Matthew 27:53

CherubRam

John 5
King James Version (KJV)
25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

2 Timothy 2:18
who have departed from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some.

2 Thessalonians 2:2
not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come.

That is the Matt 27 verses here below.

Mat 27:52-54 says the resurrection has already taken place.

See how the word of God shows you what belongs in the bible. The resurrection has not taken place yet.

oatmeal

Blasphemy. It's no wonder you can't comprehend the Trinity.

That is your opinion.

Too bad you cannot support conclusion

Have you ever read what that passage says?

NO, you have not.

Read it with your mind engaged to read what is says

There are manuscripts that do not contain that passage

That passage was added by someone.

When Jesus told Lazarus to come forth out of the grave, Lazarus did not wait three days and nights to come out. He did so promptly

John 11

43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.

44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

When Jesus raised the son of the woman from Nain, he did remain on the bier for another three days and nights, he rose up immediately and began talking

Luke 7
14 And he came and touched the bier: and they that bare him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise.

15 And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother.

When Jesus raised Jairus' daughter, she did not remain inert and stagnant for another three days and nights but had something to eat.

Luke 8

54 And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid, arise.

55 And her spirit came again, and she arose straightway: and he commanded to give her meat.

You really need to learn to utilize scriptural evidence instead of unlearned and ignorant traditions to support your theologies and your threeeology.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I hope not. My faith is in that which is not seen...

Ha...Even His disciples didn’t believe He was resurrected...at first

and were extra biblical witnesses...at first

Good question though...wonder why you ask...
Because he wants to be a believer.

Lon

But no extra Biblical accounts of this amazing occurrence.

Er, no cell phones or internet at that time. I've seen miraculous healing. Anybody there to record it? :nono:

The temple veil ripped in two. Any other source give that bit? Nope. Only Jews would be interested. No newspaper, just a bit of gossip.

In short, your expectation 'seems' modern-day media-driven, to me. Did any one of the 5000 report the fishes and loaves? :nono: Only those 'interested" wrote about it. Try not to miss the forest for the trees: Don't get caught up in the events before you've listened to the message. Don't want either? Then there is no point in the latter, a waste of your time. If you get caught in details without catching the message, there is no point.

daqq

John 5
King James Version (KJV)
25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

2 Timothy 2:18
who have departed from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some.

2 Thessalonians 2:2
not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come.

That is the Matt 27 verses here below.

Mat 27:52-54 says the resurrection has already taken place.

See how the word of God shows you what belongs in the bible. The resurrection has not taken place yet.

Nope, it just means the resurrection has not yet happened for YOU because the Gospel is personal and individual to each in his or her own appointed times: times appointed of the Father, when a "child", (milk), becomes a son, (meat), and no one knows the day or the hour, but the Father only. This is the failure of all the Preterists, the MADS, and the Futurist Dispys. Just keep walking, (and suckling on mother Jerusalem's teets, lol). Your apocalypse will not be televised. :chuckle:

CherubRam

Nope, it just means the resurrection has not yet happened for YOU because the Gospel is personal and individual to each in his or her own appointed times: times appointed of the Father, when a "child", (milk), becomes a son, (meat), and no one knows the day or the hour, but the Father only. This is the failure of all the Preterists, the MADS, and the Futurist Dispys. Just keep walking, (and suckling on mother Jerusalem's teets, lol). Your apocalypse will not be televised. :chuckle:

The disciples gave a warning that the resurrection has not taken place yet, and that it is a false report. Are you one of those people who likes to make false reports?

daqq

The disciples gave a warning that the resurrection has not taken place yet, and that it is a false report. Are you one of those people who likes to make false reports?

Aren't you one of those people who claims to be Michael the Archangel?
Yes, I have seen you say so on more than one occasion . . .

daqq

Off topic.

:rotfl:

And you don't think your false accusation after I explained my position was off-topic?

1 Corinthians 15:20-26 KJV
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming
[parousia - appearing]
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

It is to each in his or her own order, just as Paul says in the statement above, and it began with the Messiah, and those from the Tanach "body of Moses", which were awakened in Mat 27:51-53 and folded into the new Covenant "body of Messiah". Your problem is that you still see yourself as "liable to die" because you have not separated your "self" from your carcass which will indeed die. Please note that those from the OP passage in question do not rise as soon as they are awakened, but rather not until Messiah rose first, for as Paul says, he is the firstfruits:

Matthew 27:52-53 KJV
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
[egeiro - "to awaken"]
53 And came out of the graves
after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

It is not speaking about earthquakes and carcasses being cast out of their graves, as someone else erroneously suggested: it is supernal in meaning. There may be zombies in Jerusalem of below but not in Jerusalem of above. :chuckle:

Zeke

:rotfl:

And you don't think your false accusation after I explained my position was off-topic?

1 Corinthians 15:20-26 KJV
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming
[parousia - appearing]
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

It is to each in his or her own order, just as Paul says in the statement above, and it began with the Messiah, and those from the Tanach "body of Moses", which were awakened in Mat 27:51-53 and folded into the new Covenant "body of Messiah". Your problem is that you still see yourself as "liable to die" because you have not separated your "self" from your carcass which will indeed die. Please note that those from the OP passage in question do not rise as soon as they are awakened, but rather not until Messiah rose first, for as Paul says, he is the firstfruits:

Matthew 27:52-53 KJV
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
[egeiro - "to awaken"]
53 And came out of the graves
after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

It is not speaking about earthquakes and carcasses being cast out of their graves, as someone else erroneously suggested: it is supernal in meaning. There may be zombies in Jerusalem of below but not in Jerusalem of above. :chuckle:

Hey, he can be what ever he wants to be in the dream just like you are doing playing Hebrew prostylite who partook of to much old wine, and needs a twelve step program to reach :cloud9:.

daqq

Hey, he can be what ever he wants to be in the dream just like you are doing playing Hebrew prostylite who partook of to much old wine, and needs a twelve step program to reach :cloud9:.

I received my doctrine from the Master just as Paul did.
For all intents and purposes Luke is Paul:

Luke 19:11-20 KJV
11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear
[G3916 parachrema - "in full wealth" - "all at once"].
12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom,
and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass,
that when he was returned, [Acts 2:1-3] having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, [Bema Seat of Messiah] to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:

Then came the first, then came the second, then another, and another, and so on and so on, even until now, and it will continue: for the Gospel is to each in his or her own appointed times, (and none shall be alone in his appointed times). But you, like CherubRam, cherry pick and choose what you will receive from the Master and what you will not eat from his table.

daqq

There is some tricky wording, (imo) in this passage. Bodies is plural but words like soma, (body) may have been used sometimes in a plural sense while pertaining to the many parts of the whole, (body). Most literalists, (meaning physical naturalists) will surely disagree with what I say here but this is how I read it:

Matthew 27:51-53
51. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent:
52. And the graves were opened; and a great body of the holy ones which slept arose:
53. And came out of the graves with [meta] the raising up of him, and went into the holy city, [Yerushalaim of above] and many [of them] were having been exhibited [made manifest in the Scripture, such as Hezekiah who was promised that he was healed and would go up into the House of YHWH in the Third Day, 2 Kings 20:5].

Another common misconception, (imo) promulgated by the physical naturalists comes into focus in the common understanding of the statement in Jude concerning Michael disputing with the Adversary over the body, (soma) of Moses. The "body of Moses" concerns not the physical body of Moses himself, (though the location of his burial was clearly hidden intentionally) but rather concerns all of the Tanach body of the holy ones and faithful.

Tanach "Body of the Saints" ~ "Body of Moses" (folded into Messiah - Matthew 27:51-53)
Brit Chadashah "Body of the Saints" ~ "Body of Messiah" :)

As stated in my first post herein, Hezekiah was "exhibited" in the scripture, which is one way that indeed the word used in Mat 27:53 can be understood:

2 Kings 20:4-11 KJV
4 And it came to pass, afore Isaiah was gone out into the middle court, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying,
5 Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the LORD.
6 And
[moreover] I will add unto thy days fifteen years; and I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake.
7 And Isaiah said, Take a lump of figs. And they took and laid it on the boil,
and he recovered.
8 And Hezekiah said unto Isaiah,
What shall be the sign that the LORD will heal me, and that I shall go up into the house of the LORD the third day?
9 And Isaiah said, This sign shalt thou have of the LORD, that the LORD will do the thing that he hath spoken: shall the shadow go forward ten degrees, or go back ten degrees?
10 And Hezekiah answered, It is a light thing for the shadow to go down ten degrees: nay, but let the shadow return backward ten degrees.
11 And Isaiah the prophet cried unto the LORD: and he brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down in the dial of Ahaz.

Hezekiah was first healed, that is physically, and fifteen years then proceeded to be added to his life: but that does not speak of him going up into the House of YHWH in the third day because the text plainly says so. The sign is then given, that the sundial would be turned back, and that sign was not that he would be physically healed because he already was, no, but that sign was that he might know that he would rise again the third day and go up into Jerusalem of above and the House of YHWH. And that is what Mat 27:52-53 is speaking of, and why it is written the way in which it is. Hezekiah is one of those exhibited in the writings, who awoke with the great congregation body of Moses, in Mat 27:52, and went up into the holy city, (Jerusalem of above), after/with the resurrection of Messiah in the third day.

daqq

If you want to talk about angels Daqq, then start your own thread.

Where did I say any such thing except that the same is your very own claim? Can you not read what has been posted? You are already buried under a mountain of scripture and your claim that the Matthew passage is spurious and was inserted is a direct result of your own blindness and unwillingness to accept what the scripture says. You and Zeke can both be whatever you want to be in the dreams and machinations of your vain imaginations but it will no doubt come to its end.

Zeke

I received my doctrine from the Master just as Paul did.
For all intents and purposes Luke is Paul:

Luke 19:11-20 KJV
11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear
[G3916 parachrema - "in full wealth" - "all at once"].
12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom,
and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass,
that when he was returned, [Acts 2:1-3] having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, [Bema Seat of Messiah] to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:

Then came the first, then came the second, then another, and another, and so on and so on, even until now, and it will continue: for the Gospel is to each in his or her own appointed times, (and none shall be alone in his appointed times). But you, like CherubRam, cherry pick and choose what you will receive from the Master and what you will not eat from his table.

Well your acting out a parable that only a child like imagination can decode (Matthew 18:3 )and enter its dark sayings that have been religiously adulterated by religions who need a spiritual reality check concerning the scriptures stories, there nothing wrong with impersonating if your an actor, its when the actor actually thinks his character is real then he loses his own identity he lost in the illusion he was playing in. And being the word juggler you are I would have thought that would have been rudimentary knowledge learned right after the audition.

clefty

“I received my doctrine from the Master just as Paul did.”

Unlike Paul however, the Master intends to knock you off your high horse and blind you after you begin your teaching?

Jus askin’...

daqq

“I received my doctrine from the Master just as Paul did.”

Unlike Paul however, the Master intends to knock you off your high horse and blind you after you begin your teaching?

Jus askin’...

Not really even worth a response because I quoted the Master in that post to explain what I meant. Do I need to be knocked off a "high horse" for believing the Messiah, and for believing the author of Luke who quotes him, and for believing Paul? Paul says, "Knowing therefore the terror of the Master, we persuade men", do you know the terror of the Master? How do you know whether or not terror is the correct rendering? I do know.

clefty

Not really even worth a response because I quoted the Master in that post to explain what I meant. Do I need to be knocked off a "high horse" for believing the Messiah, and for believing the author of Luke who quotes him, and for believing Paul? Paul says, "Knowing therefore the terror of the Master, we persuade men", do you know the terror of the Master? How do you know whether or not terror is the correct rendering? I do know.

Ok ok...I have a hard time following you your style your teaching...was just kidding...you come out of very different fields...

And yes I do know the terror of the Master...to be rejected by Him would be terrifying...

Good text to recall...you watch gonna have to use it again soon...lol

And no I had not really noted the timing of the waking and the resurrecting of those who were raised...

Would explain why it was thought the resurrection had already occured if these were running around testifying this...

Obviously author of Matt was not an eyewitness to the rending of the temple curtain either but the store circulated I am sure...

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
I hope not. My faith is in that which is not seen...

Ha...Even His disciples didn’t believe He was resurrected...at first

and were extra biblical witnesses...at first

Good question though...wonder why you ask...

There appear to be no recorded accounts other than that in the Bible, which was written years after the occurrence. One would expect that some Roman bureaucrat would have noted this influx of the deal into Jerusalem. So my best guess is that it never happened. Just more fluff added to support this new religion.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Er, no cell phones or internet at that time. I've seen miraculous healing. Anybody there to record it? :nono:

The temple veil ripped in two. Any other source give that bit? Nope. Only Jews would be interested. No newspaper, just a bit of gossip.

In short, your expectation 'seems' modern-day media-driven, to me. Did any one of the 5000 report the fishes and loaves? :nono: Only those 'interested" wrote about it. Try not to miss the forest for the trees: Don't get caught up in the events before you've listened to the message. Don't want either? Then there is no point in the latter, a waste of your time. If you get caught in details without catching the message, there is no point.

So ignore this claim of an incredible event? Graves opening and the previously dead walking around Jerusalem? OK.
And the message. I know the message. It, as the walking dead story, is myth.