Love God by keeping his Law

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Once again, you DODGE as per your usual. "The Ten" is NOT the WHOLE law!

And also, so now you are also claiming to be a weekly Saturday sabbath keeper?

I said
To keep the Sabbath or not keep it is everyones personal choice. I don't see any way that someone could criticize that spiritually one way or the other.

[Rom 14:4-5
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems [one] day above another; another esteems every day [alike]. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It is called Book of he Law and was placed beside the Ark of the Covenant.

"Take this Book of the Law and put it beside the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there as a witness against you." (Deuteronomy 31:26)

I said
Thanks

marhig

Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​

Those who think keeping the commandments is what God requires are mistaken. There is a righteousness that covers every single lapse, and that's the righteousness of faith.

If you're looking to the law, you'll be forced to lie to yourself and others that you're righteous. Not a good way to go.
If you have true faith you'll obey God and his commandments.

marhig

Thanks Mr/Mrs Perfect.
Only Christ is perfect, and if he's in the heart, then he will be cleansing and sanctifying through the Spirit and those who belong to him will have their hearts changed and they will be becoming more like father in heaven through Christ. We are not perfect in anyway, but the love of God and the life of Christ should he seen in us as the Spirit cleanses our hearts and makes us just before God. And this can only happen when we obey God and live by his will and turn from the flesh and this world.

Matthew 7

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 12

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Right Divider

Body part
Only Christ is perfect, and if he's in the heart, then he will be cleansing and sanctifying through the Spirit and those who belong to him will have their hearts changed and they will be becoming more like father in heaven through Christ. We are not perfect in anyway, but the love of God and the life of Christ should he seen in us as the Spirit cleanses our hearts and makes us just before God. And this can only happen when we obey God and live by his will and turn from the flesh and this world.

Matthew 7

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 12

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
And YET you believe that Christ was just a man. That is your fundamental problem.

You have a "works righteousness" that will send you to the lake of fire in the end.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Faith-Works-Love (By Themselves they are only principles) But together they are righteousness.

People are trying to make a conclusion out of pieces and parts. It cant be done. Faith alone won't get you to heaven. Works alone won't get you to heaven. Love alone won't get you to heaven. That is the only conclusion.

XXX If all you have to present to God is faith, YOU ARE NOTHING.
1 Cor 13:1-2

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
James 2:14
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
James 2:17-18
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
James 2:24
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Rom 16:26
26 but now has been made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures has been made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith--
(NKJ)

XXX You are saved by grace through faith. But that is NOT SALVATION. Faith only works through love.

Eph 2:8
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
(NKJ)

Luke 6:32-33
32 "But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.
33 "And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.
(NKJ)

xxx Some stand on faith and some stand on works and some stand on love. They are all principles, they have to be together. So many on here are argueing just one point or part of a whole. You need to understand. Faith without works or love is dead. Works without faith or love is vanity. Love without faith or works is useless. Love is NOT AN EMOTION. Love is an action.

So many are running on blind faith. They dont even know what faith is. In reality their useing trust as faith. Their different. Your faith should be in what is written, all of it. But faith alone will NOT get you to heaven. Works alone will NOT get you to heaven. Love alone will not get you to heaven. What you need is the true faith in the Word of God. If you have the true faith in the Word of God you would try your best to do the works that are in the Word. Now love is NOT a feeling but an action. And the only way to learn what Godly love is would be to do the works. That is how you learn what love is by trying to do the works. In the Word that you have put your faith in.

Rom 5:1-4
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;
4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Eph 2:18-20
18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone,
Eph 3:12
12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
(NKJ)

xxx Do you have real faith, or blind faith?? The true faith only works through love. True love is to suffer wrongfully. Your real faith only works when you are suffering wrongfully.

Gal 5:6
6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.
(NKJ)

1 Tim 1:5-6
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
(NKJ)

keypurr

You sound like the temple priests now. They did not understand the Law also.

The Law is spiritual so how can you make a judgement?

keypurr

Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​

Those who think keeping the commandments is what God requires are mistaken. There is a righteousness that covers every single lapse, and that's the righteousness of faith.

If you're looking to the law, you'll be forced to lie to yourself and others that you're righteous. Not a good way to go.

Faith without works is DEAD.

One must practice their faith.

glorydaz

Faith without works is DEAD.

One must practice their faith.

That's law, Keypurr....not Grace.

Grace says God will conform us into His image.
Grace says we are to trust in Him to perform His work in us.

Grace demands rest without any reliance on ourselves.

As long as you say you MUST do so and so, you're looking to the wrong ONE.

glorydaz

I said
I hope you understand that faith without works is dead faith.

[Jas 2:24, 26
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. ...
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

[1Co 13:2
2 And though I have [the gift of] prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

Are you calling love a work? We can't muster up love. It must be shed abroad on our hearts by the Holy Spirit. Romans 5:5

FYI....We are saved by GRACE through faith. Therefore when Grace is accessed by faith, faith is never alone. Do you notice that we are saved by grace through faith...not of ourselves? Grace is what you're leaving out.

Eph. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Now notice.

Eph. 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.​

Works are a RESULT of being saved, and that not through our own efforts, but because we are God's workmanship. Those "works" that have been ordained are manifestations of the fruit of the Holy Spirit. They are His and we walk in them.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
GRACE -UNSOLICITED MERCY-NEW TESTAMENT-THE LAW OF CHRIST

Gal 4:4-5
4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law,
5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
Eph 2:8
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
John 1:14
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
John 1:16-17
16 And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace.
17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
Acts 15:11
11 "But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they."
Acts 20:32
32 "So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.
Rom 1:5-6
5 Through Him we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for His name,
6 among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ;
Rom 3:24
24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
Rom 4:16
16 Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all
Rom 5:1-2
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Rom 5:15
15 But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man's offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.
Gal 3:16
16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, "And to seeds," as of many, but as of one, "And to your Seed," who is Christ.
Rom 5:17-20
17 For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore, as through one man's offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man's righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous.
20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,
Rom 5:21
21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
John 15:14
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
I Jn 2:4
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
I Jn 2:3
3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.
I Jn 5:3
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
(NKJ)
xxxGrace is uncilisted mercy. Grace is a new way thought up by God, we dont deserve it, we have not earned it, we didnt even think of it but God gave it to us-a new way the new testament. God looked down on us and said them dummies arent getting it I have to think of a new way. The new testament is our Grace. Now within the new testament there are commandments. Jesus brought us the new testament, this is how Grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. Not knowing what the gift of grace was, so many are useing grace as an excuse to sin. Grace is not a way to justify sin, it is a better way to get rid of sin. The law of Christ is a new law. God explained that we didnt have nothing to do with His grace. It was His decision of sending Jesus with the new law.

John 15:13-14
13 "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
(NKJ)

Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
(NKJ)

John 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
(NKJ)

xxx God didnt do away with the idea of what He says is law, He just changed the law. And only for those who have faith in the new law.

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 15:9-11
9 For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
11 Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.
(NKJ)

Eph 2:8-9
9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
(NKJ)

Titus 2:11-13
11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,
13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
(NKJ)

Rom 5:16
16 And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification.
(NKJ)

Rom 5:1-4
3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;
4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
(NKJ)

Eph 2:18-20
18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone,
(NKJ)

Eph 3:12
12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
(NKJ)

Rom 2:11-13
11 For there is no partiality with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law
13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;
(NKJ)

I Jn 2:3-4
3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
(NKJ)

xxx Gods grace sent us the new testament, new laws, new commandments, new covenant.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Are you calling love a work? We can't muster up love. It must be shed abroad on our hearts by the Holy Spirit. Romans 5:5

FYI....We are saved by GRACE through faith. Therefore when Grace is accessed by faith, faith is never alone. Do you notice that we are saved by grace through faith...not of ourselves? Grace is what you're leaving out.

Eph. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Now notice.

Eph. 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.​

Works are a RESULT of being saved, and that not through our own efforts, but because we are God's workmanship. Those "works" that have been ordained are manifestations of the fruit of the Holy Spirit. They are His and we walk in them.

I said
Do you know love is not a feeling, it is an action. And everyone has the choice on who to love and who not to.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
That's law, Keypurr....not Grace.

Grace says God will conform us into His image.
Grace says we are to trust in Him to perform His work in us.

Grace demands rest without any reliance on ourselves.

As long as you say you MUST do so and so, you're looking to the wrong ONE.

I said
What do you do with these verses?

Phil 2:12-14
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

[Jas 2:24

clefty

Yup...there it is...

Never found a Christian take any issue with we must keep 9 of the Laws...it’s always “WWJD?!!”

Get to that seventh day Sabbath one though and suddenly it’s “awww Hell no!! We be under grace!...the Law is abolished,...we at rest every day...or any day...don’t gotta do nothing!”

Indeed! WWJD? Not eat Ham dinner after Sunday church that is for sure...

He lived His life as an example for the new covenant...signed it with His blood...sealed it with His death...and thus no changes can be made...

glorydaz

I said
What do you do with these verses?

Phil 2:12-14
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

[Jas 2:24

Phil. makes it clear it is God doing the work...giving us the will and the ability to do His good pleasure.

James is talking about being justified in the eyes of man...not God.

glorydaz

I said
Do you know love is not a feeling, it is an action. And everyone has the choice on who to love and who not to.

It's both...God so loved the world that He gave....

Action is something a man can boast in, and does.

Therefore, the love of God must be shed abroad on our hearts.

Ours is always selfish...done for glory or for boasting.

glorydaz

Yup...there it is...

Never found a Christian take any issue with we must keep 9 of the Laws...it’s always “WWJD?!!”

Get to that seventh day Sabbath one though and suddenly it’s “awww Hell no!! We be under grace!...the Law is abolished,...we at rest every day...or any day...don’t gotta do nothing!”

Indeed! WWJD? Not eat Ham dinner after Sunday church that is for sure...

He lived His life as an example for the new covenant...signed it with His blood...sealed it with His death...and thus no changes can be made...

Romans 10:4

clefty

Now notice.

Yup...SHOULD walk in them...