ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

Right Divider

Body part
Indeed, RD.

Like Paul, the only way for God to save us was to identify us in Christ's death, burial, and resurrection.
We, like Paul, do not qualify for the new covenant.

This grace wherein we stand is truly amazing.
They think that the household of God has only one room.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
But how do you know for sure? What are you basing your conclusion on?

Not only is that passage found in an entire chapter of information there, but there other chapters and passages where Paul also deals with that topic.

Because Paul, as usual, is being Paul; he often says much about one thing or another throughout his writings that helps shed light on other passages and visa versa.

As a result. I myself have returned to a view today that I had once held and that differs from the one I had posted on here earlier.

This, after running many passages.

So, again, how do you know what Paul is actually talking about is not just your own two cents about what he is talking about?

What is your basis - what passages? And what core ideas and principles are you basing your assertion on?

Here are some verses to inform us. They have the words spirit and letter in them.

Romans 2:29 NASB - 29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

Romans 7:6 NASB - 6 But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

2 Corinthians 3:3 NASB - 3 being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

2 Corinthians 3:6 NASB - 6 who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Thessalonians 2:2 NASB - 2 that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.

Right Divider

Body part
Here are some verses to inform us. They have the words spirit and letter in them.

Romans 2:29 NASB - 29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

Romans 7:6 NASB - 6 But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

2 Corinthians 3:3 NASB - 3 being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

2 Corinthians 3:6 NASB - 6 who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Thessalonians 2:2 NASB - 2 that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.
You are quite the "word search" theologian.

You should actually read and study the scripture, then you would actually understand what it means.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are quite the "word search" theologian.

You should actually read and study the scripture, then you would actually understand what it means.

I did read the Bible before learning how to search for verses I remembered words from, but I also found that blueletterbible.org can help me as it has a concordance to do word searches, even multiple word searches (the words don't have to be found in order as a phrase, they just have to all be in one verse).

Right Divider

Body part
I did read the Bible before learning how to search for verses I remembered words from, but I also found that blueletterbible.org can help me as it has a concordance to do word searches, even multiple word searches (the words don't have to be found in order as a phrase, they just have to all be in one verse).
My point is that your word searches aren't really proving anything, since you don't really understand many of the verses that you find.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
My point is that your word searches aren't really proving anything, since you don't really understand many of the verses that you find.

The word search was for you to help you answer your question. The answers to your questions are found in the Bible.

john w

Hall of Fame
The word search was for you to help you answer your question. The answers to your questions are found in the Bible.

"The answers to your questions are found in the Bible."
Jacob Jingle Myer Smith

Quite stunning, don't you think, Mayor?

SaulToPaul 2

Do you put ketchup on your hot dog? Is it true that the bible is true? Hep us out.

Oh boy, you're a regular show off today, aren't you?
Why don't you go down to Floyd's and ask the lady manicurist if she likes ketchup? Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you put ketchup on your hot dog? Is it true that the bible is true? Hep us out.
I'm not sure why you are asking. This would depend on if I even have a hot dog. The Bible is true, yes. What would this have to do with whether or not you put ketchup on your hot dog?