Mexicans are Dumb and Will Destroy America?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Ummm...my relatives are part of those numbers, right?

Yes. But only a part.

There is nothing extraordinary about my family and many other Mexican families can go on to very successful. Any idea that intentionally marginalizes a group of people should be rebuked and discarded.

"Extraordinary" is said in many ways. Depending on what the general trends and numbers are, your family might actually be extraordinary. :idunno:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
It would be kind of like an affluent black person coming from an affluent black family in an affluent black neighborhood and saying: "What? Black people disproportionately live in poverty, in government housing, etc? Inconceivable! Look at my family!"

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
will smith is richer than the richest 78,000 philosophers all put together

resurrected said:
and obama's half black

so they say :noid:

See, this just makes my point. If I want to know what black people in America generally are like, it would be bad advise to tell me to go to Will Smith's or Obama's house. They aren't representative of the general black population. They're clearly exceptional cases.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
so we have sub-populations of blacks that excel and others that don't

libtards think that throwing money at the latter will turn them into the former, even though it hasn't worked since johnson started doing it in the sixties

conservatives think that offering them opportunities to succeed is more important,, even though many will choose gubmint handouts and crime over honest work

whatcha gonna do?

The Berean

Yes. But only a part.
Ok.

"Extraordinary" is said in many ways. Depending on what the general trends and numbers are, your family might actually be extraordinary. :idunno:

I don't see my family as "extraordinary". I see it more as having educational opportunities and fulfilling our potential. Even though my family in Mexico were mostly poor this was due to circumstances outside their control. They were denied access to education. Even so, I have one cousin who studied Civil Engineering in Mexico in the early 1980's. His father (my uncle) worked very hard to send his son to college. Last year I visited my father's village which is in the state of San Luis Potosi. It looks pretty much the same as it did when I first visited in the late 1970's. At least now they have electricity but still lacks running water. Yet, the daughter of one cousin who lives in this village is studing pre-med at Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí which is the largest and most prestigious university in the sate. This university was founded by Jesuits. :D

All I'm saying is that IQ test scores are not the end-all and be-all in determining who is intelligent or who will succeed in life. Many Mexican immigrants lack basic education when they come to he US. No one doubts that. But there is a difference between being uneducated and being un-intelligent. My father only has a third grade education. But he has always been a reader his entire life. He would read newspapers constantly and was always watching the news. He was always curious about how things worked. He is very good with his hands. He could fix machines and is a great carpenter. He has started several businesses. If he took an IQ test I have no idea what he would score but if he scored poorly that wouldn't mean my father was "stupid". He told me an interesting story recently. When he was a young boy my grandfather would work in Texas seasonally for a Texas rancher. This rancher liked my grandfather so much that he offered to sponsor my grandfather so he and his entire family could move to Texas legally and work for the rancher year-around. But my grandfather said no. My dad would tease my grandfather about how my dad could have gone to college and be really rich and successful if only the family had moved to Texas. :chuckle: It's interesting how the decision of one person can affect the lives of an entire generation.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I don't see my family as "extraordinary".

Again, "extraordinary" is said in many ways. If you mean to say that your family isn't extraordinary in the sense of having exceptional innate capacities that most people don't have, then no, they probably aren't extraordinary.

Statistically speaking, they're probably extraordinary, in the sense that they probably fall to the right of the bell curve. :idunno:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
i was talking about genealogy with my folks the other night and ran some numbers

dad was talking about an ancestor who came to america in 1638

assuming 25 years per generation (an estimate that is debatable but accepted practice), we had 33,689 ancestors in that generation

and we know of the one

we can take that line back to 1457, through holland and back to england

5 million ancestors at that generation

and we know of one

pretty silly to think there's not african blood in my veins, or indian, or spanish

The Berean

i was talking about genealogy with my folks the other night and ran some numbers

assuming 25 years per generation (an estimate that is debatable but accepted practice), we had 33,689 ancestors in that generation

and we know of the one

and we know of one

pretty silly to think there's not african blood in my veins, or indian, or spanish
Hey, maybe we are distant cousins, res?!! :banana: Can I borrow $1500?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Justine_Ramos_head.jpg

:Shimei:

wonder if she's interested in starting a family?

Sitamun

and we know of the one

and we know of one

Res, tried to send you a PM. Which ancestor? My family is descended from John Robinson the "Pilgrim Pastor". His son came over around 1638 as well. Was wondering if we have the same family member.