ECT Melchizedek and M.A.D.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Was Russell wrong about everything? You agree with catholics on one or two things, therefore you must be a catholic.

Yeah, I don't think stooping to their level, as tempting as it is, is the way to go.

The dude is a troll. :troll:

Word based mystic

Tambora I am definitely not an advocate for following the law as a means to salvation.
Being born again is a spirit issue of new birth spiritually.

1 john 4:13 By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.

the fruit of our being born again is

1 john 4:21 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, cannot love God whom he hath not seen. 21 And this commandment have we from him, that he who loveth God love his brother also.

The summary of the law is (relational love) If you have love for your wife you don't need a list posted on the fridge. You automatically want to do good things for her and Not do bad things to her. No list needed. The proof is in the doing, listening and loving.

1 john 5:2 Hereby we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and do his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 4
For whatsoever is begotten of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that hath overcome the world, even our faith.

the (continuance) or growth in more and growing in a pattern of doing relationally loving actions will be obvious. Thus the inference of (IF you Love me you will automatically keep my commandments) The Love comes first proving the point of the whole theme is that relational love will produce keeping commandments.

Keeping commandments does not produce salvation or prove relationships of love. keeping commandments could also be a fear based or pride based motivation, so keeping the commandments doesn't imply being born again. But it (could) be a proof that one (may) be possibly be born again.

to summarize my continuance point
1 john 5:4 For whatsoever is begotten of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that hath overcome the world, even our faith.
sorry about my earlier comment I didn't do a good job of full context.

Word based mystic

The conundrum that often gets people confused with 1 john in relation to

1 John 5:18 We know that no one who is born of God sins; but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.

It Is that they don't consider the above scripture in context with the spirit, soul and body aspect of the regenerated man.

It is specifically relating to the (spirit) man birthed by the Holy Spirit, seated in heavenly places. That aspect that was born again that was spiritually dead after adam sinned. It is now alive/born again and cannot be destroyed by the evil one and neither can our spirit man sin.

our soul and flesh may sin, which we have an advocate for forgiveness but does not stain our spirit which is in Christ.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tambora I am definitely not an advocate for following the law as a means to salvation.
imagesqtbnANd9GcRtsPo1X2EFhxtls44PV.jpg