ECT MADs Are Weird...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
What are MADS

Mid Acts Dispensationalists.

Basically, it's a belief that only certain books need to be accounted for in the Bible- the very KJV Bible (the are KJV only)- and that this not only nullifies the need for any denomination or structure of doctrine, but I'm almost sure they don't do Communion either among other things.

The way I see it, there's Reformed and there's Catholic beliefs. But that's just me, I don't understand why it has to be so complicated.

Danoh

Basically, it's a belief that only certain books need to be accounted for in the Bible- the very KJV Bible (the are KJV only)- and that this not only nullifies the need for any denomination or structure of doctrine, but I'm almost sure they don't do Communion either among other things.

The way I see it, there's Reformed and there's Catholic beliefs. But that's just me, I don't understand why it has to be so complicated.

I doubt I've read a more clueless post.

fzappa13

In college I went toe to toe with the best on the various philosophers, etc.

Spent some time with the likes of Pulitzer Prize winning playwrights, Arthur Miller and David Mamet.

Wore the latest clothes, etc.

Wined and dinned in the best of places.

My brains got me all that.

Left it's importance behind.

Having said that, I find the Mid-Acts Bible student a bit more astute than the seminary trained Pastor.

There is a huge difference between preparing a message based simply on a great deal of time in the Bible, and doing so surrounded by commentaries.

The Bible is it's own best commentary.

At the risk of offending some, I find that in most of Mid-Acts on here. Their acumen is higher. I say that while differing with them in my own understanding on some things.

Conclude what you will. In caps, even :rotfl:

Mirror, mirror on the wall ...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
What are the instructions? How often should we do it? Is it ok to use grape juice?

Communion is an orthodox tradition. Every proper church has a standard for communion and when to do it.

And
It doesn't have to be wine, but, grape juice is not holier just because it has no alcohol. The Methodists tried to pull that out of their hat back in the 1800's when ol' Welch found a way to mass produce grape juice without it spoiling.

Danoh

Communion is an orthodox tradition. Every proper church has a standard for communion and when to do it.

And
It doesn't have to be wine, but, grape juice is not holier just because it has no alcohol. The Methodists tried to pull that out of their hat some two hundred years ago.

As I said, you misrepresented MADs.

fzappa13

I mean, regardless of just about any Scriptural topic you might throw at them; you sit down to discuss it with them and not only do they right away want to go by the Scripture, but know where all the verses are without having to break much of a sweat.

Memorizing the 2 dozen verses necessary to get your MAD club password and decoder ring isn't exactly a herculean feat. Now, if you really want to impress somebody, read the O.T.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Do you keep and observe all that the Jewish Pharisee says to keep and observe? Why or why not.

Matthew 23

1Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, 2 saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do.

Danoh

Memorizing the 2 dozen verses necessary to get your MAD club password and decoder ring isn't exactly a herculean feat. Now, if you really want to impress somebody, read the O.T.

Hah, I know where that's going - once more.

Should I answer that I've read the entire Bible, or how many times I have, you'll just come back with "mirror, mirror on the wall," once more.

This is why those such as you haven't a clue where some others are coming from - you can't even keep track of and or remember what one was actually responding to :rotfl:

Fact is, some of you have no business attempting to correct anyone - you go by what you on the spot make up about how one thing or another is supposed to work.

The Corinthians had your exact problem - "carried away by dumb idols even as ye were led."

fzappa13

Basically, it's a belief that only certain books need to be accounted for in the Bible ...

Maybe better said certain parts of certain books. They are big on Paul until he says something contradictory to MAD at which point they insist the Apostle to the Gentiles is addressing the Jews.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Do you keep and observe all that the Jewish Pharisee says to keep and observe? Why or why not.

Matthew 23

1Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, 2 saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do.

Jesus taught not to follow the Pharisees, but him. The message here was simply to not revolt against them.

He uses the terminology 'Moses' seat', which extends to 'Peter's seat' in Rome. In the same way the Pharisees made spectacles of themselves, so did the popes thereafter.

And
I do not understand how any of that is relevant.