MAGA Hats And The Easily-Triggered Left

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Daily Wire :thumb:

WALSH: Nathan Phillips Is A Bully

All of the scorn, contempt, and outrage has been targeted at a bunch of children from a private school in Kentucky. If you were following mainstream media reports about the Covington Catholic incident in DC over the weekend, you may well forget that actual adults were also involved in the altercation.

A group of adults who call themselves the Black Hebrew Israelites kicked things off by shouting ethnic, racial, and anti-gay slurs at the students. The Left has focused entirely on rebuking the kids for their reaction to the taunts. Somehow the adults who made the taunts have escaped criticism. This, of course, is madness. But the BHI bullies are not even the biggest villains of the story. That honor goes to Nathan Phillips, Native American elder. Let's review how this courageous hero, this advocate of peace and unity, has conducted himself:

Phillips inserted himself into a tense situation where children were being taunted and mocked by grown men. Phillips, rather than coming to the defense of the kids, instead invaded their space and began playing his drum in their faces. Immediately after the incident, in which he had involved himself by his own volition, he ran to the media and blatantly lied about the kids. He said that they surrounded him and wouldn't let him leave. Video evidence proves this to be a lie. He says they chanted "build that wall," which, again, video evidence contradicts. He tried to further provoke them and when he failed, he defamed them instead.

Okay, you think, maybe the man was just having a bad day. His behavior on Saturday was certainly bizarre, dishonest, and manipulative, but perhaps he'll think better of it in the morning. Not so much. While his lies result in death threats and bomb scares, and these kids now live in fear of physical reprisals, and their school can't even hold classes because of the hysteria he created, Phillips has only doubled and tripled down on his original slander. In various interviews (the man can't get enough of the spotlight), he has called the boys a "lynch mob" and "beasts" and "beastly" and "scary." He accused them of "looking for their pound of flesh." I remind you, these boys and their families are getting death threats. Nathan Phillips, the wise elder, just continues to pour gasoline on the fire.

The media tells us that Phillips is just a kind old man who wants peace and understanding and harmony. Well, he has a funny way of showing it. Originally he turned down an offer to sit and break bread with the Covington students. Now he says he'll come, but only to lecture the students and their parents about cultural appropriation. Meanwhile, he thinks the kids should possibly be expelled. He also wants various staff and administrators fired.

And then the cherry on the sundae: Phillips says that the Black Israelites were "saying some harsh things but some of it was true." Which parts were true, Mr. Phillips? The parts where they called Native Americans "totem pole worshipers"? Or where they shouted "f*ggot"? Or where they called a black student at the school a "coon"? Or where they called the children "incest babies" and "future school shooters"? Nathan Phillips has taken the side of avowed racists who verbally assaulted a bunch of kids. Whatever credibility he had is now gone. Considering he had none at all, his credibility account has hit negative. He's racking up overdraft penalties as we speak.

The media has canonized some absurdly unworthy characters in the past. This may be the most glaring example yet. Nathan Phillips is no hero. He is a bully.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/42509/walsh-nathan-phillips-bully-matt-walsh

ok doser

the only criticism i would have with the daily wire article is the claim that this old fool had any credibility to begin with - the msm tried to invest him with credibility by constantly referring to him as a "native elder" and a "vietnam veteran", neither of which necessarily confers credibility or respect imo - that has to be earned and earned by one's actions. Phillips' actions put the lie to the idea that he ever deserved credibility

ok doser

other headlines from the Daily Wire page:

Lawyer For Covington Kids Threatens To Sue NYT For 'Obvious Libel'; People Line Up To Help yay! :first:

Journalist Fired After Wanting Covington Catholic Students And Their Parents 'To Die' yay! :first:

SNL Writer Offers (oral sex) To Anyone Who Will Punch The 'MAGA Kid In The Face' :doh:

and the first (winning) response is....

"Great...the kid just punched himself in the face........."

:darwinsm:

this guy's a better writer than the dumb chick :thumb:

ok doser

the soon to be fired SNL writer:

"oh yes the kid who was marching against women’s reproductive rights while wearing a hat promoting an evil homophobic racist misogynistic sociopath was TOTALLY misrepresented," she later tweeted.

these poor insane psychopaths are absolutely triggered by that hat :(

:idea: time to order a bunch from amazon! :banana:

ok doser

Chicago Tribune goes full retard:
Yes, there's blame to go around — chaperones, where were you? — but those Covington school kids are no heroes

Upon further review, my initial ruling stands: Those boys from Covington Catholic High School were acting like jerks.

You’ve seen the videos by now of the unsettling confrontation Friday between a smirking, MAGA-hatted teen staring down a weathered, drum-beating Native American man near the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. The tribal elder is singing. The boy’s classmates are standing nearby laughing, mocking and taunting....

... Folks, this is what’s called “gaslighting” — an attempt to persuade us not to believe our own perceptions, in this case what the multiple videos plainly show. There is no mistaking the smug condescension and lack of respect in Sandmann’s expression and the confrontational defiance in how he alone stood his ground as Phillips approached.

You don’t defuse a tense situation by simpering at someone and staring him down.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...rican-phillips-blame-0123-20190122-story.html

what

a

moron :doh:

notice his focus on the hat

another clearly insane leftist, impervious to rationality or evidence :nono:

ok doser

Is it irresponsible to sell a MAGA hat to a child, knowing that there are insane people who will be triggered by it?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As representatives of a Christian school, these boys should be presenting a Christian message, not wearing a hat that represents an unrepentant secular humanist.

I can't get excited when the progressive left takes on the Libertarian left. The hat that these students wore represents the Libertarian left, which Donald Trump currently is the leader of.

You consider Catholics Christian? I didn't think you did.

A lot of conservatives believe that America needs to be made great again. I know quite a few who do.

ok doser

Short skirts and MAGA hats: They were asking for it

According to a British study from 2010, one-third of Londoners blame rape victims for dressing provocatively. And the study found that women were substantially less forgiving than men in evaluating whether a victim is to blame for her own assault.

The trope is as old as time, lambasting a victim because her skirt was too short, and surely she was asking for it. In a now infamous incident from 2011, a Toronto cop told a group of female students, "Women should avoid dressing like sluts in order not to be victimized." Just months later, women reclaimed the narrative and leaned into the worst of victim blaming, and thus, the "SlutWalk" was born.

Execution aside, the general sentiment embodies the best of shamelessness. But victim-blaming has persisted, and it's now staked out a new territory: the political.

As exculpatory details unfold about a now-viral encounter between a group of MAGA-capped high schoolers, Native American activists, and Black Israelites, some media personalities — yours truly included — have apologized for sharing a dishonest version of events without fact-checking the story first. But a few have doubled down, impugning the kids — not for harassing the Native Americans, which they can no longer claim happened based on the evidence, but for being white boys at a pro-life rally and, most importantly, wearing those red "Make America Great Again" hats.

The same society that continues to blame women for their own rapes based on their clothing or alcohol consumption now blames children for the public harassment they receive for wearing the red hat.

... MAGA hats are widely perceived as indicating support for racist policies

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/short-skirts-and-maga-hats-they-were-asking-for-it

:doh:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
i forgot you were south of indy :thumb:

the news this morning said the weather was bad down there and other schools were closed too

i went back for a nap, waiting for it to warm up outside here - it was -16 overnight, around 0 when i was posting this morning and its worked its way up to a balmy 11 degrees now :banana:

Tonight's local news reported that the school is closed indefinitely, until the police determine that the school is safe for students. There are still death threats and bomb threats coming into the school. The parents have also been doxxed and threatened at home and their employers threatened with death unless the parents are fired.

ok doser

Tonight's local news reported that the school is closed indefinitely, until the police determine that the school is safe for students. There are still death threats and bomb threats coming into the school. The parents have also been doxxed and threatened at home and their employers threatened with death unless the parents are fired.

the senate intelligence committee is looking into the source of the original tweets - haven't really followed that story, apparently it originated in Brazil

maybe they'll get around to addressing the homegrown death threats and threats of violence as well

seems to me those would fall under the heading of "domestic terrorism" wouldn't they?

ok doser

and more of the story - when Phillips failed to get the desired reaction from Sandmann and the CovCath boys, he went looking for trouble elsewhere:

Nathan Phillips rally attempted to disrupt Mass at DC’s National Shrine

Washington D.C., Jan 22, 2019 / 03:58 pm (CNA).- While chanting and playing ceremonial drums, a group of Native American rights activists reportedly led by Nathan Phillips attempted Jan. 19 to enter Washington, D.C.’s Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception during a Saturday evening Mass.

The group of 20 demonstrators was stopped by shrine security as it tried to enter the church during its 5:15 pm Vigil Mass, according to a shrine security guard on duty during the Mass.

“It was really upsetting,” the guard told CNA.

“There were about twenty people trying to get in, we had to lock the doors and everything.”

The guard said the incident was a disappointment during a busy and joyful weekend for the shrine.

“We had hundreds and hundreds of people from all over the country come here to celebrate life, to celebrate each other together. That a protest tried to come inside during Mass was really the worst.”

The guard told CNA the situation was “tense.”

“I’m just really grateful that nothing too bad happened, they were really angry.”

A source close to the shrine’s leadership corroborated the security guard’s account, telling CNA that during the Mass, Phillips and the group tried to enter the church while playing drums and chanting, and were prohibited from entering the building by security personnel, who locked the main basilica doors with the congregation still inside....

The security guard told CNA that the incident was especially distressing given that Mass was underway.

“It’s a house of worship, a place of prayer where people come to celebrate. All this anger is so against what we are all about here.”

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/...-to-disrupt-mass-at-dcs-national-shrine-91038

ok doser

Surely this incident will be discussed in the next CNN interview of this "peace-loving native elder vietnam vet"

right?

right?

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
covington1.JPG

Exhibit A: Covington basketball squad

You'll notice that they are throwing those 'ok' signs and striking 't poses' which, while not actually meaning anything, were claimed by some liberals to be symbols of white supremacy.
The issue I take here isn't with those signs in and of themselves, but rather that they are right in the middle of a stadium throwing it at everyone.

That tells me basically that they are the instigating type and really just confirms my former suspicions- I don't thin it's merely incidental at all that they just happened to be approached by a band of angry nuts. I don't really see anyone innocent here, and people should be more honest about it.

ok doser

covington1.JPG

Exhibit A: Covington basketball squad

You'll notice that they are throwing those 'ok' signs and striking 't poses' which, while not actually meaning anything, were claimed by some liberals to be symbols of white supremacy.
The issue I take here isn't with those signs in and of themselves, but rather that they are right in the middle of a stadium throwing it at everyone.

That tells me basically that they are the instigating type and really just confirms my former suspicions- I don't thin it's merely incidental at all that they just happened to be approached by a band of angry nuts. I don't really see anyone innocent here, and people should be more honest about it.

see the guy in the background on the right sitting down?

i can read lips and it's obvious he's saying something horribly racist