ECT Mad finds itself in the trash by applying simple logic

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
In your opinion, when someone preached the kingdom gospel what was said?

Thanks!

Do you expect me to cut/paste all of that relevant Scripture? Do the work yourself. I can tell you what The Kingdom Gospel was, however, if you're asking me to look up all relevant Scriptures, I think you're capable of doing that yourself.

Right Divider

Body part
That expression has to do with useless arguements about Levitical vocab in Paul's time. See the passage. The best translation is 'handle properly' meaning--not a specific 'position' but not getting entangled in the wrong definitions of terms from the law, and detracting from unity and from practical truth.
Who decided that that was the "best translation". The self-serving IP?

THIS is the word translated "rightly dividing" in the KJV:
G3718 ὀρθοτομέω orthotomeo (or-tho-to-me'-ō) v.
1. to make a straight cut or slice.
2. (figuratively) to rightly dissect (the divine message); (i.e. discern and explain).
[from a compound of G3717 and the base of G5114]
KJV: rightly divide
Root(s): G3717, G5114
Compare: G873, G1266
See also: G5114
[?]

How do YOU get "handle properly" from that?

Typical IP, know-it-all know-nothing.

Bonus question: What is the "word of truth" in that verse?

Jerry Shugart

Do you expect me to cut/paste all of that relevant Scripture? Do the work yourself. I can tell you what The Kingdom Gospel was, however, if you're asking me to look up all relevant Scriptures, I think you're capable of doing that yourself.

Since you say that you can tell me what the Kingdom gospel was then please tell me.

Thanks!

musterion

That expression has to do with useless arguements about Levitical vocab in Paul's time. See the passage. The best translation is 'handle properly' meaning--not a specific 'position' but not getting entangled in the wrong definitions of terms from the law, and detracting from unity and from practical truth.

Paul used a very specific, unique word, orthotomeo. On the other hand, elsewhere he used at least one other word translated "handle" (as in to touch or manipulate) so if that was the thought he intended to communicate...simply "handling correctly," which would go without saying for Timothy...Paul could have more easily used that one. He didn't.

You are a fabulist, fraud and liar, and an invariably lazy, sloppy one.

Interplanner

Paul used a very specific, unique word, orthotomeo. On the other hand, elsewhere he used at least one other word translated "handle" (as in to touch or manipulate) so if that was the thought he intended to communicate...simply "handling correctly," which would go without saying for Timothy...Paul could have more easily used that one. He didn't.

You are a fabulist, fraud and liar, and an invariably lazy, sloppy one.

Show me all the dispensation, mystery and covenant doctrines discussed in those verses, and you might be worth responding to.

2P2P D'ism was so horribly put together that they were and always have been desperate for jingle verses from the Bible to get people to think they were correct. It still astonishes me that D. Pentecost would write a 3" thick based on using Jn 16's 'things to come' wrongly. Talk about a toxic brain with the distant future on the mind. Jesus was referring to the coming of the Spirit and the church!

musterion

Show me all the dispensation, mystery and covenant doctrines discussed in those verses, and you might be worth responding to.

You totally ignored what I posted, you lightweight juvenile scammer. Typical. Everyone sees you for what you are -- even Tet got too embarrassed to come to your rescue after awhile. Just hang it up already.

Interplanner

You totally ignored what I posted, you lightweight juvenile scammer. Typical. Everyone sees you for what you are -- even Tet got too embarrassed to come to your rescue after awhile. Just hang it up already.

You're quite nervous about this arent' you? A lot invested?

The lead up verses were about people wasting time on definitions of words from the law. That is the clear word picture.

You need to know a rule of thumb about interp: when there is a clear social or concrete situation going on in the text, YOU DON'T FLY AWAY TO DICTIONARIES TO FIND OUT THE 'MEANING'!!!

Danoh

You're quite nervous about this arent' you? A lot invested?

The lead up verses were about people wasting time on definitions of words from the law. That is the clear word picture.

You need to know a rule of thumb about interp: when there is a clear social or concrete situation going on in the text, YOU DON'T FLY AWAY TO DICTIONARIES TO FIND OUT THE 'MEANING'!!!

First of all the MADs on here are not nervous about whatever - that is your nonsense read by you into their assertions.

Rather, the MADs on here are merely being as adamant in their convictions as you are in yours.

THAT is all this is.

Most sides ignorantly play this stupid "other side is up to no good" and or "nervous about this" or "that" card against one another.

And it is time you break down 2 Timothy 2's every passage on here.

The MADs at least do that.

All you EVER do is post an assertion you then expect others to see the supposed reasoning of.

Where is the breakdown of its' every passage leading to this assertion of yours that the issue in 2 Timothy 2 was "about people wasting time on definitions of words from the law"?

That may work fine in books "about" - where one fool reading the fool assertions of another; the one fool neither quoting the passages, the other buying into said fool's assertions without checking the passages himself, but that is not going to fly on a forum where THE BIBLE'S OWN WORDS are explored.

Other than that, you are wasting your time - the MADs on here look at the passages of Scripture.

Other than that, you might as well find a forum where people compare their favorite books "about."

The rules of this forum mention the Bible being the issue - it is time YOU quote IT.

Break down 2 Timothy 2 already, o book worm.