Maricopa county ballot audit begins today

Derf

Um, no it hasn't so that's a false start. What's happening in Arizona is just a farce and it's no wonder that Boyer (along with other Republicans) want to distance themselves from it although a bit late now. The allegations of fraud were false, the last whimper of a petulant former president who's gargantuan ego couldn't handle the loss, a landslide one at that. Let them crack on with it in Arizona. Come Christmas they might have even finished counting...
then stop complaining about it.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If Jesus had not criticized the Pharisees, wouldn’t he have been supporting their father, the Devil? Why is it different to promote one who pushes Satanic policies like abortion?
I had a similar discussion here years ago with another poster regarding Obama's character. My position was that all I needed to know about Obama's character was that he was supportive of the murder of the innocent child. I really didn't need to know any more than that to form a judgment of his character.

Same with Joe.

Arthur Brain

If Jesus had not criticized the Pharisees, wouldn’t he have been supporting their father, the Devil? Why is it different to promote one who pushes Satanic policies like abortion?
If that's your yardstick, then there's no point in voting for any of the main parties because none of them are going to outlaw it.

Derf

If that's your yardstick, then there's no point in voting for any of the main parties because none of them are going to outlaw it.
It’s already written into the constitution, so it does not need to be outlawed again…just upheld against less just laws.
And I should say that the constitution is a pretty important yardstick.

Last edited:

Derf

One doesn't have to whine in order to complain. Just because Arthur was calm, doesn't mean he was complaining.
I have some trouble typing my “n’t”s sometimes. Is there supposed to be one on your second “was”? If so, I agree. If not, I don’t understand your point.

Arthur Brain

It’s already written into the constitution, so it does not need to be outlawed again…just upheld against less just laws.
And I should say that the constitution is a pretty important yardstick.
Which doesn't negate the fact that neither party are going to do anything meaningful about it. So when people call Democrats the party of abortion, they're ignoring that the Republican party is in the same boat.

Arthur Brain

I.e. complaining.
Well, no. On one level I find the proceedings kinda funny but in a much more serious way, it could lead to unwanted ramifications for the democratic process down the line. There's plenty of Republicans who have concerns about that.