Mods, why was The Barbarian banned?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Exactly. In forums that are run fairly, right-wing Christianity does extremely poorly.

I don't believe there is a forum that everyone would agree is *fair*. They are all biased ... it's just a matter of whether or not one agrees with the bias OR enjoys the forum enough to overlook it.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Christians should be judging those who claim to be inside the church, do you read your bible at all?

You claim to be christian, but talk like you don't know what the bible even says.

Judging and beratement/insulting are not the same things. And it obviously doesn't spread the message in a way that will bring a new person into the church. That is supposed to be the point.

Look at Jose's view of Christians. He's far from alone in his feelings, as fundamentalists have a nasty habit of being hostile to those who aren't like them, thus driving away anyone and everyone who isn't their clone.

That's not the Christian church I want to be a part of. And luckily for me, fundies aren't a majority anymore.

Jose Fly

I don't believe there is a forum that everyone would agree is *fair*. They are all biased ... it's just a matter of whether or not one agrees with the bias OR enjoys the forum enough to overlook it.

Oh, I've been a member of a few forums that were run fairly. But as I explained, the result was that because right-wing Christianity didn't fare well in such an environment, all its advocates left and eventually the forums became boring (for lack of opposing views) and closed.

That's the dilemma. Run it fairly and it will likely kill the forum. Run it unfairly and.....well, you get this place, which doesn't exactly give a positive impression of Christianity.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No they don't. They flock together where they won't be bothered with uncomfortable questions. That's not sucking it up. That's hiding from what scares you

Im not afraid of you or anything you say. You just want a cheap excuse for things to be like you want them here.

Why do you stay if you dont like it?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've seen some of the most hateful, horrible things said here about gays, atheists, and other groups.

:yawn:

It is nothing like what goes on in other forums. TOL is an oasis in a sea of vulgarity and hatred.

If any of us — myself included — were to act on TOL as the average poster on another forum does, they would be permabanned.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Not sure what's gotten you so worked up, since as I keep saying, I'm not complaining. I understand the dilemma management here faces.

Telling you to suck it up is "worked up" :rotfl:

Now im really worked up:

picture.php

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

a few folks seem really upset about the rest but again comes
more good points from you, common sense - :idea:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Look at Jose's view of Christians. He's far from alone in his feelings, as fundamentalists have a nasty habit of being hostile to those who aren't like them, thus driving away anyone and everyone who isn't their clone.

That's not the Christian church I want to be a part of. And luckily for me, fundies aren't a majority anymore.

I don't care what Jose thinks. Its just an excuse, not one of you will stand before God and have it fly " well God i didnt like how this person or that person acted so.... and i didnt like that you really meant what you said so... "

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:yawn:

It is nothing like what goes on in other forums. TOL is an oasis in a sea of vulgarity and hatred.

If any of us — myself included — were to act on TOL as the average poster on another forum does, they would be permabanned.

true, i guess. i don't go to any other forums or chatting. maybe 20 tweets and i still don't know what i'm doing, no reddit. one friend (not really) on fb. but i have heard and seen things from those and i believe it.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why don't you think TOL gives a positive impression of Christianity?

Do you think TOL gives an accurate impression of Christianity?
He thinks Christians should be nice, that they should ignore his idiocy.

The truth is, Christians are supposed to be in opposition to the general trends of the world.

Jose is headed to hell and likes it that way, so he is opposed to people who stand in the way of his downward spiral.

His passive-aggressive demeanor — aptly demonstrated in this thread — is a good example.

Jose Fly

Why don't you think TOL gives a positive impression of Christianity?

Too much hatred of groups like gays, atheists, liberals, and pretty much anyone who's not on the right-wing Christian team.

But like I said, if that's what management here wants, I'm perfectly fine with it.

Do you think TOL gives an accurate impression of Christianity?

Right-wing Christianity....yes.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh, I've been a member of a few forums that were run fairly. But as I explained, the result was that because right-wing Christianity didn't fare well in such an environment, all its advocates left and eventually the forums became boring (for lack of opposing views) and closed.

That's the dilemma. Run it fairly and it will likely kill the forum. Run it unfairly and.....well, you get this place, which doesn't exactly give a positive impression of Christianity.

As a non Christian, I tend to receive more hostility on non-religious forums as compared to TOL.

Insofar as impressions, I judge people based on their views and treatments of others. Religion does not factor in at all.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As a non Christian, I tend to receive more hostility on non-religious forums as compared to TOL.

That's because other sites will turn a blind eye to swearing, threats and vile talk. While Jose likes to think those things go on here, he is lying to compare what goes on elsewhere with the restrained discourse that must be adhered to on TOL. He does not agree with the ideas of people, so he calls them hateful, but if those very people were to speak as is commonplace on the Web elsewhere, they would be banned.

What he needs to do is toughen up. :up: