ECT MADists don't follow Paul

Right Divider

Body part
What dictionary? What commentaries? I knew you couldn't recognize truth when you read it but, scripture??
You did a "word search" for grace in the Bible and thought that you "proved" something.

Paul was given a period of time to preach Jesus christ, PERIOD, . . . pun intended.
Paul was given A DISPENSATION OF THE GOSPEL (Eph 3:2). Apparently you have NOT HEARD.

I am nothing like GT and everyone here can see that.

Now, on the other hand, you and GT have LOTS in common.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
What dictionary? What commentaries? I knew you couldn't recognize truth when you read it but, scripture??

Paul was given a period of time to preach Jesus christ, PERIOD, . . . pun intended.

RD = gt.

mmmm hmmmm.......:)

He has more in common with her than not.:cheers:

Last edited:

Interplanner

You did a "word search" for grace in the Bible and thought that you "proved" something.

Paul was given A DISPENSATION OF THE GOSPEL (Eph 3:2). Apparently you have NOT HEARD.

I don't think the idea is that Paul was given a dispensation and no one else. He meant that a dispensation came into existence, or at least started manifesting. Grace could still be and was there before it. But the time of grace / day of salvation comes to the forefront in Christ and the purpose of the previous dispensation retreats.

Right Divider

Body part
I don't think the idea is that Paul was given a dispensation and no one else. He meant that a dispensation came into existence, or at least started manifesting. Grace could still be and was there before it. But the time of grace / day of salvation comes to the forefront in Christ and the purpose of the previous dispensation retreats.
Paul most certainly uses the language of singularity.

Eph 3:2 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:2) If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Col 1:25 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:25) Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

A rather bold claim to FULFILL THE WORD OF GOD.

Cross Reference

(3:2) If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is [now] given me to you-ward:

Col 1:25 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:25) Whereof I am [now] made a minister, according to the *dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

When did 'they' hear of the grace of God for salvation before Paul that he merely "reminds" them of to prepare them for what would be forthcoming from him for a *period of time alloted him by God??

[emphasis mine]

Cross Reference

Yes, I did and it did. The fact you rejected it all is no reason for unbelief but merely a symptom of it.

Paul was given a period of time to dispense the gospel of Jesus Christ, the saving grace of God personified.. What is your problem with that understanding?

Sorry, but that denial says nothing more than she would say.

Nice try but, no cigar.

Interplanner

Yes, I did and it did. The fact you rejected it all is no reason for unbelief but merely a symptom of it.

Paul was given a period of time to dispense the gospel of Jesus Christ, the saving grace of God personified.. What is your problem with that understanding?

Sorry, but that denial says nothing more than she would say.

Nice try but, no cigar.

The expression 'the dispensation of the Gospel of grace' is not meant to be confined to Paul's work alone, nor to a segment of his work alone. As you know from 2 Cor he often speaks in the collective plural about those proclaiming the Gospel because he meant any one who was. Those who believe in God from a Judaistic background like him, have 'turned a corner' in which it is now clear what the OT was about, and that is very different from what Judaism--especially post-exilic Judaism--thought.

Interplanner

More childish comments, just like GT.

God gave Paul a dispensation of the gospel.

He certainly had a key role, but no, he did not give Paul a dispensation of the Gospel per se. He did enact one in Christ, but it did not hinge on Paul, nor was Paul the only one who knew. Paul usually speaks in the collective plural about all those who preach it, for ex., 2 Cor.

God did not give Paul a dispensation of the Gospel any more than he gave Moses a dispensation of the law. These are actually ages of time, and we know from Gal 4 why the Law was enacted as such (there are scholars who say it is one of several affirming most of the same tenets but still unlike the Gospel as far as how founding principles go. This is why so many similar laws can be found around the world, as in Lewis THE ABOLITION OF MAN, appendix on 'The Tao.'). So the 'world' in 'weak and miserable elements of the world' is wider than Judaism.

If you think about biblical history in its most succinct form you have: a very quick lapse into widespread, grievous evil;
followed by the deluge punishment;
followed by the Law as a shadow or tutorial about Christ;
followed by the current Messianic age of maturity in Christ.

We do not have the type of violent, degenerate evil of the predeluge period, nor do we have the child-trainer aspect of the Law, but we do have (even if uncredited) a general world situation where there is a relatively high value on person and property. The tipping point of course will be if the world thinks it is based on human choice or government rather than on a distinct God, because if it is human choice it all comes down to large government who can shift it around as they please. In that sense, 'God is not good' unless it is the distinct Creator on whom dignity and property are based.

Right Divider

Body part
He certainly had a key role, but no, he did not give Paul a dispensation of the Gospel per se. He did enact one in Christ, but it did not hinge on Paul, nor was Paul the only one who knew. Paul usually speaks in the collective plural about all those who preach it, for ex., 2 Cor.
Per se? LOL

You say that He didn't but Paul says that He did. I believe the Bible.

(3:2) If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

If you would like to show us all where any other apostle makes this claim, that would be great.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
We are not the dispensors of God's grace! We can't do what only God can do. What does that say about your relationship with Him when equating yourself with Him.
You're really annoying, where did anybody say we are the dispensers of God's grace ? We are living in the dispensation of grace given first to Paul. Try to make some sense when you post.

Interplanner

Per se? LOL

You say that He didn't but Paul says that He did. I believe the Bible.

If you would like to show us all where any other apostle makes this claim, that would be great.

2 Cor 3-5, the ministers of the new covenant. Don't be splitting hairs on me; its the same thing. The time of salvation has come, the day of grace is upon us.

Look at the whole of 2 Cor, as I said before. The friction with the impostor apostles. They are not offering grace, but "we" are--all those who preach the Gospel.

You really need to get much more background in all the moving parts of the 'machinery'.

Paul always worked in a team. He was always training people to do what he did in other places, too. Look at the opening of I Cor and all the people named there. They were all teaching the grace of God in justification by Christ in the Gospel.