ECT Madism refuted by the Bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Neh 9:7 Thou art the LORD the God, who didst choose Abram, and broughtest him forth out of Ur of the Chaldees, and gavest him the name of Abraham;
Neh 9:8 And foundest his heart faithful before thee, and madest a covenant with him to give the land of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Jebusites, and the Girgashites, to give it, I say, to his seed, and hast performed thy words; for thou art righteous:

LA

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Neh 9:7 Thou art the LORD the God, who didst choose Abram, and broughtest him forth out of Ur of the Chaldees, and gavest him the name of Abraham;
Neh 9:8 And foundest his heart faithful before thee, and madest a covenant with him to give the land of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Jebusites, and the Girgashites, to give it, I say, to his seed, and hast performed thy words; for thou art righteous:

LA

Nope. Those scriptures go well with MAD. All scripture does

God's Truth

Are you all kidding? Those scriptures rebuke Madism perfectly. Those scriptures also rebuke the the Madists beliefs of faith alone.

Just think, Abraham was called righteous BEFORE he was saved.

ABRAHAM was found to be RIGHTEOUS.

Those scriptures disprove faith aloners, Madists, and Calvinists.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What is refuted by that? They would say that's the separate Israel program.

How many times must God do the same thing over and over?

The promises to the descendants of the flesh of Abraham have been kept by God and the ones through the one seed who is Christ in which Abraham is the Father of many nations began when the gospel went out to all nations from Pentecost onward and continues throughout the thousand years.

Where are the prophecies in the NT that the Jews have to build a stone temple again?

There are none, because the Temple of God is Jesus Christ Himself and the church are living stones who together are the House of God of which the OT Temple taught.

LA

Interplanner

How many times must God do the same thing over and over?

The promises to the descendants of the flesh of Abraham have been kept by God and the ones through the one seed who is Christ in which Abraham is the Father of many nations began when the gospel went out to all nations from Pentecost onward and continues throughout the thousand years.

Where are the prophecies in the NT that the Jews have to build a stone temple again?

There are none, because the Temple of God is Jesus Christ Himself and the church are living stones who together are the House of God of which the OT Temple taught.

LA

This is mostly true, however, it is not a case where a prophecy is saying the Jews 'have to' build a temple again, but it might be smart to ALLOW that they might--in their veiled understanding. If they were to do that today, of course, it would trigger many difficult events etc, enough to seem impossible to do. All the same I don't rule it out. I just don't think there are OT passages prognosticating it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is mostly true, however, it is not a case where a prophecy is saying the Jews 'have to' build a temple again, but it might be smart to ALLOW that they might--in their veiled understanding. If they were to do that today, of course, it would trigger many difficult events etc, enough to seem impossible to do. All the same I don't rule it out. I just don't think there are OT passages prognosticating it.

The Jews will build it and the flesh church will be right behind it.

LA

musterion

Neh 9:8 And foundest his heart faithful before Thee, and madest a covenant with him to give the land of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Jebusites, and the Girgashites, to give it, I say, to his seed, and hast performed Thy words; for Thou art righteous:

This disproves it how?

Interplanner

This disproves it how?

By saying those kinds of promises have been fulfilled. And Nehemiah is not the first to say so! God said in Acts 13 that 'David had served God's purpose during his day.' So much for that purpose. All of Biblical history is shaped to get the Gospel as a message circulated to the world widely. It is not to reinstall a Judaistic theocracy.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

LA

Deu 10:22 Thy fathers went down into Egypt with threescore and ten persons; and now the LORD thy God hath made thee as the stars of heaven for multitude.

LA

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Those scriptures also rebuke the the Madists beliefs of faith alone.

Romans 4

What then shall we say that Abraham our father has found according to the flesh? 2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,

Two gospels. One while circumcised, the other is not.

10 How then was it accounted? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised.

And here is the other.

James 2

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

LA
If anyone ever wants to know why I refuse to debate anyone based on proof-texting, the colossally ignorant stupidity displayed by the opening post of this thread is an excellent example of why doing so is a waste of time and here's the proof. I'm going to post a two verses that totally blow up the whole idiotic premise of this thread and it will NOT move ANYONE, most especially the opening post's author, to alter their position or even modify their argument.

Joshua 3:10 And Joshua said, “By this you shall know that the living God is among you, and that He will without fail drive out from before you the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Hivites and the Perizzites and the Girgashites and the Amorites and the Jebusites:

Judges 2:2 Then the Angel of the Lord came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said: “I led you up from Egypt and brought you to the land of which I swore to your fathers; and I said, ‘I will never break My covenant with you. 2 And you shall make no covenant with the inhabitants of this land; you shall tear down their altars.’ But you have not obeyed My voice. Why have you done this? 3 Therefore I also said, ‘I will not drive them out before you; but they shall be thorns in your side, and their gods shall be a snare to you.’”​

Jeremiah 18 is perhaps the most important single chapter in the entire bible. My guess would be that less than half of all Christian alive have ever read it and maybe ten percent of those have done more than skim it over and not one percent of those have allowed it to alter the doctrines that they get taught by the guy behind the pulpit. Pathetic.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jeremiah 18 is perhaps the most important single chapter in the entire bible. My guess would be that less than half of all Christian alive have ever read it and maybe ten percent of those have done more than skim it over and not one percent of those have allowed it to alter the doctrines that they get taught by the guy behind the pulpit. Pathetic.

Resting in Him,
Clete

The Calvinists skip the part of withholding blessing and mention the potter wheel (wrongly) to say God makes people do it. Strange isn't it....

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If anyone ever wants to know why I refuse to debate anyone based on proof-texting, the colossally ignorant stupidity displayed by the opening post of this thread is an excellent example of why doing so is a waste of time and here's the proof. I'm going to post a two verses that totally blow up the whole idiotic premise of this thread and it will NOT move ANYONE, most especially the opening post's author, to alter their position or even modify their argument.

Joshua 3:10 And Joshua said, “By this you shall know that the living God is among you, and that He will without fail drive out from before you the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Hivites and the Perizzites and the Girgashites and the Amorites and the Jebusites:

Judges 2:2 Then the Angel of the Lord came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said: “I led you up from Egypt and brought you to the land of which I swore to your fathers; and I said, ‘I will never break My covenant with you. 2 And you shall make no covenant with the inhabitants of this land; you shall tear down their altars.’ But you have not obeyed My voice. Why have you done this? 3 Therefore I also said, ‘I will not drive them out before you; but they shall be thorns in your side, and their gods shall be a snare to you.’”​

Resting in Him,
Clete

Jer 18:18 Then said they, Come, and let us devise devices against Jeremiah; for the law shall not perish from the priest, nor counsel from the wise, nor the word from the prophet. Come, and let us smite him with the tongue, and let us not give heed to any of his words.

Describes Clete very well.

Proof texting I see.

LA

ClimateSanity

Jer 18:18 Then said they, Come, and let us devise devices against Jeremiah; for the law shall not perish from the priest, nor counsel from the wise, nor the word from the prophet. Come, and let us smite him with the tongue, and let us not give heed to any of his words.

Describes Clete very well.

Proof texting I see.

LA

Hard a heart as Pharaoh's

Status
Not open for further replies.