Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People

beloved57

More on who are His People in Matt 1:21 ?

His People are His Sheep ! Jn 10:14,26,27

[FONT=&quot]I am the good shepherd, and know [/FONT]my sheep, and am known of mine.

But ye believe not, because ye are not ofmy sheep, as I said unto you.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Jn 21:16

[FONT=&quot]He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed [/FONT]my sheep.

3Gods Sheep and People are one and the same ! Ps 79:13

[FONT=&quot]So we thy [/FONT]people and sheep of thy pasture will give thee thanks for ever: we will shew forth thy praise to all generations.

Ps 95:7

[FONT=&quot]For he is our God; and we are the [/FONT]people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,

Ps 100:3

[FONT=&quot]Know ye that the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lord[/FONT][FONT=&quot] he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his [/FONT]people, and the sheep of his pasture.

And no, all ethnic jews of the physical nation of israel were His Sheep, in fact He said this to some ethnic jews of the land of israel Jn 10:26

[FONT=&quot]But ye believe not, because ye are not of [/FONT]my sheep, as I said unto you.

beloved57

More on who are His People in Matt 1:21 ?

They are all them The Father hath gave or given to Christ !

Jn 6:39

[FONT=&quot]And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he [/FONT]hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Jn 17:2

[FONT=&quot]As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.[/FONT]Of His Sheep Christ said this Jn 10:29

[FONT=&quot]My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Those given to Christ by His Father are His People in Matt 1:21[/FONT]

beloved57

His People are those God foreknew Rom 11:1-2

I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

Now God doesnt foreknow all without exception because Christ will yet tell some Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So quite naturally the them here could not have been any of the His People He foreknew of Rom 11:2

beloved57

His People are those He and they are all of One !

Heb 2:11

11[FONT=&quot]For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

The He that Sanctifieth here is none other than Jesus Christ. He sanctifies them by His Death as per Heb 10:10

[/FONT]
10 [FONT=&quot]By the which will we are sanctified through[[/FONT]for the sake of, because of.][FONT=&quot] the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also Heb 13:12

[/FONT]
12 [FONT=&quot]Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now who are the sanctified in Heb 2:11 ? Its His Family His Brethren and, the Children God hath given Him Heb 2:12,13

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Now the Children being Sanctified and the One doing the Sanctified are all of One Father

Remember Jesus said to one of His Saints Jn 20:17

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

beloved57

Now just who are His People that Jesus shall save ?

Matt 1:21

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Many are in error in regards to this most precious truth as it pertains to the Jesus of the scripture. They think His people here are ethnic jews, Abraham's physical descendants according to the flesh, but how absurd, that would put the promise to save based upon ethnicity, which would make God a respecter of persons, saving men upon their race, instead of Grace. Jesus told many ethnic jews they were not His Sheep/ People for instance, speaking to ethnic jews He says this Jn 10:26

But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Earlier He told physical descendants of Abraham, jews, seed of Abraham Jn 8:33-37

33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

Then He indicates that theyre not Gods Children Vs 42

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

And that in another sense they were not Abraham's Seed or Children Jesus insinuates Vs 39-40

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

And not only that, it was the same ethnic jews Jesus indicated they were children of the devil, calling the devil their father Vs 44

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

So, they were not Jesus people He shall save from their sins. But they are #1. Those who God the Father had Chosen in Him before the foundation of the World Eph 1:3-4 which of course did include some ethnic jews, but also it included Gentiles !

Nanja

Now just who are His People that Jesus shall save ?

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Many are in error in regards to this most precious truth as it pertains to the Jesus of the scripture. They think His people here are ethnic jews, Abraham's physical descendants according to the flesh, but how absurd, that would put the promise to save based upon ethnicity, which would make God a respecter of persons, saving men upon their race, instead of Grace. Jesus told many ethnic jews they were not His Sheep/ People for instance, speaking to ethnic jews He says this Jn 10:26

But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Earlier He told physical descendants of Abraham, jews, seed of Abraham Jn 8:33-37

[FONT=&]33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

Then He indicates that theyre not Gods Children Vs 42

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

And that in another sense they were not Abraham's Seed or Children Jesus insinuates Vs 39-40

[/FONT]

[FONT=&]39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

And not only that, it was the same ethnic jews Jesus indicated they were children of the devil, calling the devil their father Vs 44

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

So, they were not Jesus people He shall save from their sins. But they are #1. Those who God the Father had Chosen in Him before the foundation of the World Eph 1:3-4 which of course did include some ethnic jews, but also it included Gentiles !
[/FONT]

Amen! The People that Jesus Christ is a Saviour to Mat. 1:21 is the Spiritual Seed of Abraham Gen. 28:14, the Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16, 29, God's adopted Sons Eph. 1:5 which are comprised of people of every ethnicity.

But many of the ethnic jews will never come to know and love Jesus Christ, and so they are already cursed, Anathema 1 Cor. 16:22:

a thing devoted to God without hope of being redeemed, and if an animal, to be slain; therefore a person or thing doomed to destruction

So it's only Christ's Sheep, Spiritual Israel, comprised of both jews and gentiles, whom God Loved and has known from everlasting in Christ Jesus, to whom Salvation has been Promised Is. 45:17.

beloved57

nanja

Amen! The People that Jesus Christ is a Saviour to Mat. 1:21 is the Spiritual Seed of Abraham Gen. 28:14, the Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16, 29,

Amen Sister which led me into my next point as to who Christ's People are, His Spiritual Seed whom He offered His Soul an offering for their sins Isa 53:10

[FONT=&quot]Yet it pleased the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lord[/FONT][FONT=&quot] to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall [/FONT]see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Nanja

beloved57

Amen Sister which led me into my next point as to who Christ's People are, His Spiritual Seed whom He offered His Soul an offering for their sins Isa 53:10

So True! And Christ's Seed is exclusive to the Many He Justified Is. 53:11; Legally abjured Righteous in the Mind of God by the Blood of Christ Rom. 5:9 on their behalf Is. 53:6.

beloved57

The His People that Jesus shall save from their sins are His Body the Church, every member thereof, whether jew or Gentile, for its written Eph 5:25-27

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

This passage describes how Jesus saves His People from their sins, the work is Perfect !

Nanja

The His People that Jesus shall save from their sins are His Body the Church, every member thereof, whether jew or Gentile, for its written Eph 5:25-27

[FONT=&]25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

This passage describes how Jesus saves His People from their sins, the work is Perfect !
[/FONT]

Amen Brother!

Christ's Perfect work successfully accomplished the Salvation of every member of His Body the Church He gave Himself for, both jew and gentile, chosen in union with Him to be Holy and without blame before God in Love Eph. 1:4, making them Perfect by redeeming them from all iniquity [unrighteousness; violation of God's Law].

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Peculiar [periousios]: 1. that which is one's own, belonging to one's possessions

A. a people selected by God from the other nations for his own possession

Christ's giving Himself for His People, Church, Possession, ensured Eternal Life for them.

Titus 1:1-2
1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect [His Body the Church], and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; 2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

1 John 5:11
And this is the record, that God hath given to us [His Church] eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Nanja

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Its not a doubt that Jesus here shall save His People from their sins ! In doing He does the following Ezk 36:24-29

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.

He finds His People like this, dead in sin Ezk 16:6,8-9

6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine.

9 Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil.

This is basically what Paul writes in the New Testament Eph 2:4-5

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Titus 3:5-6

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

TY Brother for this very Spiritually Edifying, [eye puddling ☺] study in the scriptures. Praying the Lord Bless you richly !

beloved57

Christ People are those He redeemed with His Blood Isa 43:1

But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine

beloved57

Titus 2:14
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people zealous of good works.

The word peculiar is:

perioúsios (from 4012 /perí, "all-around, encompassing" and 1511 /eínai, "being, to exist") – properly, what exists in abundance (plenteousness) and hence of surpassing value. This describes believers because they belong to the Lord as His prized treasure ("peculiar," special possession). 4041 (perioúsios) is used only in Tit 2:14.

So those Christ redeems are His People Matt 1:21. Race / Ethnicity has no place here, His People of all races/ethnicities He has redeemed by His Blood Rev 5:9

9 [FONT=&quot]And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, an​d nation;[/FONT]

Last edited:

Nanja

But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine

O Jacob and O Israel are Names for Christ's Church, His Seed Chosen in Him Eph. 1:4-5, the Election of Grace; the Body of Christ He redeemed; The People He came to Save from their sins Mat. 1:21; the seed of Abraham whether jew or gentile which was Promised Salvation Is. 45:17; the Seed of Christ.

Gal. 3:16. 29

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

beloved57

Who are His People in Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

It is not all ethnic jews even though some are included. Yet scripture has other names for this " His People" of Jesus,

1. His Sheep Jn 10:15,16
2. His Church Eph 5:25
3 His Body Eph 5:23
4. His brethren Heb 2:17
5. The children of God Jn 11:52

Christ, when he said that he laid down his life for his sheep, included in that expression the elect Gentiles, those other sheep, Jn 10:16, which he says he must bring, indicating, that all the chosen/elect shall, by him, be brought to God by His death 1 Pet 3:18

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Bringing to God is saving them from their sins !

beloved57

Jesus Christ came specifically to save a special peculiar people that belonged to Him Matt 1:21

Yes it was for His peculiar people He came to save. Titus 2:12

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem/save us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

The word peculiar is the greek word periousios:

that which is one's own, belonging to one's possessions

1. a people selected by God from the other nations for his own possession
Thats the His People He came to save or redeem, a people belonging to Him ! This of course is His Church !

beloved57

Who are His People in Matt 1:21

The seed of Abraham that belong to Him Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

They are the heirs spoken of here Heb 1:14

14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Heb 6:17

17 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:

beloved57

The His People in Matt 1:21

are the people in Isa 42:6

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

And this particular people includes Gentiles !

beloved57

The His People in Matt 1:21

are the people in Isa 42:6

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

And this particular people includes Gentiles !
Since we have the gentiles being mentioned in the passage Isa 42:6 we can better understand why Jesus said in Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep[Gentiles I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Gentiles are part of the Covenant People, of the people Christ was given for a covenant of the people.

marke

Of course the Lord loves His people, but you seem confused as to why God hates those who are not His people. Why does God hate the wicked?

1. Just because He wants to?
2. Because they refuse to turn from their sin?
3. Because he has pleasure in torturing them for eternity for the sin of not being elected?
4. Because He needed some creatures to burn in hell forever to magnify His power and glory?

For some other reason? What scripture can you provide to clear this up?