Maybe Reform rather than Usurping?

rainee

How would a request for reform be seen by the Admin and posters?

Lon wrote and reminded me - of the struggle he went through on his thread:
Well, I'm sad that my own for triune posters only thread is always hijacked by arians and unitarians so I'm stuck on this side of the fence on this particular. I think I understand your and consequently, the arian's sentiments over the matter.

It made me sad to see Lon write that. I replied:
I was going to tell...
...that you had to swing at endless hostile posts coming at you like the balls whizzing from a tennis-ball pitching machine set on super max.
All thrown by posters especially requested to NOT post on that thread.

I should have said about your thread, I admit it.
It was right in front of my mind.
Maybe it would have led to some talk of reform?

Would it be workable for some revision of the rule be possible?

The starter of a thread said in regards to a thread of his that has been accused repeatedly of elitism and exclusionist behavior:
I think anyone actually associating stature in an internet chatroom with elitism needs a broader perspective and an off switch on their computer...well, another one then. Some of the brightest and best posters around here have always been outside of the not so Secret Order and/or the Hall and their reputations don't remotely reflect the gravitas or ability.

I believe him.

But Eeset made a record, it appears to show no matter how un-elitist his thread was supposed to be - he did expect some special treatment.
It did seem to be justifiable to him.
And he didn't seem to mind any special treatment he received that he hadn't expected.

Her post:
Fact .... 10:46 p.m. on Dec 13th I made the following post to the HOFer how you doing thread. It was the 42nd post in that thread but was later remover by IK. ....
"How many people are in the TOL hall of fame?"

Fact .... at 10:51 Town replies with
"This is a thread for HOFers. If you're not in you shouldn't be posting here."

Fact ..... at 11:05 p.m. I reply and sometime later my two posts are removed with the following message. ......
"This message has been deleted by Inzl Kett. Reason: Non-HOFer posting in HOFer thread.

Fact. at 1:53 p.m. the following afternoon rainee posts .....
"It is very wonderful to see the HoF group doing well and good!"

and at 2:56 Town replies with .....
"Appreciated rainee, but posting here is restricted to Hall of Fame members.

There seems to be a little confusion on the point of late. :idunno: Now that means please, don't post here to apologize for not realizing you weren't meant to post here. :eek: "

Rainee's post was subsequently removed by IK.

Neither of my first 2 nor Rainee's original posts have been restored to that thread.

Fact .... Town has been told before that threads are for dialogue and members can not be excluded. That is, in fact, why he locks many of his threads. IK was, however, evidently not aware of site policy on this matter.

Now it is true, people here who start threads can close them,
perhaps not all know that or have that ability. I remember years ago a noobie had some conflicts at TOL and started a thread called "attention whores.." and some other crazy stuff in the title. There she tried to to tell of her mistreatment, I guess, I don't really remember.

She was met on the thread she made by some posters who wanted her to get with the program and understand how to get along here at TOL. Some may have been less than sympathetic.
But one guy in particular really made her angry.

So she told him to get off her thread. Then she tried to tell everybody to get off her thread. The laughter was derisive. He may have said she needed to start a blog.
She left awhile but came back.

She soon learned she would never get what she thought would be justice or revenge - but surprisingly she did get something she would consider better than both of these.

Sometimes she would even feel she owed a debt she could never repay - that is how much better it was... And she would want that for everyone.

Now back to the here and now.

Do y'all want more support for your threads? Do you wish you had mod help on that ?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now it is true, people here who start threads can close them, perhaps not all know that or have that ability. I remember years ago a noobie had some conflicts at TOL and started a thread called "attention whores.." and some other crazy stuff in the title. There she tried to to tell of her mistreatment, I guess, I don't really remember.

She was met on the thread she made by some posters who wanted her to get with the program and understand how to get along here at TOL. Some may have been less than sympathetic.
But one guy in particular really made her angry.

So she told him to get off her thread. Then she tried to tell everybody to get off her thread. The laughter was derisive. He may have said she needed to start a blog.
She left awhile but came back.

She soon learned she would never get what she thought would be justice or revenge - but surprisingly she did get something she would consider better than both of these.

Sometimes she would even feel she owed a debt she could never repay - that is how much better it was... And she would want that for everyone.

Now back to the here and now.

This thread?

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2396540&postcount=1