BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Romney said he would appoint judges like:

Scalia
Thomas
Alito
Roberts

And also keep parts of Obamacare which would kill private insurance companies, thus requiring the government to take over all healthcare.

From Bryan Fischer's article:

The time to hold Romney's feet to the fire is now

"Yesterday, Mitt Romney sent shudders through the base by saying that there are parts of ObamaCare he likes and intends to preserve.

One of these is the Perpetual Adolescence provision, that by government mandate keeps children on their parents' health insurance policy until long after they should be launched into a life of adult independence. Gov. Romney apparently intends to make things even worse by letting kids stay on their parents' plan until their parents pass from this mortal coil.

A second and far more alarming admission on the governor's part is that he wants to preserve the ban on health insurance companies considering pre-existing conditions. This "guaranteed issue" provision will mean the end of private health insurance. Period.

This requirement would mandate that all insurance companies issue policies to anyone who applies no matter what existing health complications they may have. This means unlimited liability for insurance companies, since they have no idea who will walk in the door next with an existing medical condition that would require hundreds of thousands of dollars or even millions in surgical, hospitalization and treatment costs.

The premiums companies would have to charge would be so high that no one would be able to afford them, and private health insurance companies would simply go out of business. And then no one would have access to health insurance at all. How is that compassionate in any way, shape, or form?

This is no different than mandating that auto insurance companies be underwrite everybody who walks in the door, no matter what shape their car is in, even if they have just wrapped it around a tree. Just as there would be no reason to take out auto insurance until you needed a new car, so no one would have reason to purchase health insurance until he got really, really sick and was facing health costs of staggering proportions.

Who would be left then to provide health insurance? Why, the government of course, and the government alone. Thus Mitt Romney could wind up being the president who gave us single payer, government-run health insurance by driving every private insurer out of business or into bankruptcy..."
http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/fischer/120911

bucksplasher

There is a "time" to keep politics and religion separate and one of those times is when equality as far as economy is involved.

Gays have a "right" to equality in the workforce. If sexual harassment laws go both ways I really shouldn't know who's straight and who's gay. tWINs

PS Marriage should stay marriage and civil union stay civil union.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is a "time" to keep politics and religion separate and one of those times is when equality as far as economy is involved.

Gays have a "right" to equality in the workforce. If sexual harassment laws go both ways I really shouldn't know who's straight and who's gay. tWINs

You're terribly misguided on this one bs.

bucksplasher

You're terribly misguided on this one bs.

The "Kingdom of Heaven" is above our heads and only intercepts during Mass when God comes down, or in the human tabernacle of our hearts with the Holy Spirit, who tells us we must treat those who are not of "this kingdom" fairly. tWINs

bucksplasher

Seriously? Do you think that God has the same opinion? God wants us to only be a Christian some of the time.

Yes...at his time before Pilate he said as much and in his tribute to Cesar and God. tWINs

PS Otherwise we'd be Jehovah Witnesses and stay out of the political world completely.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame

Uh...no, not at all. And you seem to be violating your own principle by insisting marriage/marriage, civil union/civil union.

The point you seem to be trying to make is that religious belief should be kept out of politics when those beliefs are unjust, unfair or just plain wrong. Would you agree with that? Because, if so, then whether or not they're religious beliefs is irrelevant, innit? It's whether or not they're right. And that's something our government intentionally leaves up to the individual to determine precisely because it cannot be trusted to make that determination itself.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The "Kingdom of Heaven" is above our heads and only intercepts during Mass when God comes down, or in the human tabernacle of our hearts with the Holy Spirit, who tells us we must treat those who are not of "this kingdom" fairly. tWINs

To keep my response in perspective, I'll copy and paste what you posted earlier:

"Gays have a "right" to equality in the workforce. If sexual harassment laws go both ways I really shouldn't know who's straight and who's gay. tWINs"

Homosexuality is a CHANGEABLE behavior that had been condemned by cultures and their laws throughout the history of western civilization, because it was seen as a perversion.

By giving special protection to someone whose behavior is CHANGEABLE, you are only acknowledging that perversion is a legitimate lifestyle and worthy of special protection.

How ENDA replaces workplace freedom, Part 2

"...Now slated to move forward rapidly in the House Judiciary Committee, ENDA clearly states that it will grant special rights to homosexuals and transsexuals in businesses which employ 15 or more people. Today, most Americans are hired or fired at their employer's discretion, without a legal right to demand a government investigation of the reason. But under ENDA, homosexuals will join specially favored groups (such as blacks, Jews, Latinos, women and Muslims) who are empowered by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to demand why they were fired or not hired. If bias against them "because of who they are" is suspected, charges can be filed and result in fines and even a year in prison.

Only select groups can demand federal prosecution of employers who discriminate against them; thus, the left-out majority of Americans are victims of federal discrimination. A qualified white man who is refused employment or fired by a biased female business owner will probably receive no return phone calls from the local district attorney or visits from sympathetic federal agents. Like the federal hate crimes bill now proceeding to the President's signature, ENDA violates the 14th Amendment of the Constitution which forbids unequal treatment. It elevates homosexuals to special status and protection. If ENDA is passed, every Christian business owner with 15 or more employees will have to hire qualified homosexuals. They cannot be fired for any reason having to do with their homosexuality or display of homosexual characteristics or mannerisms on the job..."
http://rense.com/general87/enda.htm

WizardofOz

"A “homosexualist” is an individual of either gender, who may or may not be a sodomite or a lesbian, but who does what he or she can to advance homosexuality."

Was Ryan a "homosexualist" when he voted in favor of ENDA? It does "advance homosexualiy", does it not?

You're being alaCarte again (the only way you know).

Nice avatar by the way; with as many masks as you wear here on TOL, it's more than appropriate.

What masks?

Oh, you're lying and bearing false witness again. :devil:

Provide evidence or stop making false claims against me.

» Online Users: 429
46 members and 383 guests
WizardofOz, beloved57, bucksplasher, Buzzword, CabinetMaker, Cam, champdefrene, chickenman, Cricket, Cross Reference, Daedalean's_Sun, Dan Emanuel, DAN P, dave3712, Doormat, Frayed Knot, freelight+, HisServant, Inzl Kett, Knight, lightbringer+, LKmommy, noguru+, oldhermit, PureX, Random, Robert Pate, Rusha+, Saved.One.by.Grace, Selaphiel, sesseltheologe, Shubee, SilenceInMotion, Silent Hunter, Spitfire, StopSpamming, Stripe, student x, Tambora, The Barbarian, The Berean, TomO+, Town Heretic+, Vaquero45, Wile E. Coyote, zoo22+

You're delusional. Really.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Yes...at his time before Pilate he said as much and in his tribute to Cesar and God. tWINs

PS Otherwise we'd be Jehovah Witnesses and stay out of the political world completely.

What in the world are you talking about? God said that there are places in our lives that should not be governed by His standards? There are places in our lives that we should leave God out? There are places in our lives where being Christian is the wrong thing to be?

So odd.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Was Ryan a "homosexualist" when he voted in favor of ENDA? It does "advance homosexualiy", does it not?

You're being alaCarte again (the only way you know).

One misguided vote doesn't negate all of the pro life/pro traditional family legislation he's supported.

What masks?

Oh, you're lying and bearing false witness again. :devil:

Provide evidence or stop making false claims against me.

» Online Users: 429
46 members and 383 guests
WizardofOz, beloved57, bucksplasher, Buzzword, CabinetMaker, Cam, champdefrene, chickenman, Cricket, Cross Reference, Daedalean's_Sun, Dan Emanuel, DAN P, dave3712, Doormat, Frayed Knot, freelight+, HisServant, Inzl Kett, Knight, lightbringer+, LKmommy, noguru+, oldhermit, PureX, Random, Robert Pate, Rusha+, Saved.One.by.Grace, Selaphiel, sesseltheologe, Shubee, SilenceInMotion, Silent Hunter, Spitfire, StopSpamming, Stripe, student x, Tambora, The Barbarian, The Berean, TomO+, Town Heretic+, Vaquero45, Wile E. Coyote, zoo22+

You're delusional. Really.

LOL...you go to so much effort to try and prove me wrong Ralphie. Again, pure speculation. I marvel at you having the will power to not once post in the "Why homosexuality MUST be recriminalized!" thread. No interest?

WizardofOz

One misguided vote doesn't negate all of the pro life/pro traditional family legislation he's supported.

Anyone observing may note that you did not answer the question.

Was Ryan a "homosexualist" when he voted in favor of ENDA? It does "advance homosexuality", does it not?

I am not asking about "all of the pro life/pro traditional family legislation he's supported". I am asking about ENDA.

This is kind of like you accusing me and others of being a "homosexualist" based on......not much or nothing at all, depending. :think:

It's the alacarte in you. Rather, it's just you.

LOL...you go to so much effort to try and prove me wrong Ralphie.

Yeah, I think cutting and pasting the users currently online took all of about 10 seconds. So much effort.

It does prove you wrong though, so time to stop the false witnessing, perhaps?

Again, pure speculation. I marvel at you having the will power to not once post in the "Why homosexuality MUST be recriminalized!" thread. No interest?
:yawn:
None at all. You're just recycling the same garbage I and others have debunked time and time again.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Was Ryan a "homosexualist" when he voted in favor of ENDA? It does "advance homosexuality", does it not?

Perhaps I was wrong. While the 3 other homosexualists that I speculated very well might be you are truly misguided individuals, they are not anal retentive. I can honestly say that I've never met anyone like you before, and that's a good thing.

WizardofOz

Perhaps I was wrong.
About a great many things. But, at least you have coceded the possibility. You've taken a big step on the long road of recovery.

While the 3 other homosexualists that I speculated very well might be you are truly misguided individuals, they are not anal retentive. I can honestly say that I've never met anyone like you before, and that's a good thing.

You just think not answering questions is acceptable and then make lame, deflective "comebacks" like the above when you obviously really have no answer.

Another good reason not to engage your lame thread. You don't debate, you rant on your soapbox, bear false witness and run whenever confronted with tough questions; ones that bring light to your double-standards, hypocricy and general cowardice. Oh, and cutting and pasting from biased sources. You're the king of that. Or should I say queen? ;)

Just ignore me if you can't answer simple questions. :chicken:

Was Ryan a "homosexualist" when he voted in favor of ENDA? It does "advance homosexuality", does it not? You made up the word. At least be consistent in its application, alacart.

ThePresbyteers

“The number of children who are born subsequent to a first abortion with handicaps has increased dramatically. Why? Because when you abort the first born of any, nature takes its vengeance on the subsequent children,” said Marshall.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Perhaps I was wrong [about you having at least 3 other online personalities].

About a great many things. But, at least you have coceded the possibility. You've taken a big step on the long road of recovery.

I realize that you and I have been at odds for sometime now. How about as a peace offering, I pay for your first visit to a top notch psychiatrist?

Doing what I can for my fellow man, that's how I roll.

WizardofOz

Does anyone else find this odd that Wizard of Oz, who has no interest, i.e. "None at all" in the "Why homosexuality MUST be recriminalized" thread, would post a complaint about improper conduct, hence defending someone that I "speculated" was one of his other online personalities?

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3209686&postcount=1

Hmmmmmmm...

I read all of voltaire's posts, no matter what thread they're in ;).

Did you think his post was appropriate?

Again, I feel that the casual observer will "find odd" the way you deflect and squirm, rather than answer a simple question about a politician you support and a pet term that you use incessantly.

Again, Was Ryan a "homosexualist" when he voted in favor of ENDA?

WizardofOz

crickets+chirping.jpg

And there you have it folks. If there was ever any doubt, aCW is a complete waste of time.