ECT Luke's Parable of Minas

DAN P

That's three questions at once.

1, you have said several times there are several gospels. I don't accept that.

2, yes there is one kingdom of God that arrives; actually it is a reign. To honor the Son as we ought is to live under his reign.

3, the Gospel was hidden in the OT materials, but is seen in Christ. It was not utterly nowhere in the Bible; there are clues and there are things that could only be the Gospel in its pages. But too much of 1st century Judaism thought that the messianic age was going to be achieved through the law, and Paul counters that with 'no it is true and present in the Gospel.'

btw, the NIV of Rom 16 about 'since the beginning of the world' is not reliable. It's simply 'long ages.'

Hi and on #2 , what verse proves it ??

dan p

Interplanner

Dan 2:44 is synced with the end of the 490 years. that's how and why Judaism divided the future between their age and the age of Messiah. But they thought that Messiah would be an 'actual' king... Therefore the NT proclamation 'Jesus is the Christ' is subversive.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Dan 2:44 is synced with the end of the 490 years. that's how and why Judaism divided the future between their age and the age of Messiah. But they thought that Messiah would be an 'actual' king... Therefore the NT proclamation 'Jesus is the Christ' is subversive.
:chuckle:

DAN P

It comes and lasts forever... One kingdom. And it is not Judaic. It relates to the whole world, perhaps the whole universe.

Hi and do you have a verse , other then Dan 2:44 ??

When will it appear "

Who will enter that Kingdom ??

If not Judaic , do you man Gentiles ??

dan p

Last edited:

Interplanner

Hi and do you have a verse , other then Dan 2:44 ??

When will it appear "

Who will enter tjat Kingdom ??

If not Judaic , do you man Gentiles ??

dan p

You mean like all the NT verses? Take your pick.

Or Is 7: the government/kingdom will be on his shoulders. I don't think that refers to the cross, but it does mean he is the foundation of it.

Not Judaic = not an old covenant theocracy in Judea. That is not what is being promised in ch 2 and in ch 9 the vision for the future of Israel is bleak, but not for Messiah and his followers.

DAN P

You mean like all the NT verses? Take your pick.

Or Is 7: the government/kingdom will be on his shoulders. I don't think that refers to the cross, but it does mean he is the foundation of it.

Not Judaic = not an old covenant theocracy in Judea. That is not what is being promised in ch 2 and in ch 9 the vision for the future of Israel is bleak, but not for Messiah and his followers.

Hi and it is the Millenium OR Kingdom of Heaven , MY O MY !!

Do Acts 1:6 neabs any thing ? Acts 2 people are like messed up !!

dan p

Interplanner

But there are a lot of people who think the millenium is an eschatology time slot after 8 other things. They don't think of it as the reign of Christ going on now.

SaulToPaul 2

But there are a lot of people who think the millenium is an eschatology time slot after 8 other things. They don't think of it as the reign of Christ going on now.

Why would I?

I will restore unto you the years the locust have eaten.

Count up the years that Israel was removed from the land.

Interplanner

Why would I?

Because in the Rev, the 'harlot' is stoned (the destruction of Israel) yet the reign of Christ goes on just fine. The wedding inaugurates that and the nations are invited to the table. Those Christians reading that knew that Christ was reigning and had sat down at the right hand of God forever. They knew it was a "Jerusalem" that was above, like the new Israel, that it was full of those who believe, not a place here on earth. They knew that the mission of God open to all people, but launched through Israel, or rather, through Jews, was underway and that was what mattered, not the worship system in the land.

The reign is also stained at the end by the short period of rebellion which the Lord will stop by his word, and then there is the NHNE with the Jerusalem above finally 'landing' in which God and Christ are the temple and the light.

Those are reasons why we should think of Christ reigning now.

The christian belief is not the 'visible' world. It takes courage and daring to believe it and speak about it.

Interplanner

Why would I?

Those of us, jew or gentile, who are believers have been transferred into Christ's kingdom, Col 1. So that is why we would think the kingdom is now and is not something going to be set up in Judea in a few years.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
When Jesus went to heaven He defeated satan. And Jesus received a place a kingdom where He could rule. And it is within each person if that person will submit to His rule and authority. The only thing of any value to Jesus is the Word of God, and if the fruit of our lips are quoting that Word.Verses. Everyone is given a portion of faith, and the understanding of one or more verses. And if we trade talents or understanding with others we can all grown together. If I have one verse, and you have 5 verses. If we trade talents we will both walk away with six.

Heb 13:15
15 Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.
(NKJ)

Luke 17:20-21
20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
21 "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."
(NKJ)

Luke 19:13-27
13 "So he called ten of his servants, delivered to them ten minas, and said to them, 'Do business till I come.'
14 "But his citizens hated him, and sent a delegation after him, saying, 'We will not have this man to reign over us.'
15 "And so it was that when he returned, having received the kingdom, he then commanded these servants, to whom he had given the money, to be called to him, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
16 "Then came the first, saying, 'Master, your mina has earned ten minas.'
17 "And he said to him, 'Well done, good servant; because you were faithful in a very little, have authority over ten cities.'
18 "And the second came, saying, 'Master, your mina has earned five minas.'
19 "Likewise he said to him, 'You also be over five cities.'
20 "Then another came, saying, 'Master, here is your mina, which I have kept put away in a handkerchief.
21 'For I feared you, because you are an austere man. You collect what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.'
22 "And he said to him, 'Out of your own mouth I will judge you, you wicked servant. You knew that I was an austere man, collecting what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow.
23 'Why then did you not put my money in the bank, that at my coming I might have collected it with interest?'
24 "And he said to those who stood by, 'Take the mina from him, and give it to him who has ten minas.'
25 ("But they said to him, 'Master, he has ten minas.')
26 'For I say to you, that to everyone who has will be given; and from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.
27 'But bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me.'"
(NKJ)

Everything Jesus spoke He spoke in parables.

Matt 13:34-35
34 All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them,
35 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: "I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world."
(NKJ)