Maricopa county ballot audit begins today

Derf

Which doesn't negate the fact that neither party are going to do anything meaningful about it. So when people call Democrats the party of abortion, they're ignoring that the Republican party is in the same boat.
I don’t vote for the Republican Party. But I definitely vote against the Democrat Party.
The Dem Party includes this in their platform:
We believe unequivocally, like the majority of Americans, that every woman should be able to access high-quality reproductive health care services, including safe and legal abortion.​
But we know there is no “safe” abortion. They all kill the baby.

Derf

Well, no. On one level I find the proceedings kinda funny but in a much more serious way, it could lead to unwanted ramifications for the democratic process down the line. There's plenty of Republicans who have concerns about that.
As opposed to the unwanted ramifications of unopposed election fraud?

Arthur Brain

I don’t vote for the Republican Party. But I definitely vote against the Democrat Party.
The Dem Party includes this in their platform:
We believe unequivocally, like the majority of Americans, that every woman should be able to access high-quality reproductive health care services, including safe and legal abortion.​
But we know there is no “safe” abortion. They all kill the baby.
How is the Republican stance any different?

Derf

How is the Republican stance any different?
There’s no such document as The Republican Stance. I couldn’t find the word “abortion” anywhere in the rep platform for 2020 (same as 2016), so they at least aren’t promoting it as the dems are. The Hyde amendment was enforced by Republicans’ votes, but denounced in Dem platform. Trump gained a lot of support by claiming to be prolife, and many of his actions followed suit. Republicans gave poor support to McCain and Romney, who were exceptionist regarding aborting, trying to leave the door open to allow killing some babies. Bush Jr talked big against abortion, and got the support he needed, but he didn’t follow through as well as Trump.
I could go on, but I’m hoping you are getting the picture. The rep party is by no means perfect on abortion, but sometimes they move in the right way. The dems are awful and moving the wrong way.

Arthur Brain

Thank you! And it’s ok to oppose it by limiting the opportunity beforehand, and by fervently monitoring for it during, and by thoroughly auditing for it afterward?
If there's a case of suspected fraud then sure in regards to the latter. There isn't in this case which is why a lot of Republicans are embarrassed by it. The results were done and dusted months ago. The first two are obviously a given for any election.

Arthur Brain

There’s no such document as The Republican Stance. I couldn’t find the word “abortion” anywhere in the rep platform for 2020 (same as 2016), so they at least aren’t promoting it as the dems are. The Hyde amendment was enforced by Republicans’ votes, but denounced in Dem platform. Trump gained a lot of support by claiming to be prolife, and many of his actions followed suit. Republicans gave poor support to McCain and Romney, who were exceptionist regarding aborting, trying to leave the door open to allow killing some babies. Bush Jr talked big against abortion, and got the support he needed, but he didn’t follow through as well as Trump.
I could go on, but I’m hoping you are getting the picture. The rep party is by no means perfect on abortion, but sometimes they move in the right way. The dems are awful and moving the wrong way.
Effectively the Republican party is identical to the Democratic party on the issue. There might be more lip service paid as regards it and Trump swayed with whatever appealed to his fan base as and when. Wasn't too long ago where he was pro choice and nothing will be done by either party. The majority of Americans wouldn't want to see abortion outlawed so it's a tricky political football that neither will enforce no matter their public stance on the matter.

Derf

If there's a case of suspected fraud then sure in regards to the latter. There isn't in this case which is why a lot of Republicans are embarrassed by it. The results were done and dusted months ago. The first two are obviously a given for any election.
I suspect fraud. Therefore there’s a case of suspected fraud. The results were only done and dusted to the standards of those that won their own elections, for the most part, like McCarthy and Cheney. A lot of republicans are embarrassed about a biblical stance on abortions, too, but that doesn’t mean we should stop aiming for such in our laws.

Derf

Effectively the Republican party is identical to the Democratic party on the issue. There might be more lip service paid as regards it and Trump swayed with whatever appealed to his fan base as and when. Wasn't too long ago where he was pro choice and nothing will be done by either party. The majority of Americans wouldn't want to see abortion outlawed so it's a tricky political football that neither will enforce no matter their public stance on the matter.
Some things are being done by some republicans, but not enough to still call our constitution applicable. You might be right on the trickiest, but I’m not really interested in trickiest, but in justice and righteousness.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I suspect fraud. Therefore there’s a case of suspected fraud. The results were only done and dusted to the standards of those that won their own elections, for the most part, like McCarthy and Cheney. A lot of republicans are embarrassed about a biblical stance on abortions, too, but that doesn’t mean we should stop aiming for such in our laws.
The Arizona State Senate suspects fraud. They are the only ones who matter in this case.

Arthur Brain

There has to be a foundation for the suspicion in order for it to hold any merit, otherwise anyone could say they suspect fraud merely because they don't like results. So individual cases of people saying they suspect such can't be given weight in themselves no matter who they are and what party they support. It's hardly about a 'biblical stance' that would embarrass Republicans I wager but rather that they don't want to push it when most Americans would be against it.

Arthur Brain

Some things are being done by some republicans, but not enough to still call our constitution applicable. You might be right on the trickiest, but I’m not really interested in trickiest, but in justice and righteousness.
Pretty much addressed in my last.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Being responsible for the hundreds of thousand citizens deaths via CV did not endear him to those grieving family members and friends.

Thanks to President Biden we are finally getting ahead of the Trump Virus.

Derf

Being responsible for the hundreds of thousand citizens deaths via CV did not endear him to those grieving family members and friends.

Thanks to President Biden we are finally getting ahead of the Trump Virus.
Yes, by applying the Trump vaccine.
I hear Biden is restarting work on the border wall, and has had to tone down his support for Hamas. Just doing his best not to give any credit to Trump.