Manganese Nodules: Young or Old?

Jukia

This is great stuff! I am sure you have heard of the fossil hat that was found in a mine in Tasmania.---->http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v17/i3/fossil_hat.asp

About Creationist and how they are treated, just read the story of Dr. Robert Gentry in his Book Creation's Tiny Mystery. The fellow was basically treated like dirt when his findings refuted the Old Earth model.

I have not had th chance to suggest this in a while---Learn some science.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have not had th chance to suggest this in a while---Learn some science.

I have studied the Evolution and old Earth drivel and have rejected it. ;)

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Kent Hovind videos and Chick tracts?

Wrong.

How about Darwin's voyage of the Beagle, High School science courses for the gifted and college biology. I just am not convinced. They are theories anyways. I just don't buy these theories.

Jukia

Wrong.

How about Darwin's voyage of the Beagle, High School science courses for the gifted and college biology. I just am not convinced. They are theories anyways. I just don't buy these theories.

Yes, you are correct. Theories.

A theory in science does not equal a guess. It is the best explanation for the evidence.

Alate_One

Wrong.

Neither High school nor college biology typically address actual evidence for an old earth. High school biology typically avoids covering much evidence for evolution.

Darwin's voyage and the samples he gathered are only the earliest evidence, not the mountain of genetic data we have today. Perhaps you can answer these questions . . .

Does evolution cover the origin of life?

Does evolution proceed through "random accidents"?

Are there transitional fossils?

Does evolution violate the second law of thermodynamics?

Read more here if you wish

Jukia already covered the scientific definition of "theory".

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Face facts, Batgirl. You're a bigot.

Anyone that believes the earth is 10,000 to 6,000 years old has not honestly looked at the evidence. Much like my students claim to have "studied" but can't answer even the simplest questions on the exam.

Anyone who believes fish evolved into people has only followed the crowd and has never seriously considered the reasonable alternative.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Read my post. I've been to college and took college courses.
Classes that I took--Biology 1 and 2. Human Anatomy and Physiology 1, 2 and 3. Chemistry 1 and 2. I been up to my elbows in human cadaver. I was going to be a respiratory therapist until I was barred from it for health reasons. So after recovery I married and decided to switch careers. I became an Avionics technician--more college courses. The more education I got the less convinced I became of the Darwin model.

Because someone accepts a theory be it, Darwinism or Creationism, does not mean the person is ignorant or stupid. They are both theories, neither of which can really be proven as fact. The evidence can be interpreted either way depending on your viewpoint.

Because you have to attack someone's character by accusing them of dishonesty tells me there is something wrong.

I just do not accept any theory that excludes God or lessens Him. I take God at His Word. All else in secondary.

WizardofOz

Let me ask you this. If something was found to be an artifact from say Noah's Ark, how would you test that material to determine its age?

If Noah's Ark was found, how could it be proven to be Noah's Ark?

Alate_One

Face facts, Batgirl. You're a bigot.
No, Stripe you're someone that can't handle facts. Someone that namecalls and obfuscates instead of having a rational discussion with someone that has actual evidence to discuss.

Anyone who believes fish evolved into people has only followed the crowd and has never seriously considered the reasonable alternative.
And the "reasonable alternative" is what? Humans descend from two people created 6000 years ago? I've already explained the evidence that shows that to be impossible save supernatural falsification of evidence.

Alate_One

Read my post. I've been to college and took college courses.
That doesn't mean you've "studied evolution". I went to college and took college courses but I didn't really "study" evolution until the later part of my graduate program. I probably would have told you that I "studied" it before that as well.

Classes that I took--Biology 1 and 2. Human Anatomy and Physiology 1, 2 and 3. Chemistry 1 and 2. I been up to my elbows in human cadaver.
You likely had a brief coverage of evolution in biology. The other classes, while informative, don't really touch on evolution much.

However, if you've had anatomy and physiology you should be able to sink your teeth into this article.

I was going to be a respiratory therapist until I was barred from it for health reasons. So after recovery I married and decided to switch careers. I became an Avionics technician--more college courses. The more education I got the less convinced I became of the Darwin model.
And avionics has absolutely nothing to do with evolution. I'm not saying you're stupid, or uneducated I'm saying that you haven't looked into evolution as much as you think you have.

They are both theories, neither of which can really be proven as fact.
Sigh. Science doesn't "prove things as fact" in general. A theory is a unifying EXPLANATION of observations from a wide range of disciplines and is the highest form of certainty in science.

The evidence can be interpreted either way depending on your viewpoint.
Science isn't "just a matter of interpretation". Is lift generation over a wing just a "matter of interpretation"?

I just do not accept any theory that excludes God or lessens Him. I take God at His Word. All else in secondary.
If you refuse to accept evolution because of what you believe about scripture that is fine, but don't pretend that it's because you actually looked at the evidence.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, Stripe you're someone that can't handle facts. Someone that namecalls and obfuscates instead of having a rational discussion with someone that has actual evidence to discuss.
A bigot and a liar.

And the "reasonable alternative" is what? Humans descend from two people created 6000 years ago?
Yip. The maths shows this to be a far more reasonable idea than your lunacy.

If you refuse to accept evolution because of what you believe about scripture that is fine, but don't pretend that it's because you actually looked at the evidence.

Bigot.

Last edited:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh, math, soo sciency. Thanks Stripe.

We know you're not overly fond of interesting or helpful posts, Jukia, but it sure would make for a nice surprise. :chuckle:

Jukia

We know you're not overly fond of interesting or helpful posts, Jukia, but it sure would make for a nice surprise. :chuckle:

You misjudge me Stripo. I am very fond of interesting or helpful or technically accurate posts. Yours simply are none of those.

I suggest you take a look back at post #152 in this thread. I actually did some research into Pastor Bob's claims as originally posted here and determined he was "misinformed".

Alate_One

A bigot and a liar.
That's all you can do is call names. You have no evidence.

Yip. The maths shows this to be a far more reasonable idea than your lunacy.
Your "maths" are the lunacy here. You have 91 people on the entire planet 5000 years ago, when the pyramids were built. :kookoo: And you have more than the current population of the planet 300 years ago. Population growth isn't a simple linear curve with a constant growth rate. We know this is true for population growth in recorded history.

worldpopgr.gif

Your "reasonable alternative" is nonsense. :loser: