Mid Acts Disponsationalism

Mid Acts Disponsationalism

• Total voters

godrulz

Hall of Fame
That's a bold claim. Can you prove it? It appears I've interpreted the scriptures quite differently than mid-Acts theology, yet I believe I'm saved.

On another thread, Lighthouse suggested that there is hope for me, which seemed odd. (I was not sure whether to chuckle or become concerned that belief in mid-Acts doctrines could in any way improve my salvation.)

I'm not in bondage, brother. The truth set me free, thanks to God.

Strive to be "good enough?" As our Lord taught ...[N]one is good, save one, that is, God." So I don't play morality, but allow His Spirit to lead me as I walk in Him (Galatians 2:20). It's supposed to be an "easy yoke and light burden."

They tend to turn MAD into a sect and make salvation/fellowship too tied into a rare disp view.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
What does that mean?

We agree on that point.

In the Old Testament, people identified with Jews/Israel. In the NT, this was no longer true when Israel rejected the Messiah. Now, people identify with Christ/Church. God still has unconditional covenants with national Israel and will restore her to the land, etc. in the future Tribulation/Millennium (Rom. 9-11). Israel and the Church are the people of God, but distinct.

Doormat

I...this was no longer true when Israel rejected the Messiah.

Let's just take this one claim to start, brother.

Israel did not reject the Messiah. The individual "Jews" who rejected the Messiah were neither Jews nor part of Israel, according to Paul and according to Jesus.

Doormat

Doormat said:
Romans 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

... And his enemies in Israel were not his. That is all he is saying. Israel was put away, cast away, whatever you want to call it.

I agree: his enemies in Israel were not his; they were not part of Israel (John 8:39 et seq.) Therefore, it makes no sense whatsoever that "Israel" would be put away, cast away, rejected, whatever for the unbelief of those who Jesus said were not part of Israel, but of the synagogue of the adversary (Revelation 3:9). So we agree on one point you made, but disagree on your conclusion, which I perceive would be a gross injustice against Israel, God's first born son (Exodus 4:22): cast away for the unbelief of those who were not a part of Israel?

You do realize you are quoting "MAD doctrine" to disprove "MAD doctrine".

I don't understand what you mean, brother. I was asking how you interpret by Ephesians 2:12, 19, which I interpret to mean Gentiles were made citizens of Israel. It would be helpful if you or some other mid-Acts brother could address that.

There is no such thing as "spiritual Israel".

Why do you believe that God's theocracy wasn't a spiritual nation as well as a physical nation ... always? And do you believe you are in a spiritual Body of Christ? Or, in your opinion, is it only those alive on earth presently that are part of Christ's body?

Here are some scriptures you should ponder, brother:

Isaiah 49:3, 6 He said to me, You are my servant, Israel, in whom I display my splendor. ... I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth.

Who is bringing His salvation to the ends of the earth? Is it that nation in the Middle East you call Israel, or is it the Body of Christ (the Israel that Isaiah was describing)?

Exodus 4:22 "Then you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says the LORD, "Israel is My son, My firstborn."

Hosea 11:1 compared with Matthew 2:14-15

Isn't the typology evident? The body of Christ is Israel.

Doormat said:
Is Christ the king of Israel?

Agreed. Is Christ king of a nation that is put away by God? I don't believe so.

Is Christ your king?

Doormat said:
Is the king of Israel a citizen of Israel?
2. Yes, from birth. But he had to be crucified and raised up

Then you agree that Christ is king and citizen of Israel. Did Christ give up his citizenship and/or kingship when God allegedly put away Israel? I don't believe so.

Doormat said:
Is Christ one with His nation?
3. Metaphorically, yes. Israel isn't really a bride, but it is a metaphor for understanding.

He is one with His nation the same as he is one with you and I in the Body of Christ. Is that only a metaphor, too, in your opinion? Are you in the literal or figurative Body of Christ?

Doormat said:
Are you in Christ, one with him?
4. I am. I am a part of him, not his bride.

If you are one with him and part of him, brother, then logic dictates that you are one with and part of the king of Israel, one with and part of a citizen of Israel, and one with and part of the One who was called Israel in prophecy.

tudorturtl

Rev 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Rev 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
Rev 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Rev 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
Rev 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
Rev 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
Rev 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

tudorturtl

Rev 15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.
Rev 15:3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.
Rev 15:4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

tudorturtl

Rev 16:10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
Rev 16:11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.
Rev 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.
Rev 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Rev 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
Rev 22:21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

WoundedEgo

Will the real dispensationalists please stand up?

Will the real dispensationalists please stand up?

Hi , and it takes a real dispensationalist to understand what I write , and begin GRACE and the Body of Christ in Acts 9:6 , dan p

Then one must join the club before knowing what they stand for? Goofy.

WoundedEgo

Dan P, do you really think Paul would approve of your "join our club" mentality? This is just more "I am of Paul" and "I of Apollos" stuff. This destroys the body that you profess to care about so much.

Isn't this more what is expected of you?:

1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
1Pe 3:16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

Doormat

I believe what the Bible says. It says Israel was put away, and gentiles raised up through Paul's unique ministry.

This is not unique to MAD and is the gist of Acts 2 disp (my view) also.

Romans 11:2 God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel? "Lord, THEY HAVE KILLED YOUR PROPHETS, THEY HAVE TORN DOWN YOUR ALTARS, AND I ALONE AM LEFT, AND THEY ARE SEEKING MY LIFE." But what is the divine response to him? "I HAVE KEPT for Myself SEVEN THOUSAND MEN WHO HAVE NOT BOWED THE KNEE TO BAAL."

In Paul's own words. God preserved Israel as a remnant; He did not "put away" Israel.

In addition to that, I hope you both have read and considered post #45 on page 3.

Doormat

Here is what brother Lighthouse claimed on another thread is the idea behind mid-Acts theology:

The whole idea behind MAD is that Paul preached a different message than the 12; one wherein those in Christ are not under the law at all, whereas the 12 preached the law and that their converts were still subject to it.

... my argument is that followers of Christ were justified by works of the law and by faith. And that Paul taught the opposite of that ...

Is that really what all those who hold to MAD theology believe? It seems incredible.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For a good review of what MAD is about, Chickenman started a thread awhile back.

For Sincere Inquisitors ONLY: MAD Explained

Here's a link to that thread:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58704

I'll go ahead and bump the thread for those that would like to take a peek.

*NOTE* The thread is NOT for debating against MAD (there are plenty of other threads for that).
The thread is just to get an idea of what the MAD view is.
Once you understand what the view is, then you can agree or disagree with it on another thread.

Doormat

*NOTE* The thread is NOT for debating against MAD (there are plenty of other threads for that).
The thread is just to get an idea of what the MAD view is.
Once you understand what the view is, then you can agree or disagree with it on another thread.

This thread is for those people to ask questions. And they're absolutely welcome to offer challenges, as well.

Doormat

THE BASICS

Where it all starts:
[*]God called out a chosen nation to be His special people above all the nations of the earth.
[*]The nation continually rebelled against God, to the point that they even rejected His Son Jesus Christ Who physically came to earth to get them to repent and turn to God.

See post #45 on this thread to brother NickM. The nation of Israel did not reject the Messiah. Rather, men who thought they were Abraham's seed and part of Israel rejected Christ, but both Christ and Paul taught that they were not Israel. Christ states they only think they are Jews but are actually the synagogue of the adversary.

[*]For one year after Jesus' earthly ministry, God gave them repeated chances to accept the good news of His Son and the coming kingdom and to bear fruit.

Who is them? The Apostles were Israel, as were all the Jews that converted. The rest were not Israel according to both Jesus and the Apostle Paul.

[*]Because the masses still rejected Him, God put a halt to the prophesied timeline of delivering the kingdom to them. He relegated the chosen nation to the status of the disobedient Gentile nations, thus putting ALL people in the same boat (as opposed to Israel being the preeminent nation).

This claim is challenged in post #45.

Paul states plainly:

Romans 11:2 God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel? "Lord, THEY HAVE KILLED YOUR PROPHETS, THEY HAVE TORN DOWN YOUR ALTARS, AND I ALONE AM LEFT, AND THEY ARE SEEKING MY LIFE." But what is the divine response to him? "I HAVE KEPT for Myself SEVEN THOUSAND MEN WHO HAVE NOT BOWED THE KNEE TO BAAL."

[*]Upon doing so, God called out Paul to be the "apostle to the Gentiles", delivering the "gospel of the uncircumcision" - a message that was different in many ways from that which was previously delivered by those apostles that Jesus chose during His earthly ministry.

1 Corinthians 15:11. In Paul's own words, he and the other Apostles preached the same message he had just described in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. "Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed." When he says "...so we preach and so you believed," he can only mean the message of 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 in context.

[*]Jesus Christ from heaven dispensed to Paul a gospel message that was specifically pertinent to the Body of Christ, whereas He had previously from earth dispensed a gospel message to the Twelve that was specifically pertinent to the chosen nation of Israel who awaited their coming tribulation and promised kingdom.

Again, see post #45. Scripture shows that Christ is Israel.

Is Christ your king, brother?

[*]These two messages were different. The book of Acts shows the transition away from one to the other and displays the resulting confusion…a confusion which, by the way, still exists today and for pretty much the same reason as back then.

On Bright Raven's Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth thread I show that the messages of Peter and Paul were the same. Peter taught the death, burial and resurrection. Paul taught repentance and claims he baptized people (he names names, too) and Acts has him baptizing Ephesians.

Lighthouse claims that those who followed Jesus, as opposed to Paul, had to keep the law for salvation (justified by works). No other MAD adherent has corrected him. Is that what you believe, too? And do you believe that in spite of Paul's claim that no flesh will be justified by the works of the law?

How's that for starters?

When my challenges are addressed and my questions are answered, I'll let you know, brother.

DAN P

Then one must join the club before knowing what they stand for? Goofy.

Hi , and Paul wants you to join him , not me !!

IN 1 Cor 11:1 , You become IMITATORS of me just as also I am of Christ ,

Then in 1 Cor 4:16 Therefore , I ENCOURAGE you , become IMITATORS of me !!

In 1 Cor 3:1-4 , Paul calls them INFANTS !!

vERSE 2 , I gave you MILK !!

You are still CARNEL ??

They can not eat MEAT ??

DAN P

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
That's a bold claim. Can you prove it? It appears I've interpreted the scriptures quite differently than mid-Acts theology, yet I believe I'm saved.

On another thread, Lighthouse suggested that there is hope for me, which seemed odd. (I was not sure whether to chuckle or become concerned that belief in mid-Acts doctrines could in any way improve my salvation.)

I'm not in bondage, brother. The truth set me free, thanks to God.

Strive to be "good enough?" As our Lord taught ...[N]one is good, save one, that is, God." So I don't play morality, but allow His Spirit to lead me as I walk in Him (Galatians 2:20). It's supposed to be an "easy yoke and light burden."

Go to any church that does not recognize the unique and exclusive message of paul. You will find your proof there after hearing several sermons. I guarantee you will find yourself doubting your salvation because they will have you examining your BEHAVIOR. After they have you look closely at your behavior, they have you ask yourself if you really are saved or not. If they understood the exclusivity of pauls gospel to the church age, they would know that behavior has no bearing whatsover upon ones salvation. You know good and well what I am saying is true because I am certain you have been exposed to the same message all of your life.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
See post #45 on this thread to brother NickM. The nation of Israel did not reject the Messiah.

***snipped for brevity***

When my challenges are addressed and my questions are answered, I'll let you know, brother.
I gave you that link for you to read through at your leisure.

Did not any of the posts in that thread address your questions?

Dan Emanuel

Go to any church that does not recognize the unique and exclusive message of paul. You will find your proof there after hearing several sermons. I guarantee you will find yourself doubting your salvation because they will have you examining your BEHAVIOR. After they have you look closely at your behavior, they have you ask yourself if you really are saved or not. If they understood the exclusivity of pauls gospel to the church age, they would know that behavior has no bearing whatsover upon ones salvation. You know good and well what I am saying is true because I am certain you have been exposed to the same message all of your life.
So a murderer, an adulterer, a pedophile, they shouldn't think seriously about they're choices, they're behavior, and wonder? Since behavior "has no bearing whatsoever upon ones salvation?" I'm not suggesting that Christians cannot sin. I'm suggesting that there's a difference between 1 Corinthians 3:14 KJV and 1 Corinthians 3:15 KJV. And that there's a difference between saying that, because it is Christ living in you Galatians 2:20 KJV, that Christ is actually the One committing you're sins.

Daniel