priest, Lord Jesus Christ, in heaven who I can prayer who understands my weaknesses. A blessing.

confidence,
παρρησίας (parrēsias)
Noun - Genitive Feminine Singular
Strong's Greek 3954: From pas and a derivative of rheo; all out-spokenness, i.e. Frankness, bluntness, publicity; by implication, assurance.

Right Divider

Body part
You keep saying that, but that's NOT what the Bible says.

You are truly dense. My point was that Paul is NOT one of the TWELVE apostles that will sit on TWELVE thrones judging the TWELVE tribes of Israel.

He is DIFFERENT. He is the SINGULAR apostle to which God gave revelation about the body of Christ and His gospel of grace.

Jesus was full of grace and came with grace, and that was spoken about in the "gospels", but you belittle it.
No I don't "belittle it", you habitual LIAR.

Paul has more writings than anyone---so no doubt he mentioned grace so much more, AND, you would think you would understand it since he spoke of it so much, but you don't.
Please explain how Matthew and Mark can write about "Jesus, full of grace" and never once use the word GRACE.

If the message was IDENTICAL... how can this very important word be COMPLETELY MISSING from those two books?

God's Truth

You keep saying that, but that's NOT what the Bible says.

You are truly dense. My point was that Paul is NOT one of the TWELVE apostles that will sit on TWELVE thrones judging the TWELVE tribes of Israel.

He is DIFFERENT. He is the SINGULAR apostle to which God gave revelation about the body of Christ and His gospel of grace.

No I don't "belittle it", you habitual LIAR.

Please explain how Matthew and Mark can write about "Jesus, full of grace" and never once use the word GRACE.

If the message was IDENTICAL... how can this very important word be COMPLETELY MISSING from those two books?

Jesus IS grace. When Jesus came---IT WAS GRACE.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

The Bible says NOT OF WORKS.

There's no clarifier on that phrase that would indicate anything other than works, period.

There's no clarifier on that phrase that would indicate that it's only talking about specific works.

Yes, according to the law. But he says to no longer circumcise.

Jesus said nothing about grace. He never even uttered the word until Paul.

Why can't you comprehend that?

Paul has more writings than anyone

Paul wrote 13 epistles. There are 27 books in the New Testament.

That means that he wrote LESS THAN HALF of the New Testament.

so no doubt he mentioned grace so much more,

Except that He wrote less than 50% of the New Testament, yet has FAR MORE than half of the number of words, out of 128 times (yes, I counted) that the word "grace" is used, 91 of those are from Paul.

That means, that the ratio of 13:14 of the number of Paul's epistles verses other books in the New Testament does NOT match the 91:37 ratio (nearly three times as many) of the number of times Paul mentioned grace verses the other authors mentioning grace.

Which means that RD is right. Paul wrote about grace FAR MORE than other authors, statistically speaking, more than they did, and there's a reason for that, it's not just coincidence.

Would you like a comparison of the words recorded by Paul versus other authors like "law," "commandment," "command," etc.?

AND, you would think you would understand it since he spoke of it so much, but you don't.

We do. You don't, clearly.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus IS grace. When Jesus came---IT WAS GRACE.

When Jesus came it was under the Law of Moses. And He never uttered the word Grace (until after Paul's conversion), and as RD is pointing out, Matthew and Mark never even used the word "grace," so how could His coming be about grace if two of the authors never even mention it?

Last edited: