Marijuana legalization: LESS government?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
The days of "sneaking around" are almost over Sky. People are rolling joints and smoking them on the city streets here in Seattle. Once it's legal in your city/state/country, I'll assume that you'll be toking away.

The Church would speak against it simply because it is mind altering- it is not in their nature to uphold anything sinful, even if it's a better alternative.

I missed you answer as to whether or not you'll take up dope smoking once it's legal in your state. (Me thinkz that there is a tad bit more to why Skybringr quit smoking dope other than the legality of it).

Regarding the Church and criminal laws that go along with that doctrine: Why do you think mind altering drugs have been criminalized and are warned about in Holy Scripture? (I'll give you a hint: it has to do with being alert).

Alcohol has many negative attributes that simply doesn't exist with marijuana. For example, spousal/child abuse in the household is typically due to alcoholism.
Another thing, on the health side of it, is that alcohol is exponentially more detrimental to one's health:
it destroys the liver, it has an extreme rate of dependence, blows out the pancreas, is a gateway to depression and anxiety, and a myriad of other things.
I mean, alcohol can destroy a person's life; marijuana on the other hand, if legal, does not.

The majority of all suicides are done under the influence of alcohol_

There's simply a lot wrong with the fact that alcohol is legal and marijuana, which has never involved any of these things, is scrutinized.
But it's also inevitable that alcohol would be the substance of choice- it's the historical alteration. Anyone the world over can simply ferment fruit or grain, and that's what they did. It served as something that was clean and wouldn't spoil, and would take the edge off of hard living.

In conclusion, the only reason alcohol is legal and marijuana is not is out of demand- there's no reason to single either one out, it's just that society has always been more inclined culturally to one and not the other.
But if society were smart, I tell you- make marijuana legal, but don't recommend it, and campaign against alcoholism. That's the ticket.

While Scripture doesn't prohibit the use of alcohol as long as you're not getting intoxicated from it (God wants us to be alert for numerous reasons), you might want to take the subject of alcohol up with a fellow Libertarian of yours who has profited enormously off the misery of others via alcohol consumption. The multi national corporation he works for (previously as a beer truck driver and now I assume a suit and tie pencil pusher) has made billions off of laws that were decriminalized such as drunk in public and alcohol sales on Sunday, not to mention their ad campaigns that negatively effect minors and youth.

shagster01

Of course it is Doper.

Tell us again why you use a vaporizer instead of a bong or a joint

If you didn't cherry pick minority studies that fit your ideals maybe you'd actually influence people. I've yet to see anyone change their thinking to start agreeing with you on any of your big government topics.

As Brian Williams once said, "If you wait long enough a study will eventually come out that supports your particular way of life."

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Of course it is [a bogus study] Doper.

If you didn't cherry pick minority studies that fit your ideals maybe you'd actually influence people. I've yet to see anyone change their thinking to start agreeing with you on any of your big government topics.

As Brian Williams once said, "If you wait long enough a study will eventually come out that supports your particular way of life."

I guess I missed your answer as to why you use a sissy vaporizer to ingest your dope instead of being a real doper and holding it in your lungs by using a bong or joint?

It's not harmful to do so, as "thousands" (of studies) say so.

shagster01

Quote:
Of course it is [a bogus study] Doper.

I guess I missed your answer as to why you use a sissy vaporizer to ingest your dope instead of being a real doper and holding it in your lungs by using a bong or joint?

Because it smells less and uses less, thus saving me money. You know, common sense reasons.

Christian Liberty

Keep in mind that marijuana has been a controlled substance (i.e. illegal) up until somewhat recently. With the legalization of marijuana and hence increased consumption, I have no doubt that we'll be seeing the many harmful effects that it does to not only the individual smoking it, but to the society that has legalized it.
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3958731&postcount=490

Not only marijuana but ALL drugs were legal prior to 1914.

I am not going to start smoking marijuana if it is legalized for the same reason that I don't smoke cigarettes now. Its completely legal for me to do so, but I still don't want smoke in my lungs or to get hooked onto an addicting drug. I also don't want to arrest people for doing stupid stuff like smoking cigarettes.

Marijuana is similar.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not only marijuana but ALL drugs were legal prior to 1914.

I am not going to start smoking marijuana if it is legalized for the same reason that I don't smoke cigarettes now. Its completely legal for me to do so, but I still don't want smoke in my lungs or to get hooked onto an addicting drug. I also don't want to arrest people for doing stupid stuff like smoking cigarettes.

Marijuana is similar.

Thank you for showing that marijuana is an addicting drug Jr.

BTW: I was talking to a buddy that works security at one of the many medical marijuana dispensaries here in the Puget Sound area (with all of that drug money on hand, they worry about other dopers robbing them).

He said that the cost of a graham of dope at a dispensary is between $15-$20. The cost of a graham of dope at one of the new recreational marijuana stores is around $25. He said that you can buy the same dope on the street for $10.

So much for the black market going away after legalization.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
You've got a buddy who knows his dope. How interesting.

Shouldn't you be out arresting gays and throwing them in prison or something?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
You've got a buddy who knows his dope. How interesting.

I know a lot of people from different walks of life. Interesting ey?

That being said: Would you care to discuss the black market comment?

Shouldn't you be out arresting gays and throwing them in prison or something?

We have most of the homosexuals/child molesters confined to several buildings and will eventually move in for the arrest (the big problem is trying to keep children from entering those buildings).

vatican-st-peters-rome-610.jpg

shagster01

Thank you for showing that marijuana is an addicting drug Jr.

BTW: I was talking to a buddy that works security at one of the many medical marijuana dispensaries here in the Puget Sound area (with all of that drug money on hand, they worry about other dopers robbing them).

He said that the cost of a graham of dope at a dispensary is between $15-$20. The cost of a graham of dope at one of the new recreational marijuana stores is around $25. He said that you can buy the same dope on the street for $10.

So much for the black market going away after legalization.

The prices will drop. In CO the price per gram is as low as 7 dollars. You won't find it that cheap on the street.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The prices will drop. In CO the price per gram is as low as 7 dollars. You won't find it that cheap on the street.

That's odd, because government taxes are a huge part of the cost of legal dope.

From the OP: TAXES: Nobody knows how and at what level to tax pot. Too low, and the states won't be able to afford intense regulatory supervision of the industry. Too high, and pot users may stay in the black market.

In response to an earlier post of yours:

Quote:

Because it smells less and uses less, thus saving me money. You know, common sense reasons.

That's a new one: Marijuana smells bad.

I can understand with your addiction and all that you'd want to get more bang for your buck. Not being familiar with sissy vaporizers, wouldn't it be similar to trying to get a nicotine high by sitting in a room full of smokers and ingesting 2nd hand smoke? A couple of tokes off a pipe or a bong wouldn't be too expensive (unless you're doing it 20 times a day, which I suspect pot addicts do) and would go straight into the system, hence less waste.

shagster01

From the OP: TAXES: Nobody knows how and at what level to tax pot. Too low, and the states won't be able to afford intense regulatory supervision of the industry. Too high, and pot users may stay in the black market.

Well, I get medical tax discount. Rec is a bit more expensive because of extra taxes.

Quote:

I can understand with your addiction and all that you'd want to get more bang for your buck. Not being familiar with sissy vaporizers, wouldn't it be similar to trying to get a nicotine high by sitting in a room full of smokers and ingesting 2nd hand smoke? A couple of tokes off a pipe or a bong wouldn't be too expensive (unless you're doing it 20 times a day, which I suspect pot addicts do) and would go straight into the system, hence less waste.

It's not a bad smell, just strong.

A vaporizer is not like a room humidifier. It still has a tube that you inhale through. It's just that you get only the vapors and no smoke. It's a nicer taste too. The vapors are formed by pulling the heat through the plant (when inhaling) thus all the THC through the tube instead of some of it just burning away into the air. When that happens less is required.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:

Well, I get medical tax discount. Rec is a bit more expensive because of extra taxes.

As noted in my above post.

BTW, how is your irritable bowel syndrome coming along? (I know, too much info, but hey, if I can't mock the Doper, who can I mock?).

Quote:

Quote:

It's not a bad smell, just strong.

A vaporizer is not like a room humidifier. It still has a tube that you inhale through. It's just that you get only the vapors and no smoke. It's a nicer taste too. The vapors are formed by pulling the heat through the plant (when inhaling) thus all the THC through the tube instead of some of it just burning away into the air. When that happens less is required.

Look at his eyes. He has the eyes of a drug addict.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Gee, who would have thunk?

Pot-Positive Traffic Fatalities Up 100% in Colorado

Nov. 26, 2014

...A report
http://dailysignal.com/2014/08/20/7-harmful-side-effects-pot-legalization-caused-colorado/

by a federal grant-funded agency in Colorado found seven specific negative side effects that pot legalization has caused in Colorado:

1) the majority of DUI drug arrests involve marijuana;

2) youth consumption of marijuana has increased;

3) drug-related suspensions/expulsions increased 32 percent over a 5-year period and a majority was for marijuana;

4) an increase in college users;

5) almost 50 percent of Denver arrestees tested positive for marijuana;

6) marijuana-related emergency room visits increased 57 percent from 2011-2013; and

7) marijuana-related hospitalizations has increased 82 percent since 2008.

Read more: http://cnsnews.com/commentary/cully-stimson/pot-positive-traffic-fatalities-100-colorado

And Libertarians keep insisting that using marijuana is a "victimless crime".