ECT MADists don't follow Paul

Interplanner

You're a bore, an ignorant one who has had six quarts of stupid poured on him.. I'd rather pound sand then to continue with you in your line of silliness.

Well, he did make them separate from the nature religions of the area. There was judgement due upon them, yet not everything that could have been judged was.

But when the fulness of the Gospel came, the emphasis was not on separation, as Judaism thought. So even though there are these kinds of verses, Paul is still more concerned with the tendency in Judaism to exclude the nations rather than be conduits of the blessing of the Gospel as missionaries.

Cross Reference

Well, he did make them separate from the nature religions of the area. There was judgement due upon them, yet not everything that could have been judged was.

But when the fulness of the Gospel came, the emphasis was not on separation, as Judaism thought. So even though there are these kinds of verses, Paul is still more concerned with the tendency in Judaism to exclude the nations rather than be conduits of the blessing of the Gospel as missionaries.

Why are we not told plainly?

"He charged them that they should tell no man what things they had seen, till the Son of man were risen from the dead." Mark 9:9.

Say nothing until the Son of man is risen in you—until the life of the risen Christ so dominates you that you understand what the historic Christ taught. When you get to the right state on the inside, the word which Jesus has spoken is so plain that you are amazed you did not see it before. You could not understand it before, you were not in the place in disposition where it could be borne.

Our Lord does not hide these things; they are unbearable until we get into a fit condition of spiritual life. “I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.” There must be communion with His risen life before a particular word can be borne by us. Do we know anything about the impartation of the risen life of Jesus? The evidence that we do is that His word is becoming interpretable to us. God cannot reveal anything to us if we have not His Spirit. An obstinate outlook will effectually hinder God from revealing anything to us. If we have made up our minds about a doctrine, the light of God will come no more to us on that line, we cannot get it. This obtuse stage will end immediately His resurrection life has its way with us.

“Tell no man …”—so many do tell what they saw on the mount of transfiguration. They have had the vision and they testify to it, but the life does not tally with it, the Son of man is not yet risen in them. I wonder when He is going to be formed in you and in me? . . . Chambers

How important can this be for our understanding the sameness between Jesus and Paul?

Interplanner

"He charged them that they should tell no man what things they had seen, till the Son of man were risen from the dead." Mark 9:9.

Say nothing until the Son of man is risen in you—until the life of the risen Christ so dominates you that you understand what the historic Christ taught. When you get to the right state on the inside, the word which Jesus has spoken is so plain that you are amazed you did not see it before. You could not understand it before, you were not in the place in disposition where it could be borne.

Our Lord does not hide these things; they are unbearable until we get into a fit condition of spiritual life. “I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.” There must be communion with His risen life before a particular word can be borne by us. Do we know anything about the impartation of the risen life of Jesus? The evidence that we do is that His word is becoming interpretable to us. God cannot reveal anything to us if we have not His Spirit. An obstinate outlook will effectually hinder God from revealing anything to us. If we have made up our minds about a doctrine, the light of God will come no more to us on that line, we cannot get it. This obtuse stage will end immediately His resurrection life has its way with us.

“Tell no man …”—so many do tell what they saw on the mount of transfiguration. They have had the vision and they testify to it, but the life does not tally with it, the Son of man is not yet risen in them. I wonder when He is going to be formed in you and in me? . . . Chambers

How important can this be for our understanding the sameness between Jesus and Paul?

Why are we not told what plainly? It is pretty clear that all the world was to be reached with a message of redemption. It is not clear how the law would fit that.

Cross Reference

Why are we not told what plainly? It is pretty clear that all the world was to be reached with a message of redemption. It is not clear how the law would fit that.

Re "redemption": I agree with you. Being sufficiently prepared to explain it is what Jesus' admonishment was all about. Enter the new birth from above at a predetermined time for His Disciples, that would enable them to advance their understanding. See John 20:21-22 KJV.

Side note: Jesus is the LAW because He fulfilled it to make it humanly possible to have it eternally established in one's heart.

Cross Reference

His resurrection destiny

"Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into His glory?"
Luke 24:26.

Our Lord’s Cross is the gateway into His life: His Resurrection means that He has power now to convey His life to me. When I am born again from above, I receive from the risen Lord His very life.

Our Lord’s Resurrection destiny is to bring “many sons unto glory.” The fulfilling of His destiny gives Him the right to make us sons and daughters of God. We are never in the relationship to God that the Son of God is in; but we are brought by the Son into the relation of sonship. When Our Lord rose from the dead, He rose to an absolutely new life, to a life He did not live before He was incarnate. He rose to a life that had never been before; and His resurrection means for us that we are raised to His risen life, not to our old life. One day we shall have a body like unto His glorious body, but we can know now the efficacy of His resurrection and walk in newness of life. “I would know Him in the power of His resurrection.”

“As Thou hast given Him power over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as Thou hast given Him.” “Holy Spirit” is the experiential name for Eternal Life working in human beings here and now. The Holy Spirit is the Deity in proceeding power Who applies the Atonement to our experience. Thank God it is gloriously and majestically true that the Holy Ghost can work in us the very nature of Jesus if we will obey Him. . . . . Oswald Chambers

See what I mean?

Right Divider

Body part

Perverting the scripture is a grievous thing to do!

That verse (Mark 9:9) says NOTHING of the sort (as you pervert it). It is speaking of Jesus' OWN PHYSICAL resurrection and that you can think otherwise shows what an unbeliever and scripture perverter you are! You're getting a promotion to Perverter of Scripture.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

That verse (Mark 9:9) says NOTHING of the sort (as you pervert it). It is speaking of Jesus' OWN PHYSICAL resurrection and that you can think otherwise shows what an unbeliever and scripture perverter you are! You're getting a promotion to Perverter of Scripture.

And what happened AFTER His resurrection that directly affected His Disciples that their relationship with God was eternally changed?

Cross Reference

Don't try to change the subject you scripture twister.
You mean: "Don't try to bring understanding to my already made up and snapped shut mind by anything that even smacks of correction to it. I like my life as it is, thank you".

Personally, I believe I just nailed it shut. <Right Divider my __ >

Right Divider

Body part
You mean: "Don't try to bring understanding to my already made up and snapped shut mind by anything that even smacks of correction to it. I like my life as it is, thank you".

Personally, I believe I just nailed it shut. <Right Divider my __ >
No, don't change the subject actually means don't change the subject. But with your inability to understand anything at all, I can see why you're confused.

Right Divider

Body part
I'm not confused, dude. You have no foundation upon which your mind might function . . and yer on a roll to keep it that way.
You have repeatedly shown yourself to be totally confused and your denial does not change that one bit.

Your completely confused and contrived understanding of Mark 9:9 is a great example.

Danoh

You have repeatedly shown yourself to be totally confused and your denial does not change that one bit.

Your completely confused and contrived understanding of Mark 9:9 is a great example.

Thing is; he actually believes he is on to something sound - I mean, talk about delusional :chuckle:

Interplanner

Whoa guys, I didn't realize that Chambers was being used to sort this out. No can do. Chambers writes devotional material that has very little to do with historic reality of what was going on. Everything has a 'spiritual' application to Chambers no matter what. This is not an orderly way of doing things.

Notice that when the Elijah discussion came up, Christ said that what happened to the Elijah he was referring to was 'just as it was written.' There's a hermeneutic twist for you! If that is 'just as it was written' guess what about the 'Israel' Paul was referring to? So we see that we have Christ and Paul on the same page after all!

Cross Reference

Whoa guys, I didn't realize that Chambers was being used to sort this out. No can do. Chambers writes devotional material that has very little to do with historic reality of what was going on. Everything has a 'spiritual' application to Chambers no matter what. This is not an orderly way of doing things.

Notice that when the Elijah discussion came up, Christ said that what happened to the Elijah he was referring to was 'just as it was written.' There's a hermeneutic twist for you! If that is 'just as it was written' guess what about the 'Israel' Paul was referring to? So we see that we have Christ and Paul on the same page after all!

And?? Where is the error?

Right Divider

Body part
There are many on this forum that will twist the scripture into a pretzel to make their "spiritual" application of everything meet their "needs".

For the fifty billionth time, the NEW revelation that God gave to Paul did NOT cancel everything that came before and Paul DID confirm those things. This does NOT means that Paul ONLY taught the same things.

How hard is it to understand this?

The kingdom of heaven WILL come and when it does there will be NO NEED to "spiritualize" the scriptures to make them "fit".

Interplanner

There are many on this forum that will twist the scripture into a pretzel to make their "spiritual" application of everything meet their "needs".

For the fifty billionth time, the NEW revelation that God gave to Paul did NOT cancel everything that came before and Paul DID confirm those things. This does NOT means that Paul ONLY taught the same things.

How hard is it to understand this?

The kingdom of heaven WILL come and when it does there will be NO NEED to "spiritualize" the scriptures to make them "fit".

The apostles decided on 4 things to ask of the Gentile believers. If canceled does not describe the hundreds of other things, what term do you use?

The reign of God has come and will be in the form it is until the day of judgement. There are no upcoming events in Israel and no theocracy. It is not a kingdom in the sense of a state or civil admininstration. When the day of judgement takes place, this world becomes the NHNE of 2 Peter 3.

I was not speaking hermeneutically about Chambers. He has some good things to say about Christian growth etc. But he is not a lexical, archeological kind of guy. Every word, moment, passage of the Bible has a 'devotional' stone to overturn, in his view.