Mark or sign in the hand or forehead

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank

Obviously. On the one hand, you claim that Revelation prophesied about Nero, who died in A.D. 68, while, on the other hand, you admit ignorance as to whether or not Revelation was written before A.D. 70, let alone, before A.D. 68, let alone, before A.D. 64, when Nero is alleged to have begun systematically persecuting Christians (of which Revelation 13 is alleged to have prophesied). Was Revelation written no earlier than A.D. 70, as you implied? Then, whatever else is going on in Revelation, it necessarily follows that Revelation never prophesied about Nero, who had already been dead for at least over a year by the time John wrote Revelation. There's no coherency between the various things you have affirmed.

I said that 666 is not a reference to Nero, and your reaction was:

Bald assertion.

On the contrary, the fact that Revelation was written after Nero was dead necessarily implies that Revelation did not prophesy about Nero. So, you are wrong, again.

Whatever else is going on in Revelation, we do know that Mr. 666 is Nero.

Bald assertion. Not to mention, assertion of falsehood.

7djengo7

I wrote, "Nero died in A.D. 68. When would you say Revelation was finished? A.D. 70 at earliest? What NT book would you say was the last one finished, if not Revelation?"

Your response to these three questions was:

You don't know whether or not Revelation was finished at 70 A.D. at earliest, but you know that it prophesied about Nero, who died over a year prior to 70 A.D.?

You said that

...the whole New Testament wasn't finished until AD 70 at earliest.

This implies that at least one NT book wasn't finished until A.D. 70 or later. I asked you which NT book was the last one finished, if not Revelation. You say you don't know which one. You don't know whether or not Revelation was the last one. I asked you whether or not Revelation was finished by 70 A.D. at earliest, and you say you do not know. You admit you do not even know that Revelation was finished by 70 A.D. at earliest, but you pretend to know that Revelation prophesied about Nero, who died over a year before A.D. 70.

If you know that Revelation prophesied about Nero, who died in A.D. 68, how could you fail to know that Revelation had been finished by 70 A.D.?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Would you say that Revelation was written before 70 A.D.? If so, why?
It might have been before, in, or after AD 70. Nero didn't ascend until AD 54, but that doesn't mean Revelation wasn't written before 54, anymore than it means it wasn't written after 68. I do think that it was written AD 33 or later though.

Idolater

I wrote, "Nero died in A.D. 68. When would you say Revelation was finished? A.D. 70 at earliest? What NT book would you say was the last one finished, if not Revelation?"

Your response to these three questions was:

You don't know whether or not Revelation was finished at 70 A.D. at earliest, but you know that it prophesied about Nero, who died over a year prior to 70 A.D.?
I never said 'prophesied' or 'prophecy,' that's your word. You have to be more careful with the words I'm using, and the ones I'm not. This is wasting my time.
You said that

This implies that at least one NT book wasn't finished until A.D. 70 or later. I asked you which NT book was the last one finished, if not Revelation. You say you don't know which one. You don't know whether or not Revelation was the last one. I asked you whether or not Revelation was finished by 70 A.D. at earliest, and you say you do not know. You admit you do not even know that Revelation was finished by 70 A.D. at earliest, but you pretend to know that Revelation prophesied about Nero, who died over a year before A.D. 70.
'Prophesied' is your word. You see how you're wasting my time?
If you know that Revelation prophesied about Nero, who died in A.D. 68, how could you fail to know that Revelation had been finished by 70 A.D.?
'Prophesied' is your word.

This whole post was a waste. You need to be more careful.

7djengo7

I never said 'prophesied' or 'prophecy,' that's your word. You have to be more careful with the words I'm using, and the ones I'm not. This is wasting my time.
'Prophesied' is your word. You see how you're wasting my time?
'Prophesied' is your word.

This whole post was a waste. You need to be more careful.

You waste your own time. If you don't want to waste your time, then don't waste your time. I'm not wasting your time. You see how I'm not wasting your time? You see how you're wasting your own time?

So, Revelation 13 wasn't a prophecy of a beast, and of its name and number? Was it, or wasn't it?

Was John not prophesying about a beast, and about its name and number? Yes or No?

Last edited:

7djengo7

It might have been before, in, or after AD 70. Nero didn't ascend until AD 54, but that doesn't mean Revelation wasn't written before 54, anymore than it means it wasn't written after 68. I do think that it was written AD 33 or later though.

Why are you such a joker?

Idolater

So, Revelation 13 wasn't a prophecy of a beast, and of its name and number? Was it, or wasn't it?

Was John not prophesying about a beast, and about its name and number? Yes or No?
It could be, and it could not be. Prophecy also doesn't necessarily mean a prediction, it can also be the Word of God regarding the present, or even regarding the past. In this latter sense, I could admit it is prophetic, without agreeing necessarily that it is predictive prophecy.

I do not know when Revelation was written. It could have been before Nero but after AD 33, it could have been written during Neros' reign, and it could have been written after his reign/death.