Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

All sinners Christ died for, that God Loved Per Rom 5:6-8

6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Now all these sinners That Jesus Christ, the One I serve, by His Death ALONE, they have been before God, Justified from all sin, they have been completely absolved from all guilt, and penalty, the woeful sentence of death, and stand fully acquitted at the bar of God's Law and Justice, and this solely on the Merits of Christ's Death.

But there is more, for Christ as the sinners Federal Head, He wrought on their behalf, He wrought out a Righteousness, and He has [on their behalf] rendered for them a Perfect Obedience to God's Law, and for them has fulfilled all Righteousness. Remember this passage Ps 40:7-8

7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Heb 10:7-10

7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The will He done while made under the Law, and His Complete Obedience to God under it, it was not for Himself as a Private Person, but it was in the names of all for whom He died, His Holy Perfect Obedience unto God has been reckoned by God ,legally theirs, hence they are made the Righteousness of God in Him, meaning, they are as Righteous as God would have them to be in perfect conformity to His Law ! And Yes this True of them before they believe a thing !

beloved57

The righteousness of God without the law !

The righteousness of God without the law !

Rom 3:21-22

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

The Law and the Prophets testified to, witnesses of the Imputed Righteousness of Christ, for the People of God. The Righteousness of God without the Law [of our doing ] witnessed by the Law [types and shadows] and the Prophets. Now what Paul means by the Prophets are testimonies such as these Isa 54:17

17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.

Jer 33:16

16 In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The Lord our righteousness.

They knew it to be connected with the Work of the Messiah Dan 9:24-26

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

David alluded to it here Ps 32:1-2

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

For when Paul quotes David here in Romans 4, He writes under inspiration of God Rom 4:6-8

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

So this is no new Doctrine, it was witnessed long agaon by the Law and the Prophets, that Righteousness of God without the Law 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

And this is that Righteousness revealed in the Gospel of God to the Elect Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

That's the same Righteousness of God witnessed by the Law and Prophets centuries before Rom 3:21-22

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

beloved57

Heirs of the World !

Heirs of the World !

Rom 4:13

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

This promise is to Abraham and his seed, no not the physical nation of Israel or ethnic Israel according to the flesh, for it is clear from scripture that they shall not be heirs Gal 4:30

30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman

You see Ishmael and his mother hagar in this sacred passage does denote national ethnic Israel, clear from Gal 4:24-25

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. That would be the children of the flesh as here does Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: = national ethnic Israel !

BUT it is Abraham's Seed through Faith in Christ, who is Abraham's Seed Gal 3:16,29

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The Heirs spoken of here Rom 4:13

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Which by the way is the Church, Yes Abraham's Seed is the Church, the Body of Christ , which Christ Abraham's Seed is the Head of, and so the Church is Joint Heirs with Abraham's Seed Christ Rom 8:17

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Joint Heirs with Christ, who is Abraham's Seed Gal 3:16

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Notice in Vs 17 If Children [of God] then Heirs, and joint heirs with Christ !

National ethnic Israel according to the flesh are not the children, clear from Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God [Heirs]: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

The Children of the Promise are the Heirs, which Children is the Church, which the promise to her is 1 Cor 3:21-23

21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's;

22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's;

23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

Notice the Promise to the Church, the Body of Christ "For all things are your's"

This is huge and speaks to the confirmation of their Joint Heirship with Christ, the Seed of Abraham.

For instance, the Promise here to Abraham and his Seed Gen 17:8

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

And Christ is God's and the Church is Christ's, So the Land of Caanan for an Everlasting Possession belongs to the Church, for it belongs to the things to come in 1 Cor 3:22

22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's;

But the reason why it belongs to them in the First Place is because they're the Seed of Abraham it was Promised to, its fulfilled through Christ, the Seed of Abraham, and the Head of His Body the Church; Now who dares take Christ out of the equation of the Promise here Gen 17:8

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

If we do, we make Paul's Testimony here false 2 Cor 1:20

20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Now is Gen 17:8 a Promise of God ? Yes or No ?

beloved57

Does not charge with sin !

Does not charge with sin !

Rom 8:33

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

God's Elect are not by God charged with sin, that's indicated here ! Also those whom God does not charge or impute sin, He in turn or in exchange does impute or charge them with Righteousness Rom 4:6-8

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

The reason why God does not charge His Elect with sin is because He their sins to Christ, and in turn He charges Christ's Righteousness to them 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

That's the exchange, Our Sins [if we are of the elect] charged to Christ, and Christ's Righteousness charged to us [If we are of the Elect]

So if Christ died for our sins as Per 1 Cor 15:3, they had to be charged to Him 2 Cor 5:21 and if so, then we have to be charged [concordantly] with His Righteousness !

So, by the Obedience of One, speaking of His Obedience unto death after having been imputed with their sins, the many shall be made Righteous Rom 5:19b

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Everyone Christ died for are automatically born Righteous before God, even though in themselves they are born sinners and dead in trespasses and sins ; Because no sins have been charged to them, they were charged to Christ already !

Nanja

beloved
Everyone Christ died for are automatically born Righteous before God, even though in themselves they are born sinners and dead in trespasses and sins ; Because no sins have been charged to them, they were charged to Christ already !

TY for declaring this important Truth.

Even while God's Elect are dead in sin and living an ungodly lifestyle,
they were made righteous by The Lamb's Death for them.

Rom. 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Eph. 2:3-5 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh,
fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith He loved us, Even when we were dead in sins,
hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Titus 3:7 That being justified by His grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

Even while God's Elect are dead in sin and living an ungodly lifestyle,
they were made righteous by The Lamb's Death for them.

Yes, that's Grace abounding to many Rom 5:15

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

beloved57

Abraham and Seed Heir of the World !

Abraham and Seed Heir of the World !

Rom 4:13-14

14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

When did God make Abraham and his Seed the promise to be the Heir of the World as stated in Vs 13 ?

It was specifically here Gen 17:7-8

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

Or the word possession can be rendered inheritance

As like here Gal 3:18

For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Now one may object to the " the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; "

That that is the World spoken of in Rom 4:13

But the objection is fruitless because the World there is the same as the possession of Canaan everlastingly, we know its True because Paul interprets it that way right before us, He being under the guidance of the Spirit of God who inspired both passages !

Now the reason for this is because, the promise takes into account not merely Abraham's physical seed, but His Spiritual Seed amongest all Nations which he was made a Father of Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

The world is comprised of many different nations, not just one ! So consequently their Inheritance is not merely a piece of physical real estate over in the middle east, but the whole entire earth, the world is the Inheritance for Abraham and his Seed.

Lets look at scriptures like Ps 37:9

9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.

In the Day of Judgment at the Second Coming it is written Rev 11:15

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Dan 7:18,22

But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

Again Matt 5:5

5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Yes this is the Inheritance spoken of here Gal 3:18

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

And here Rom 4:13

Also the same Promise is stated here Heb 11:8-9

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

So the Promise was always to Abraham and His Seed according to the Righteousness of Faith, through New Birth Rom 4:13

Thats a Spiritual seed, national israel according to the flesh had no Faith ! Deut 32:20

And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.

It was always a Promise to his Spiritual Seed through Christ, even though it had a temporal and typical fulfillment in his emere physical seed as stated here Joshua 23:14

And, behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth: and ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, that not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the Lord your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof.

However that was not the actual and original promise, that he received by Faith Heb 11:8

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

That belonged to him and his seed here Rom 4:13

beloved57

The Sons of God by Faith in Christ !

The Sons of God by Faith in Christ !

Gal 3:26

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

All the Sons of God, whom God so Loved 1 Jn 3:1 shall come to Faith in Christ as an evidence of God's Love to them, and as Evidence that they Son's of God by Creation in Adam because of their Election in Christ before the foundation of the world !

Adam is identified as the Son of God here Lk 3:38

38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Adam was a Son of God because we know this Gen 1:26

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

A Son bears the Image and Likeness of His Father, in principle Heb 1:2-3

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Now because Adam was a Son of God at Creation,he was the Federal Head and Represenative of them [The Sons of God] specifically, and scripture tells us that they are the confirmed Sons of God by Faith in Christ Jesus, Gal 3:26

So that being the case, to make it evident that Adam was the Federal Head of and a Son of God himself, he had to be brought to Faith in Christ Jesus.

For this purpose Adam as the Federal Head of the Sons of God was given the Law of God Gen 2:15-17

15 And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Now what was the Purpose of giving Adam the Law ? Paul tells us here Gal 3:24-26

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

The Law in the Garden that God gave to Adam was for the Purpose of being a schoolmaster to bring him to Faith in Christ Jesus ! That He would be Justified by Faith !

Thats why as soon as Adam had sinned, God revealed to him Christ the Messiah in whom he should look to for Justification and Righteousness Gen 3:14-15

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

At that time, Adam and Eve were brought to Faith in Christ Jesus, confirming that they were Sons of God at Creation Lk 3:38

38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

And all throughout mankind who are brought to Faith in Christ Jesus, they are confirmed to have been originally in Adam in the beginning here Lk 3:38

And here Gen 1:26

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Its Our conformity to Christ through Redemption that the Sons of God are confirmed as such Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

This predestination brings the Sons of God to Faith in Christ Jesus !

beloved57

The Saints are to Judge the World !

The Saints are to Judge the World !

1 Cor 6:1-3

1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?

2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

This passage and scripture is very revealing to those who have been given eyes to see from the Lord. This scripture for one shows that this World was Created for a Redemptive Purpose in Christ Jesus and that sin was to be Judged !

All the Saints shall Judge the World in Union with Christ, their Surety Head and Husband, and Christ their Head was appointed to this before the World Began, To Judge the World in Righteousness Acts 17:31

31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Now when did God ordain this Word to be Done by the God/ Man Mediator 1 Tim 2:5

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

The English Word for Mediator does carry with it the idea of also being a Judge !

So does the greek word Mesites:

one who intervenes between two, either in order to make or restore peace and friendship, or form a compact, or for ratifying a covenant
a medium of communication, arbitrator

An arbitrator is a type of Judge !

beloved57

The Saints are to Judge the World ! 2

The Saints are to Judge the World ! 2

The Lord Jesus Christ's appointment to be Judge of the World in Righteousness Per Acts 17:31 was we believe at the time the Father appointed Him a Kingdom, for we read here Lk 22:29

29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

And this Kingdom is the same one here 2 Tim 4:1

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

So thats what Acts 17:31 refers to, that Day which He shall Judge the World in Righteousness, its at the appearing and Kingdom of His !

Now this also refers back to 1 Cor 6:2

2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

Now when will the Saints Judge the World ? Its here when Christ returns and Judges the World as Per Acts 17:31 and 2 Tim 4:1 which is the Kingdom appointed to Christ Lk 22:29.

Now this Kingdom we are told was prepared for the Saints from the foundation of the World Matt 25:34

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand [Saints of 1 Cor 6:2], Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

It was prepared FOR THEM in their Union with Christ Jesus, by which they shall Judge the World 1 Cor 6:2, and also in that Union with Him they shall Judge the Angels 1 Cor 6:3

3 Know ye not that we[The Saints] shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Which Angels are spoken of here Matt 25:41

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Also that word angels means messengers, The devil's messengers which I believe implies as well the devils evil ministers 2 Cor 11:14-15

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

They are his ambassadors which are messengers authorized by him, in the same vein as the ambassadors of Christ are authorized messengers for Him !

Now again, In Union with Christ at His Right Hand they [The Saints/ Sheep] shall Judge Angels !

The Saints Appointment to this Honour in Christ was prior to their being and standing in Adam at the beginning of time as given in the Genesis Narrative in Gen 1-2 , and their stand in Adam was much inferior to what Hounour God had appointed them to in Christ, for it was never Adam's appointment as it was Christ's to Judge the World in Righteousness as Per Acts 17:31

31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

For Adam was never God as Christ was and is ! So this appointment of the Saints here in 1 Cor 6:2-3 to Judge the World and Angels, does argue their Election Union with Christ and in Christ before the Foundation Eph 1:4,1

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

These are the Saints, thats also told us in Vs 1

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Which are the same Saints as in 1 Cor 6:2-3

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

The difference only being that they were the Saints in Ephesus and these in Corinth !

beloved57

Christ's Superior Priesthood than Levi !

Christ's Superior Priesthood than Levi !

Heb 7:17

17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

The Superior Priesthood of Jesus Christ over that which constituted Abraham's physical seed israel, of the tribe of levi !

The notion that God would reestablish an old order and a inferior one to that of His Blessed Son is absurd and even Blasphemy, when we consider all the Light the NT scripture has provided, even the bare knowledge of the letter of scripture confirms the levitical priesthood as much inferior than that of Jesus Christ, See Heb 7 for it is very enlightening in this regard and we will look at some of the verses therein !

Now in it we see were that levitical priesthood, according to Abraham's physical descendants, in that Abraham himslf their proginatir, recognized that in this man had a very special relationship with God, whereas he was moved to give him a tithe of his war spoils Heb 7:1-11

1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;

2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;

3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.

5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.

8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

Also for more background read Gen 14:1-24 !

beloved57

Christ's Superior Priesthood than Levi 2

Christ's Superior Priesthood than Levi 2

Now in Heb 7:4

4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.

It informs us of the Greatness of this Man over Abraham, so much so that Abraham, the proginator of the physical ethnic nation of israel, he gave tithes to Him Vs 5-9

5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

God is here driving home the point that the levitical priesthood was far inferior, though it did receive tithes from the people according to the mosaic economy, from their brethren according to the flesh; However Melchizadek did not have that physical connection with Abraham and the tribe of levi, and He received tithes from them, and this indicated from God, a far more Superior Priesthood that can come out of the loins of Abraham according to the flesh, In fact Abraham the lesser [and all his physical descendants in him] were blessed by the Greater Melchizadek Vs 7

So why would God revert back to something lesser ?

Samie

b57,

Still nothing in response to this question?:

Do you know why names written in the book of life may yet be blotted out?

beloved57

Christ's Superior Priesthood than Levi 3

Christ's Superior Priesthood than Levi 3

Now there is a Adumbration here that the physical descendants of Abraham and that priesthood is of a far less consideration in the Spiritual things of God, in that it is stated of Melchizadek Heb 7:3

3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

So He foreshadowed a Priesthood that was brought forth from Eternity Prov 8:22,23,31

22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

We believe Wisdom here is the Lord Jesus Christ brought forth in His Mediator Offices wherein He was anointed into His Offices of Propeht , King and Priest. The words set up in Vs 23 are the hebrew word Nacak and means:

to pour out, pour, offer, cast (Qal) to pour out
to cast metal images
to anoint (a king)

(Niphal) to be anointed
(Piel) to pour out (as a libation)
(Hiphil) to pour out libations

(Hophal) to be poured out

to set, install (Qal) to install
(Niphal) to be installed

The being poured out as a libation denotes an Offering, which hints to His agreement to Offer Himself as the Lamb to be slain for the sins of God's People in the Everlasting Covenant, He was the Anointed King as well as being installed into the Office of Prophet !

All this was before the foundation of the World, to include His Priesthood whereby He delighted in the Sons of Men, set up as their Mediator between them and God !

And This Priesthood remains continually in behalf of them, whereas the levi preisthood was merely temporal, and the priests thereof would die off and needed to be replaced Heb 7:22-24

22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:

24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

Notice also that Christ's Priesthood after the order of Melchizadek also denoted His Suretyship Vs 22

This Priesthood is not based upon fleshly considerations as is the levi priesthood which is inferior to that of Melchizadek, in fact, He was an Canaanite King more than likely !

In Christ and His Priesthood there is not jew or gentile Gal 3:28

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Racial and sexual barriers do not exist as God's Chosen People !

Eph 2:14-15

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

His Name even shows how much superior considerations are in effect over the fleshly priesthood of levi,

For His Name by Translation is King of Righteousness, Which Christ is the King, the Lord God Our Righteousness Jer 23:5-6

5 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, The Lord Our Righteousness.

1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Also He is King of Salem, that is King of Peace, for He is Our Peace with God Col 1:20

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Eph 2:14

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

And that which His Kingdom is characterized with Rom 14:17

17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Reverting back to the levitical priesthood and its offerings is a denial and repudiation of all the above !

beloved57

Walking in God's Commandments blameless !

Walking in God's Commandments blameless !

Lk 1:6

6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Now how is this done ? Its done by the Gift of Faith, its walking by what has been revealed or made known to God given Faith; and that is that Christ the Messiah is our Righteousness and blamelessness before God, for that is what answers the Purpose of our Election in Him Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame[blameless] before him in love:

Thats the Faith given to Abraham's Seed Gen 17:1

And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

The ESV :

When Abram was ninety-nine years old the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless,

Understand something, Abraham is not given here a choice, but its an causative command from the Almighty, for Abraham is going to walk before Him and be perfect and blameless because God said it !

Lk 1:6 Its the same keeping of the Commandments of God as described here Rev 14:12

12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Our Keeping the Commandments of God is actually the Faitfulness of Christ having kept them for us and God imputing it to us, if indeed He died for us, for it is written Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience[His Life and Death] of one shall many be made righteous.

We, that He died for, are by His obedience made Righteous, the word Righteous in the greek being dikaioi and does mean :

A.in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God

In fact its the same word righteous used in Lk 1:6

6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

They were part of the Many that was made Righteous by the Obedience of Christ Rom 5:19 !

beloved57

Walking in God's Commandments blameless ! 2

Walking in God's Commandments blameless ! 2

And so its done [walking in God's commandments without blame] by walking in the Truth that has been revealed to us by the Spirit and the Gospel, its walking by Faith or according to the Spirit Rom 8:1-4

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

To walk after the Spirit is the same as walking by Faith, because Faith is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22 and Truth is received by that Fruit !

2 Jn 1:4

I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.

So those in Lk 1:6 were nothing short of Gospel Believers, trusting in what Christ the Messiah would accomplish by His death. for remember that Zacharias, the man in Lk 1:6 says this later in verses 69-75

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

Vs 75, he was already walking in that promise in Lk 1:6 ! Also compare Lk 1:75 with Eph 4:24

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Do you notice any similarities ? How about the Holiness and Righteousness ?

Now herein lies the big and crucial difference, those who truly walk in the commandments of God in a blameless manner are looking outside of themselves to Christ and His Imputed Righteousness making them that way before God's sight, but those who walk after the flesh and their ungodly lusts, are looking within themselves to walk before God keeping His Commandments without blame, Some are trusting in Christ, the others in the flesh, and this is the difference in walking in the Spirit and in walking in the flesh !

Jer 17:5

Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.

beloved57

Did Adam have Faith before he sinned ?

Did Adam have Faith before he sinned ?

Did Adam have Faith before he sinned ? The answer is absolutely not ! Here are several reasons why. The Purpose of the Law given to Adam was to be a schoolmaster to Faith in Christ Gal 3:23-26

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

But first Adam must sin in order to be Justified by Faith and become an evident Child of God !

Secondly, Faith cometh by Hearing, Hearing the Word of Christ Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Adam had to hear about the redeeming mission of Christ before he had Faith, this was after he sinned Gen 3:13-15

13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Thirdly, Faith is a fruit of the Spirit, of Spiritual New Birth Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

So in order for Adam to have had Faith before he sinned, he would have to have been Spiritual New Creation before he sinned, which is impossible to fathom, since we as sinners now need to be born of the Spirit in order to have Faith, for we did not fall from a being born again state in Adam !

So we conclude that Adam was not born again before he sinned and therefore did not have the fruit/Gift of Faith !

beloved57

Vital Salvation is Certain !

Vital Salvation is Certain !

Those whom Christ died for and rose again, their vital Salvation is most certain, this is true because, even though they are born into this world as spiritually dead sinners as the rest of mankind, and are BY NAURE children of wrath [worthy of wrath] as others, nevertheless even then they are already seated in the Heavenly Places in Christ Jesus Eph 2:6

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

This is a fact even before they believe, their believing, repenting, or any other Gospel Obedience had nothing to do with it !

However it is this fact that makes it certain and imperative that they shall be quickened vitally or made alive by Christ 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. or Life giving Spirit !

45 So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.ASV

This Life giving is a communication of that Resurrected Life they share with their Head and Saviour, their Captain of their Salvation, its a Life they had already Legally Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

They had it legally as they sit together with Him in the Heavenlies, but He also makes them partake of it vitally while on Earth, and this is most certain to happen because of the Legal position they have in Christ already at the Right Hand of God, having had all their sins purged Heb 1:3

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

And all for whom He died and rose legally sat down together with Him at the Right Hand of the Majesty on High, even having not yet been born sinners dead in trespasses and sins yet !

beloved57

They shall all know the True God !

They shall all know the True God !

They shall all know the True God and Jesus Christ whom thou has sent Jn 17:3

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

All for whom Christ died, which were all the Father gave Him Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Not to offer or give Eternal Life to all mankind without exception, but to give it specifically to as many as the Father hast given Him, so He gave the as many for the Purpose of them coming into a Saving and Spiritual Knowledge of the True God by Christ.

That must be the result of the Blood of the Covenant that was shed for them Matt 26:28 and Heb 8:11

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Christ said of those He was giving His Life for Jn 10:14

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Christ is the Mediator of these things Heb 8:6

6 But now hath he[Christ the Shepherd of the Sheep] obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

One of the better promises that He must mediate to all for whom He died, is that they shall Heb 8:11

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

This is connected with the statement in Jn 17:2-3

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

And this king of Knowing equates to Eternal Life Jn 17:3 !