ECT Madism refuted by the Bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Luk 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
Luk 21:35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
Luk 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

LA

Those verses were written to the lost sheep of the House of Israel. That doesn't include you.

Danoh

Grosnick is the best evidence that one should never become MAD like him.

Madists refuse water baptism. That should enough to know they do not have the Spirit of Christ in them and they speak accordingly.

Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? (Paul)arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

LA

Acts 21:26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Follow Paul, Lazy...brink a spray bottle of water and an animal or two...

At the very least, each Pentecost...

You fool - water baptism was one of THEIR "divers washings."

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Nope, Clete, no problem with the actual role of books here either.

Lock me up in a bookstore and movie house, throw away the key; and I'll be just fine with that - I love books of all kinds and read several at a time throughout any given month.

I fight with them and jot notes in them just as often, lol

I - love - books!

And yet, I still prefer just rereading Romans 5 a dozen times. Or Ephesians 1. Or...

As is...

I one time wrote all of the Pauline epistles out by hand. What an amazing way to read the bible! It's now my favorite (partial) copy of the bible!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
My view of Gal 3:17 is entirely a matter of thinking for myself. I know of nothing else Paul could be talking about except Judaism doing the switches he is invalidating there. I don't know any commentary that caught that. All I did was realize the people barking about RT were bludgeoning me and that when I started thinking for myself about Gal 3:17, the RTs were backward to the truth.
I don't know what RTs are but it doesn't matter.

I was answering Danoh's rhetorical question in general terms not making a comment about you personally, although I can understand why you might have thought otherwise.

We all have to be convinced of the truth in our own minds. My point to you is that making appeals to tradition (i.e. history), citing "experts" as evidence (even if that expert is yourself), or declaring something false on the basis of your personal thoughts concerning an issues complexity is not a rationally valid way to allow yourself to become convinced nor attempt to convince anyone else.

Has it ever occurred to you that not all dispensationalists believe the same things? Whatever RTs are, there's no way any rational person rejects dispensationalism on the basis of Galatians 3:17. Galatians 3:17 doesn't come even two whole pages after this...

Galatians 2:7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter 8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles), 9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.​

Any interpretation or understanding of anything said in Galatians 3 that is not consistent with Galatians 2 is a pretext where one is ignoring the context and bringing one's doctrine to the text.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Grosnick is the best evidence that one should never become MAD like him.

Madists refuse water baptism. That should enough to know they do not have the Spirit of Christ in them and they speak accordingly.

Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? (Paul)arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

LA

I've been water baptized twice and attend a Baptist church!

:rotfl:

(I don't disagree with a syllable that GM or Danoh have said on the topic of water baptism.)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Acts 21:26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Follow Paul, Lazy...brink a spray bottle of water and an animal or two...

At the very least, each Pentecost...

You fool - water baptism was one of THEIR "divers washings."

Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't know what RTs are but it doesn't matter.

I was answering Danoh's rhetorical question in general terms not making a comment about you personally, although I can understand why you might have thought otherwise.

We all have to be convinced of the truth in our own minds. My point to you is that making appeals to tradition (i.e. history), citing "experts" as evidence (even if that expert is yourself), or declaring something false on the basis of your personal thoughts concerning an issues complexity is not a rationally valid way to allow yourself to become convinced nor attempt to convince anyone else.

Has it ever occurred to you that not all dispensationalists believe the same things? Whatever RTs are, there's no way any rational person rejects dispensationalism on the basis of Galatians 3:17. Galatians 3:17 doesn't come even two whole pages after this...

Galatians 2:7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter 8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles), 9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.​

Any interpretation or understanding of anything said in Galatians 3 that is not consistent with Galatians 2 is a pretext where one is ignoring the context and bringing one's doctrine to the text.

Resting in Him,
Clete

The gospel to the circumcised is the same gospel to the uncircumcised.

Rom 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.
Rom 2:26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
Rom 2:27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?
Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The gospel to the circumcised is the same gospel to the uncircumcised.

Rom 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.
Rom 2:26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
Rom 2:27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?
Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

You got it wrong again? How do you manage to get everything wrong??

Status
Not open for further replies.