Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

The purpose of the law in the old dispensation !2

The purpose of the law in the old dispensation !2

Continuing with the thought of the last post :

In fact, all whom Christ has died for, which are all whom God provided a Saviour for, He will make and cause them to feel their need for Him as with this publican, and in due time Christ will be revealed to them in Spirit given Faith, and hence, the Law was an Schoolmaster to bring them to Faith in Christ Gal 3:24

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

The Spirit given on the day of pentecost began His convicting work upon the world of God's Elect Israel, convicting all of them of the Need of their Saviour that God had provided for them exclusivley, Jesus mentions that here Jn 16:8-9

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Notice that word reprove in Vs 8 it is the greek word elegchō and means:

I.
to convict, refute, confute
A.
generally with a suggestion of shame of the person convicted

B.
by conviction to bring to the light, to expose

II.
to find fault with, correct
A.
by word

i.
to reprehend severely, chide, admonish, reprove

ii.
to call to account, show one his fault, demand an explanation

B.
by deed
i.
to chasten, to punish

In fact its the same word used in Heb 12 of the sons of God Heb 12:5

5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

Which is taken from Prov 3:11-12

11 My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord; neither be weary of his correction:

12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Also lets look at Rev 3:19

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Yes that word rebuke is the very same exact word reprove in Jn 16:8

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

The world in Jn 16:8 is no doubt the World of His Sons that He Loves and chastens Heb 12:5-6 also the world of Jn 3:16 !

And this chastening, correcting and reproving or rebuking of them is done by a Spiritual Application in the Hands of the Spirit of God's Law, showing them consiously their sinfulness, creating in them their need of their Saviour already provided for them in the Lord Jesus Christ ! This is also what Ps 94:12 teaches us Ps 94:12

12 Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O Lord, and teachest him out of thy law;

Thats when and how the Law has become a schoolmaster to Faith in Christ Gal 3:24

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

They are blessed because in the Hands of the Spirit the Law was made a schoolmaster unto them unto Faith in the Messiah !

beloved57

The purpose of the law in the old dispensation !3

The purpose of the law in the old dispensation !3

Also connected with these things are Jesus words Jn 6:45

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Taught of God how ? Remember Ps 94:12

12 Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O Lord, and teachest him out of thy law;

Those who are by an Spiritual Application of God's Law are taught their sinfulness, comes to Christ Jn 6:44, thats what being Taught out of the law results in when the Law is used Lawfully in the hands of God ! Paul said 1 Tim 1:8

8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

Which means when that man is an instrument in the Hands of God and God uses his preaching of the Law unto Gospel and Christ honoring purposes !

God can use the Law while in the Hands of the Spirit to spank the Sons of God unto submission of Faith in Christ Rom 10:3

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Thats why Jesus said the Spirit shall reprove them because Jn 16:8-9

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

So now listen, there is no such thing as an sinner for whom Christ died, not ever coming to want and desire Salvation and Righteousness, and at the Time they do [after the Spirit reproves them] then Christ shall be revealed to them in the Gospel, for that is the Purpose of the Law in the Divine Purpose of Election to Salvation !

beloved57

Has fully obeyed Law for us !

Has fully obeyed Law for us !

Rom 2:13

For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Now t word Justified in Rom 2:13 and the word Righteous in Rom 5:19 they are the same greek word, one is an verb e other an adjective.

Now in Rom 2:13 its the verb dikaioō and means:

I.
to render righteous or such he ought to be

II.
to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered

III.
to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be

In Rom 5:19 its the adjective dikaios and means:

I.righteous, observing divine laws
A.
in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God
i.
of those who seem to themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves in their virtues, whether real or imagined

ii.
innocent, faultless, guiltless

iii.
used of him whose way of thinking, feeling, and acting is wholly conformed to the will of God, and who therefore needs no rectification in the heart or life
a.
only Christ truly

iv.
approved of or acceptable of God

B.
in a narrower sense, rendering to each his due and that in a judicial sense, passing just judgment on others, whether expressed in words or shown by the manner of dealing with them

The doers of the Law shall be Justified BEFORE GOD !

Rom 2:13

(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

All for whom Christ died have nothing to fear in the day of Judgment, for they have fully obeyed God's Law for Eternal Life, no not in themselves, but in and through the Lord Jesus Christ, for that is what Rom 5:19 tells us ! Now understand this ; Just as one mans disobedience [Adam] The many whom he represented[his offspring], were made sinners, and this before they were born and had a physical being of their own, and so it is by the Obedience of One [ Jesus Christ] shall the many be made Righteous / Justified and it is these that shall inherit Eternal Life, the Kingdom Matt 13:43

Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

beloved57

Has fully obeyed Law for us ! 2

Has fully obeyed Law for us ! 2

Now as Adam when he disobeyed God Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

It was the disobedience of all his offspring/generations in him so Paul writes Rom 5:12, So likewise as Christ did obey the Law of God, for remember He was made under the Law Gal 4:4

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

And He was obedient unto death Phil 2:8

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

The Law of His God in His heart Ps 40:8

I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Now as He obeyed the Law of God in all things, All His Offspring, Generations in Him, Just as in Adam, have obeyed God's Law in all things, Yes God has approved of them as having obeyed His Law in Christ !

beloved57

Has fully obeyed Law for us ! 3

Has fully obeyed Law for us ! 3

Now that Christ has accomplished all this for us by His Obedience, and it becoming ours [if He represented us] God does not and cannot reckon us among the disobedient as here Eph 2:2

Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Eph 5:6

Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Col 3:6

For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

Also Christ's Righteousness is imputed to us as a Free Gift of Grace, and God considers us as though we never sinned, now that's the Good News of the Gospel. In the Everlasting Covenant of Grace, God did purpose our fall and sin from creature uprightness in Adam, He had also purposed that His Son's obedience and Righteousness should become ours , hence predestinated to be conformed into His Image Rom 8:28-30.

Now understand this, All for whom Christ died, which are God's Elect, enter into this physical life as sinners like all others, Yet as far as God is concerned, and unknown and concealed from them, God reckons them as having fully obeyed His Law, being Justified before Him, and Heirs of His Eternal Kingdom with full right to enter into Life Eternal because of Christ !

beloved57

Spiritual life precedes Spiritual activity !

Spiritual life precedes Spiritual activity !

Spiritual life precedes Spiritual activity ! That men must first have spiritual life before they can believe on Christ or appropriate Him , its seen here when we consider Jn 6:53

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Now the opposite or antithesis would be if ye eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink His Blood, Ye do have Live in you !

Receiving the Gospel of Jesus Christ is liken unto receiving food, or eating, in fact Jesus indicates that Preaching the Gospel is feeding of the Lambs and Sheep of Him. He told Peter once Jn 21:15

So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

They begin with the milk portions of the Gospel as new born babes 1 Pet 2:2

Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,

2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

The milk of the word is repentance according to the writer of Hebrews, observe Heb 5:12-14

12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Now Look at Heb 6:1-2

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Repentance toward God and Faith towards Christ as Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Now who can deny that both Faith and Repentance toward God and Christ , which are foundational Gospel commands, who can deny that they are identified as the Milk of the Word, which is to New Born Babes !

This proves that the Gospel activities of both Faith and Repentance are directed to those who have been born anew, new born babes ! Life therefore must precede life activities !

Now obedience to these Gospel commands of Faith in Christ, appropriating Him is indicative of having Life in them, and not appropriating Him by Faith is because as Jesus stated Jn 6:53

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

beloved57

Being carnal minded and in the flesh !

Being carnal minded and in the flesh !

Rom 8:7-9

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Being carnal minded and in the flesh , Know this, this is the actual state of all men without exception BY NATURE, we by nature are in the flesh and so as men yet carnal and walk that way 1 Cor 3:3

3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Friends, that's the only way men by nature can walk, carnally ! That's only natural, and what does Paul write about the carnal mind under inspiration of God, Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Its enmity against God and not subject to the Law of God, and cannot be ! Law of God here is very broad, its not merely the Law because there is no definite article in the original it merely reads:

διότι τὸ φρόνημα τῆς σαρκὸς ἔχθρα εἰς θεόν τῷ γὰρ νόμῳ τοῦ θεοῦ οὐχ ὑποτάσσεται οὐδὲ γὰρ δύναται

And so nomos means :

I.anything established, anything received by usage, a custom, a law, a commandA.
of any law whatsoever
i.
a law or rule producing a state approved of God
a.
by the observance of which is approved of God

ii.
a precept or injunction

iii.
the rule of action prescribed by reason

B.
of the Mosaic law, and referring, acc. to the context. either to the volume of the law or to its contents

C.
the Christian religion: the law demanding faith, the moral instruction given by Christ, esp. the precept concerning love

D.
the name of the more important part (the Pentateuch), is put for the entire collection of the sacred books of the OT

It means therefore the command of God

The carnal mind is not and cannot be subject to the command of God, therefore it cannot be subject or obedient to God Himself, nor any of His commands, So he cannot have Faith in God Heb 11:6, neither can he obey His command to repent Acts 17:30

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

The carnal mind, the natural man in the flesh cannot obey that Command of God ! So that command gives the natural man no hope !

Believing on Christ is a Command of God 1 Jn 3:23

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Again, the carnal man, in the flesh, unregenerate CANNOT obey that command, so it leaves him without hope ! If any unregenerate man or woman can obey God's Command to believe on Christ 1 Jn 3:23; Acts 16:31 or His Command to Repent Acts 17:30 then Rom 8:7-8 is a lie and the whole scripture has lost all credibility !

beloved57

The Prince of Life !

The Prince of Life !

Acts 3:15

15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

The word Prince here is the greek word ἀρχηγός and means:

originator, author, founder, prince, leader

This means that He is the Author of Life, and that He is the Author of the Life of our Salvation !

In fact the same word is translated Captain here Heb 2:10

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

This could very well read :

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the author of their salvation perfect through sufferings. ASV

He in fact authored our salvation through His sufferings, or death ! All the He tasted death for in Vs 9, He by that Death / Suffering became the Author of their Salvation ! This verse does a lot of damage to the false teaching that Christ's death in and of itself does not save those He died for, but it did ! This verse coincides with 1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Yes, By His stripes and or Suffering, He brought about or authored our Salvation and experience of it !

He is the Author of our spiritual life, or the originator of it, unto all whom He died and paid their sin debt in full, by which death for them was defeated, abolished, they have no death sentence due now to Gods Law and Justice, and by their sin debt being vanquished by His death, He becomes to them the Prince or Author of a New Life for them 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

That word quickening zōopoieō means:

I.
to produce alive, begat or bear living young

II.
to cause to live, make alive, give life
A.
by spiritual power to arouse and invigorate

B.
to restore to life

C.
to give increase of life: thus of physical life

D.
of the spirit, quickening as respects the spirit, endued with new and greater powers of life

It can read :

45 So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

So By that He is the Prince and or Author of Life Acts 3:15 and Salvation Life Heb 2:10 !

beloved57

What is the Gift of God ?

What is the Gift of God ?

Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

What is the Gift of God through our Lord Jesus Christ ? Its a Gift for those Christ died for, and it cancels out the death deserved by means of our sin 'The wages of sin " and it conversely grants us an entitlement to Eternal Life !

By entitlement is meant , they have been granted the right from God to have it, its something conferred upon them ! It has been freely given them, and that without repentance Rom 11:29

29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. We are called to Eternal Life because of it 1 Tim 6:12

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Therefore because of all this, their entitlement to it, they must come to experience eternal life in this world, during their lifetime, and that is just as certain as they came to experience spiritual death as the wages of sin !

The Gift of God through Jesus Christ, spontaneously for each of them abolishes death 2 Tim 1:10

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Note: If Jesus Christ died for us, He is Our Saviour because by His death He abolished the wages of sin which is death for us !

That word abolished means, its the greek word katargeō:

I.
to render idle, unemployed, inactivate, inoperative
A.
to cause a person or thing to have no further efficiency

B.
to deprive of force, influence, power

II.
to cause to cease, put an end to, do away with, annul, abolish
A.
to cease, to pass away, be done away

B.
to be severed from, separated from, discharged from, loosed from any one

C.
to terminate all intercourse with one

Hence, because of His death abolishing death for them, all consequences of death for sin must be terminated, brought to an end, discharged from, deprived of power, influence !

beloved57

What is the Gift of God ? 2

What is the Gift of God ? 2

Now the followers of antichrist doeth corrupt the Truth of this Gift of God, Eternal Life through Jesus Christ, suggesting that the Gift is a mere offer, and cannot be actual unless man by his own freewill decides to accept the Gift offered , and that you are not entitled to it as yours until you make an effort to accept it, however that is not the Truth as it is in Christ Jesus, for they need no more to accept the Gift as they did need to accept the wages of sin, death !

The fact is, for those Christ has died for, the Gift of God has already been applied to them and to their account, for even while they are ungodly, enemies, rejecting God and in unbelief, for even then, because of the Gift of God, they are still reconciled to God, received into His Favour, and they are free from all condemnation and wrath, while others in the same state of unbelief and enmity against God are already condemned Jn 3:18 and under God's wrath Jn 3:36.

Now therefore this proves that the Gift of God is theirs and has already had its Eternal Benefits applied to their case, and this without them accepting any offer, which again is a lie and deception of the antichrist forces.

The fact is, If Christ has died for us, that automatically means we have Eternal Life applied to us, and death abolished for us, a Gift through Him Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The Gift has been applied without them accepting it, just as their death was applied without them accepting it !

beloved57

Has fully obeyed Law for us ! 4

Has fully obeyed Law for us ! 4

What unbelievers dont understand is that, The Lord Jesus Christ, when He came to this earth to Live and die, in living He did render a Perfect God Honoring obedience to God's Law, so much so, the scripture says in Isa 42:21

21 The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

But it was not for Himself, but for them He came to make a propitiation for their sins 1 Jn 4:10, and that Perfect unspotted obedience to God's Law, for remember He was heared because He feared and obeyed Heb 5:7, and this Perfect unspotted obedience to God's Law, as a Free Gift, has been reckoned to the account of everyone He died for, or obeyed for, so that they have been made Righteous, which entails :

Rom 5:19

That word righteous is the greek word dikaios :

I.righteous, observing divine laws
A.
in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God
i.
of those who seem to themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves in their virtues, whether real or imagined

ii.
innocent, faultless, guiltless

iii.
used of him whose way of thinking, feeling, and acting is wholly conformed to the will of God, and who therefore needs no rectification in the heart or life
a.
only Christ truly

iv.
approved of or acceptable of God

B.
in a narrower sense, rendering to each his due and that in a judicial sense, passing just judgment on others, whether expressed in words or shown by the manner of dealing with them

As a Free Gift, God reckons all for whom Christ by His One obedience, made Righteous, He recokons them as having kept all His Commands, unspotted, so that they stand 100% approved and accepted of Him ! Its as though they had renedered that Perfect spotless obedience themselves and now reside in Glory !

This Truth can only be received by God given Faith, the natural man cannot believe this !

oatmeal

oat

Do you understand the post you quoted of mine ? Please rehearse with me the points I made with scripture whether you agree or not !

I have read and reread those verses many a time.

The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

For the Christian in the past or present who has died or will die before the events of I Thessalonians 4:13-18 come to pass, death has not been destroyed, but shall be overcome with the gathering together of the Christian believers.

That is God's promise

beloved57

I have read and reread those verses many a time.

The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

For the Christian in the past or present who has died or will die before the events of I Thessalonians 4:13-18 come to pass, death has not been destroyed, but shall be overcome with the gathering together of the Christian believers.

That is God's promise

Please explain back to me all my points made in the previous posts [Has fully obeyed the Law], even though you may disagree with them ! Thanks !

beloved57

oatmeal

For the Christian in the past or present who has died or will die before the events of I Thessalonians 4:13-18 come to pass, death has not been destroyed

You lack faith in God's word, death for them Christ died for has been abolished 2 Tim 1:10

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

That word abolished katargeō means:

I.
to render idle, unemployed, inactivate, inoperative
A.
to cause a person or thing to have no further efficiency

B.
to deprive of force, influence, power

II.
to cause to cease, put an end to, do away with, annul, abolish
A.
to cease, to pass away, be done away

B.
to be severed from, separated from, discharged from, loosed from any one

C.
to terminate all intercourse with one

Also in the greek its in the aorist tense, hath abolished death, past tense !:

The aorist tense is characterized by its emphasis on punctiliar action; that is, the concept of the verb is considered without regard for past, present, or future time. There is no direct or clear English equivalent for this tense, though it is generally rendered as a simple past tense in most translations.

The events described by the aorist tense are classified into a number of categories by grammarians. The most common of these include a view of the action as having begun from a certain point ("inceptive aorist"), or having ended at a certain point ("cumulative aorist"), or merely existing at a certain point ("punctiliar aorist"). The categorization of other cases can be found in Greek reference grammars.

The English reader need not concern himself with most of these finer points concerning the aorist tense, since in most cases they cannot be rendered accurately in English translation, being fine points of Greek exegesis only. The common practice of rendering an aorist by a simple English past tense should suffice in most cases.
http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=2Ti&c=1&t=KJV#s=t_conc_1126010

Now, true physical death still occurs for the ones Christ died, but not as an consequence of their sin, but as a Gateway to Glory and into His Presecnce as Paul indicates of himself in the prospect of physical death 2 Cor 5:6,8

Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we[Believers] are at home in the body, we[Believers] are absent from the Lord:

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body[by physical death], and to be present with the Lord.

Death is a precious thing in the sight of the Lord to His Saints Ps 116:15

Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.

I believe this is so because they will then begin to enjoy more precious fellowship in His Presence !

Also, even physical death will one day show to have benefited from the Death of Christ abolishing death, when those who He died for shall not taste of death and are alive at His Coming , This be a Mystery 1 Cor 15:51-52

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep [die physically], but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Now I hope you save this post for future reference. I did this even though you refuse to do what i asked !

So your statement :

For the Christian in the past or present who has died or will die before the events of I Thessalonians 4:13-18 come to pass, death has not been destroyed

Thats erroneous ! It contradicts 2 Tim 1:10

beloved57

More on the purpose of the Law !

More on the purpose of the Law !

Rom 3:20

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

The Law in the purpose of God served to give the elect a True Knowledge of Sin. Paul once wrote Rom 7:7

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

You see that ? The Law in the Hands of the Spirit, it was a schoolmaster to bring elect sinners to Faith in Christ as it taught them the True Nature of sin. The Law in the skilfull Hands of the Spirit kept them [The elect remnant] with a experiential knowledge of their innate sinfulness and their ultimate need for Christ their Saviour. Also for this cause the Law was called the ministration of death and condemnation 2 Cor 3:7-9

But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

In other words, the Law working in conjunction with and by the Spirit of God, was a painful reminder of our deserved condemnation which fell upon Christ in our behalf Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

The Law in that sense makes us fit to see and desire the Need of Our Saviour, He that bore that condemnation upon Himself that was our due !

Thats why the Law of Command was given to Adam, that it would show him his need of the Seed of the Women ! The Saviour of the World !

beloved57

More on the purpose of the Law ! 2

More on the purpose of the Law ! 2

Again, we have shown how that the Law of God served as a primary purpose in bringing His Elect People unto Faith in Christ or so that they might be Justified by Faith ! Rom 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

The word knowledge here means:

I.precise and correct knowledge

A.used in the NT of the knowledge of things ethical and divine

Paul said this Rom 7:7

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Paul acknowledges here that until the Law was spiritually applied to him by the Spirit he would not have known his deadful sinful state, for remember before conversion Paul thought quite highly of himself in the matters of religion Phil 3:4-6

4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Paul did not know during that time he was a filthy covetous man before God in the flesh !

But now example of how God uses the Law to bring His elect to faith in Christ is seen here in Jn 3:14-15

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

The fiery serpents serve as the law of God, for as the serpents are called fiery, so is the Law observe Deut 33:2

2 And he said, The Lord came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them.

Numbers 21:6-9

6 And the Lord sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.

7 Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the Lord, and against thee; pray unto the Lord, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people.

8 And the Lord said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.

9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

Now observe, the Lord had sent the fiery serpents among the people and many of them died as a result.

But God knew what He was doing, He always has a small remnant that He bestows Mercy upon, those sinners that He withheld Mercy from died by the Fiery Law, but for the Chosen remnant, God used the firey Law / serpents for a Purpose of Mercy, that when anyone of that remnant was bitten by the Law, they were to look to the brazen Serpent upon the pole and they shall live, the brazen Serpent was a Type of Christ. See God had reserved them from the non elect jews , by which they were condemned to death by the Law, but the remnant was spared that the Law for them caused them to Look to Christ, to Live ! This is the point I believe of Jn 3:14-16. God in His Purpose causes those believing to believe ! Its as it has been written Jn 6:44-45

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

God teaches His elect Children out of His Law to flee to Christ Ps 94:12

Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O Lord, and teachest him out of thy law;

And He chasteneth all His Sons He Loves Heb 12:6-9

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

beloved57

The Fruit of the Gift of God !

The Fruit of the Gift of God !

Now I have explained that all for whom Christ has died, even while they are being enemies and unbelievers, that as a Free Gift of God Rom 6:23, they do have Eternal Life, that is the abolishment of death for sin for them, through the Lord Jesus Christ their Saviour, His Work in their behalf, however in due time, they do experience also as Fruit of that Gift of God through Christ, the impartation of Spiritual Life, or Quickening from the dead [spiritually] or New Birth, that is through Christ the Spirit will renew them with Spiritual Life out of Christ because He is their risen Head after dying for their sins and abolishing death for them, even natural spiritual death 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

He is this to them that as The Fruit of the Gift of God, this Quickening to Spiritual Life is how each one receives the Gift of Eternal Life experimentally, and the abundance of Grace Rom 5:17

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which [U]receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness [/U]shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ)

Hence by this they are capacitated to receive the Spiritual Light and Knowledge of the Gospel that is sent them or they are delivered to Rom 6:17

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

This verse can be rendered as the person being delivered unto the Doctrine. Here are some translations:

But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.NKJV

But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance.NIV

But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed,ESV

But thanks be to God, that, whereas ye were servants of sin, ye became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching whereunto ye were delivered;

The overwhelming ideal here is that God brought them under the sound of the Gospel for their hearing and obedience to the Faith !

Rom 16:26

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Thats another fruit of the Gift of God, obedience of Faith !

beloved57

Is God unfair in reprobation ?

Is God unfair in reprobation ?

Is God unfair in reprobation of some and showing Mercy to others without consideration of their deeds and or actions, or works ? Those whom He chooses to show mercy are equally or more deserving of reprobation and wrath, however He chose for them, from the exclusion of the others to show them mercy, hence Vessels of Mercy Rom 9:23

And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Now understand, God is not Unjust or Unfair in His unmerciful severity in His dealings with the non elect, or the vessels of wrath Rom 9:22

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

For none will suffer as vessels of wrath, their eternal/everlasting destruction save but for their sins. God did not arbitrairly create them and just punish them with eternal destruction for nothing, but they fitted themselves for it by their sins, their evil doings ! Rom 2:3-8

3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

beloved57

Is God unfair in reprobation ? 2

Is God unfair in reprobation ? 2

Now does God have a Right to act in a Merciful and forgiving way to some of mankind, which are equally if not worse sinners than the ones He has chosen to withhold His Mercy and continue them in a manner that fits them for destruction ? If we object and say, NO that is not fair, then we object to God being Free and Sovereign and object to His right to bestow Mercy upon whomsover He will or Pleases, which is nothing short of an Attack upon His Own Glory as God ! Lets recall His communication with Moses when Moses the man of God asked to show him His Glory ! Ex 33:17-19

17 And the Lord said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.

18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.

19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. CP Rom 9:14-16

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

In Ex 33:19 God said in this, He is proclaiming the Name of the Lord !

beloved57

Is God unfair in reprobation ? 3

Is God unfair in reprobation ? 3

Yes God's Glory is adjoined to His Sovereign Right to act in a way of Mercy toward sinners, but only discriminately and How it pleases Him, which entails that He will bestow it on some who are not deserving of it, did nothing to deserve it, but did all that would deserve Judgment and wrath, and He withholds it from some who are equally as sinful and deserving of condemnation and wrath.

Neither is this God being a respect of person since His bestowment of mery on a person or persons is not based upon their ethnicity/race, their sex or age, neither their geographical location, nor their social status, nor any inward graces or good qualities as their will [ Rom 9:16], for all such considerations would then make God a respector of persons indeed. For God reckons all men by nature as ungodly Rom 5:6

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

That word ungodly asebēs means:

I.destitute of reverential awe towards God, condemning God, impious

We by nature are destitute of any fear of God [The True God] Rom 3:18

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Now for Rom 5:6 to be true "Christ died for the ungodly" then Rom 3:18 must be True, none fear God !

This is the inward spiritual condition of all men by nature, no exceptions. Now God is not unjust in withholding His Mercy from them and fit them for their destiny of destruction ! If we complain that God is unfair or unjust for withholding Mercy from some, then we are saying that men are deserving of Mercy, which thinking is totally unscriptural !