Mid Acts Disponsationalism

Mid Acts Disponsationalism

• Total voters

WoundedEgo

Hi , and read Rom 11:23 , Israel will be grafted in again and the Gentiles will be grafted also in the Millennium .

This OP is on MAD , SO WHERE DO YOU STAND ??

DAN P

I "stand" on the proposition that Jews are Jews and gentiles are not. I "stand" on the proposition that the new covenant/testament is with Israel and not with gentiles. I "stand" on the proposition that, according to the scriptures, and according to the new covenant/testament, all Israel will be rescued.

Do you agree? (It is hard to tell)...

DAN P

I "stand" on the proposition that Jews are Jews and gentiles are not. I "stand" on the proposition that the new covenant/testament is with Israel and not with gentiles. I "stand" on the proposition that, according to the scriptures, and according to the new covenant/testament, all Israel will be rescued.

Hi , and the Nation of Israel will always be Israel and their HOPE is and earthly Kingdom .

The Body of Christ are a heavenly people >

You did not answer the question , where did the Body of Christ begin , in ACTS 2 , 9 , 11 , 13 OR IN 28:28 ??

DAN P

WoundedEgo

Body

Body

Hi , and the Nation of Israel will always be Israel and their HOPE is and earthly Kingdom .

The Body of Christ are a heavenly people >

You did not answer the question , where did the Body of Christ begin , in ACTS 2 , 9 , 11 , 13 OR IN 28:28 ??

DAN P

I guess you need me to say "Sibboleth", eh? Or is it "Shibboleth"?!

Either way, in the scriptures, the hope of the Jews and the hope of the saints has always been to inherit the promises made to Abraham, that they would inherit the land promised to Abraham:

Rom 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

I take it that does not fit your MAD ideas?

DAN P

Hi , and it takes a real dispensationalist to understand what I write , and begin GRACE and the Body of Christ in Acts 9:6 , dan p

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi , and like one poster said , I am always right , I just tried 10,000 other ways that did not work , like RC , Church of Christ , Nazarene , S Baptist , Assemblies of God , dan p

So you find the doctrine appealing?

DAN P

So you find the doctrine appealing?

Hi , and I have been an Pauline dispensationalist for many years and I use to say the same thing ;

#1 , I am a MID- Acts Dispensationalist

#2 , Pre-mill

#3 , Pre-Tri

And am all right , until I read Robert C Brock , and he set me straight , on Acts 9:6 and the Greek Article and Perfect Tense .

Acts was the hardest book , but still learning new things , and am charging my truck battery so I can go home , dan p

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Not sure. I agree with everything i know about mid acts dispensationalism so far that ive seen from others who are, but i dont believe I agree with open theism as i am understanding it presented and im not sure if one goes with the other, which is why i said unsure.

I am a dispensationalist - but had never heard of mid acts dispensationalism till joining TOL.

Zeke

Romans 16:25,26, 15:9, and 27, Acts 26:22, 1Cor 15:4, Galatians 3:8, and back to Romans 1:1-4. It doesn't pass the mystery test not found in the scripture.

Doormat

Have you considered the message put forth by Hosea?

Hosea 11:1-12

11 “When Israel was a child, I loved him,
And out of Egypt I called My son.
2 As they called them,
So they went from them;
They sacrificed to the Baals,
And burned incense to carved images.

3 “I taught Ephraim to walk,
Taking them by their arms;
But they did not know that I healed them.
4 I drew them with gentle cords,
With bands of love,
And I was to them as those who take the yoke from their neck.
I stooped and fed them.

5 “He shall not return to the land of Egypt;
But the Assyrian shall be his king,
Because they refused to repent.
6 And the sword shall slash in his cities,
Devour his districts,
And consume them,
Because of their own counsels.
7 My people are bent on backsliding from Me.
Though they call to the Most High,
None at all exalt Him.

8 “How can I give you up, Ephraim?
How can I hand you over, Israel?
How can I make you like Admah?
How can I set you like Zeboiim?
My heart churns within Me;
My sympathy is stirred.
9 I will not execute the fierceness of My anger;
I will not again destroy Ephraim.
For I am God, and not man,
The Holy One in your midst;
And I will not come with terror.

10 “They shall walk after the Lord.
He will roar like a lion.
When He roars,
Then His sons shall come trembling from the west;
11 They shall come trembling like a bird from Egypt,
Like a dove from the land of Assyria.
And I will let them dwell in their houses,”
Says the Lord.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You can substitute andyc and godulz where it says For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God..

We fully affirm salvation by grace through faith apart from works/law, the Pauline gospel (which is not unique to MAD). We are not legalistic Jews who reject the Deity and Messiahship of Christ.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Hi , and it takes a real dispensationalist to understand what I write , and begin GRACE and the Body of Christ in Acts 9:6 , dan p

The Church began with the Holy Spirit/Christ, not Paul (i.e. cross; Pentecost)

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Yes. All other methods of interpretation lead to bondage if one is honest. I mean bondage in the sense that you have to strive to be "good enough".

Hogwash. Even Reformed Covenantalists are strong on grace/faith vs works. Your circ gospel might fit the bill (but not biblical post-cross), but evangelicals (most have never heard of MAD) understand grace/faith. Bondage/striving, etc. may be cultic, but not necessary to the myriad of non-MAD Christian views (dispensationalists who rightly reject MAD are not in bondage to 'good enough', etc.).

You misrepresent other views and fail to see the flaws in your own.

Doormat

Yes. All other methods of interpretation lead to bondage if one is honest.

That's a bold claim. Can you prove it? It appears I've interpreted the scriptures quite differently than mid-Acts theology, yet I believe I'm saved.

On another thread, Lighthouse suggested that there is hope for me, which seemed odd. (I was not sure whether to chuckle or become concerned that belief in mid-Acts doctrines could in any way improve my salvation.)

I mean bondage in the sense that you have to strive to be "good enough".

I'm not in bondage, brother. The truth set me free, thanks to God.

Strive to be "good enough?" As our Lord taught ...[N]one is good, save one, that is, God." So I don't play morality, but allow His Spirit to lead me as I walk in Him (Galatians 2:20). It's supposed to be an "easy yoke and light burden."

godrulz

Hall of Fame
In what way was Israel put away, brother? I'm still not seeing it.

Post-cross, people did not come through or identify with national Israel in salvation. Faith in Christ alone leads to Jew/Gentile being one in Christ (MAD is wrong to think this begins with Paul vs cross).