Milk Understanding

MennoSota

LOL,

I said
Is this part of Gods Word?

[1Ti 2:11-14
11 Let a woman learn in silence with all submission.
12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.

Do you just pick and choose which verses you want to obey. Let me show you another one. If you don't keep them verses, you will be a liar, and the truth is not in you.

[1Jo 2:4
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

LOL,

I said
Is this part of Gods Word?

12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.

Do you just pick and choose which verses you want to obey. Let me show you another one. If you don't keep them verses, you will be a liar, and the truth is not in you.

4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

I love God's word:
1 Timothy 2:1-15
[1]I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.
[2]Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity.
[3]This is good and pleases God our Savior,
[4]who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.
[5]For,There is one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus.
[6]He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone.This is the message God gave to the world at just the right time.
[7]And I have been chosen as a preacher and apostle to teach the Gentiles this message about faith and truth. I’m not exaggerating—just telling the truth.
[8]In every place of worship, I want men to pray with holy hands lifted up to God, free from anger and controversy.
[9]And I want women to be modest in their appearance. They should wear decent and appropriate clothing and not draw attention to themselves by the way they fix their hair or by wearing gold or pearls or expensive clothes.
[10]For women who claim to be devoted to God should make themselves attractive by the good things they do.
[11]Women should learn quietly and submissively.
[12]I do not let women teach men or have authority over them. Let them listen quietly.
[13]For God made Adam first, and afterward he made Eve.
[14]And it was not Adam who was deceived by Satan. The woman was deceived, and sin was the result.
[15]But women will be saved through childbearing, assuming they continue to live in faith, love, holiness, and modesty.
1 Timothy 3:1-16
[1]This is a trustworthy saying: “If someone aspires to be an elder, he desires an honorable position.”
[2]So an elder must be a man whose life is above reproach. He must be faithful to his wife. He must exercise self-control, live wisely, and have a good reputation. He must enjoy having guests in his home, and he must be able to teach.
[3]He must not be a heavy drinker or be violent. He must be gentle, not quarrelsome, and not love money.
[4]He must manage his own family well, having children who respect and obey him.
[5]For if a man cannot manage his own household, how can he take care of God’s church?
[6]An elder must not be a new believer, because he might become proud, and the devil would cause him to fall.
[7]Also, people outside the church must speak well of him so that he will not be disgraced and fall into the devil’s trap.
[8]In the same way, deacons must be well respected and have integrity. They must not be heavy drinkers or dishonest with money.
[9]They must be committed to the mystery of the faith now revealed and must live with a clear conscience.
[10]Before they are appointed as deacons, let them be closely examined. If they pass the test, then let them serve as deacons.
[11]In the same way, their wives must be respected and must not slander others. They must exercise self-control and be faithful in everything they do.
[12]A deacon must be faithful to his wife, and he must manage his children and household well.
[13]Those who do well as deacons will be rewarded with respect from others and will have increased confidence in their faith in Christ Jesus.
[14]I am writing these things to you now, even though I hope to be with you soon,
[15]so that if I am delayed, you will know how people must conduct themselves in the household of God. This is the church of the living God, which is the pillar and foundation of the truth.
[16]Without question, this is the great mystery of our faith: Christ was revealed in a human body and vindicated by the Spirit. He was seen by angels and announced to the nations. He was believed in throughout the world and taken to heaven in glory.
1 Timothy 4:1-11
[1]Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons.
[2]These people are hypocrites and liars, and their consciences are dead.
[3]They will say it is wrong to be married and wrong to eat certain foods. But God created those foods to be eaten with thanks by faithful people who know the truth.
[4]Since everything God created is good, we should not reject any of it but receive it with thanks.
[5]For we know it is made acceptable by the word of God and prayer.
[6]If you explain these things to the brothers and sisters, Timothy, you will be a worthy servant of Christ Jesus, one who is nourished by the message of faith and the good teaching you have followed.
[7]Do not waste time arguing over godless ideas and old wives’ tales. Instead, train yourself to be godly.
[8]“Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.”
[9]This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it.
[10]This is why we work hard and continue to struggle, for our hope is in the living God, who is the Savior of all people and particularly of all believers.
[11]Teach these things and insist that everyone learn them.
Enjoy God's word, squeaky.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I said
I do enjoy it. All of it, even this part.

If you only keep parts of it instead of all of it. Its not going to do you any good.

[Rom 2:21-24
21 You, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that a man should not steal, do you steal?
22 You who say, "Do not commit adultery," do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?
23 You who make your boast in the law, do you dishonor God through breaking the law?
24 For "the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you," as it is written.

MennoSota

I said
I do enjoy it. All of it, even this part.

If you only keep parts of it instead of all of it. Its not going to do you any good.

[Rom 2:21-24
21 You, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that a man should not steal, do you steal?
22 You who say, "Do not commit adultery," do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?
23 You who make your boast in the law, do you dishonor God through breaking the law?
24 For "the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you," as it is written.
Yep, God's word is perfect. It is sharper than any two edged sword.
I notice, however, that you have picked the verses you like. Do you read all of the Bible or just parts?

MennoSota

I said
A true born again Christian never picks the verses. The Holy Spirit picks them and they pass it on. I never run from any verses. Or try to change the subject. I am forthwith, do you know what that means?

Verse for that comment please.
The term "born again" is only used in John 3 when Nicodemus makes inquiry of Jesus.
John 3:1-21
[1]There was a man named Nicodemus, a Jewish religious leader who was a Pharisee.
[2]After dark one evening, he came to speak with Jesus. “Rabbi,” he said, “we all know that God has sent you to teach us. Your miraculous signs are evidence that God is with you.”
[3]Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”
[4]“What do you mean?” exclaimed Nicodemus. “How can an old man go back into his mother’s womb and be born again?”
[5]Jesus replied, “I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit.
[6]Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life.
[7]So don’t be surprised when I say, ‘You must be born again.’
[8]The wind blows wherever it wants. Just as you can hear the wind but can’t tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can’t explain how people are born of the Spirit.”
[9]“How are these things possible?” Nicodemus asked.
[10]Jesus replied, “You are a respected Jewish teacher, and yet you don’t understand these things?
[11]I assure you, we tell you what we know and have seen, and yet you won’t believe our testimony.
[12]But if you don’t believe me when I tell you about earthly things, how can you possibly believe if I tell you about heavenly things?
[13]No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man has come down from heaven.
[14]And as Moses lifted up the bronze snake on a pole in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,
[15]so that everyone who believes in him will have eternal life.
[16]“For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
[17]God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.
[18]“There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son.
[19]And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil.
[20]All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed.
[21]But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants.”
Now...where do you find the verse where a "true" born again Christian never picks the verse?
Since you and I have been dialoguing, you have been picking out verses, not the Holy Spirit. You have imagined you have a mystical connection to the Holy Spirit, yet you have been wrong in your impressions. God is never wrong, yet your impressions have been consistently wrong even as you claim they come from God. Squeaky, it becomes quite apparent that the Holy Spirit is not the one directing you. This should bring you cause for concern and repentance.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Verse for that comment please.
The term "born again" is only used in John 3 when Nicodemus makes inquiry of Jesus.
John 3:1-21
[1]There was a man named Nicodemus, a Jewish religious leader who was a Pharisee.
[2]After dark one evening, he came to speak with Jesus. “Rabbi,” he said, “we all know that God has sent you to teach us. Your miraculous signs are evidence that God is with you.”
[3]Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”
[4]“What do you mean?” exclaimed Nicodemus. “How can an old man go back into his mother’s womb and be born again?”
[5]Jesus replied, “I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit.
[6]Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life.
[7]So don’t be surprised when I say, ‘You must be born again.’
[8]The wind blows wherever it wants. Just as you can hear the wind but can’t tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can’t explain how people are born of the Spirit.”
[9]“How are these things possible?” Nicodemus asked.
[10]Jesus replied, “You are a respected Jewish teacher, and yet you don’t understand these things?
[11]I assure you, we tell you what we know and have seen, and yet you won’t believe our testimony.
[12]But if you don’t believe me when I tell you about earthly things, how can you possibly believe if I tell you about heavenly things?
[13]No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man has come down from heaven.
[14]And as Moses lifted up the bronze snake on a pole in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,
[15]so that everyone who believes in him will have eternal life.
[16]“For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
[17]God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.
[18]“There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son.
[19]And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil.
[20]All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed.
[21]But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants.”
Now...where do you find the verse where a "true" born again Christian never picks the verse?
Since you and I have been dialoguing, you have been picking out verses, not the Holy Spirit. You have imagined you have a mystical connection to the Holy Spirit, yet you have been wrong in your impressions. God is never wrong, yet your impressions have been consistently wrong even as you claim they come from God. Squeaky, it becomes quite apparent that the Holy Spirit is not the one directing you. This should bring you cause for concern and repentance.

I said
lololo If you don't know that you cant be walking after the Holy Spirit. Another tell is when you just post a bunch of verses in sequence. Your a phony.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Whose the phony? Who posts a bunch of verses. Hypocrite

I said
lol A bunch of verses? Don't you mean who demonstrates the Spirit.

[1Co 2:1-5
1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching [were] not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
lol A bunch of verses? Don't you mean who demonstrates the Spirit.

[1Co 2:1-5
1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching [were] not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

Nope. Verses right in a row.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Nope. Verses right in a row.

I said
That is for people still in the milk understanding. Everything Jesus spoke was in parables, and the apostles only gave us the milk understanding. It takes the Holy Spirit to bring it into the meat understanding. That is why you have never found it yet.

[Mat 13:34
34 All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them,
[1Co 3:2
2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able [to receive it], and even now you are still not able;

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
nope

guess again

I said
ROFLOL Hey everyone do you know my shadow heckler. Doser where have you been? I thought I lost my naysayer for a while there. But your back. Your job is to keep my threads at the top of the board. Your falling behind on your job. Your ridiculous remarks are still working that no one could every pay any attention to.