ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

andyc

john w's opening post

Han Hexcellent post,

It's not W's own ideas, as he would try to make everyone think. He has a history plagiarising other peoples work, and he's at it again here.
After just a couple of google searches I've managed to find two copied sources. J Vernon Magee's "Genesis to Revelation. And an article from a former Catholic about how to reach Catholics with the gospel.

The fact that this idiot likes to claim credit for other peoples work, shows him for who he is.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It's not W's own ideas, as he would try to make everyone think. He has a history plagiarising other peoples work, and he's at it again here.
After just a couple of google searches I've managed to find two copied sources. J Vernon Magee's "Genesis to Revelation. And an article from a former Catholic about how to reach Catholics with the gospel.

The fact that this idiot likes to claim credit for other peoples work, shows him for who he is.

MAD does come out of Dispensationalism mostly Brethren or Plymouth Brethren who are renowned students of the word. They would certainly shun Arminianism.

Danoh

As it is and has always been the case within the literary world ever since writers began writing, including J. Vernon McGee himself, it is also the habit of many a poster throughout the internet in general to post the words of others where they agree with said words. I do that myself whenever I see no point in reiventing that particular wheel.

Might as well accuse the writers of Scripture this same accusation of yours - especially the Apostle Paul.

Further, people from within a same school of thought will tend to arrive at very similar conclusions in various areas they will later recognize as their "own" understanding when they read of same in the words of another from a same or similar school.

What exactly is this "proof" you have?

Interplanner

MAD does come out of Dispensationalism mostly Brethren or Plymouth Brethren who are renowned students of the word. They would certainly shun Arminianism.

Are they renowned for that? They buried the sermon of Acts 13, the trajectory of Acts 26, and they think Rom 11 is about a future theocracy for Israel.

andyc

As it is and has always been the case within the literary world ever since writers began writing, including J. Vernon McGee himself, it is also the habit of many a poster throughout the internet in general to post the words of others where they agree with said words. I do that myself whenever I see no point in reiventing that particular wheel.

Might as well accuse the writers of Scripture this same accusation of yours - especially the Apostle Paul.

Further, people from within a same school of thought will tend to arrive at very similar conclusions in various areas they will later recognize as their "own" understanding when they read of same in the words of another from a same or similar school.

What exactly is this "proof" you have?

That's a pathetic response. Plagiarising is against TOL rules.
Take it up with the forum owner if you disagree.

8. Thou SHALL NOT post copyrighted material on our website
(without prior approval). Generally you shouldn't post any material on TOL that is not your own creation without giving credit to the source. If you do post material from another source... please only post a small excerpt from your source and then provide a link or other note of source.

God's Truth

Translated: How much do I owe you, father, for this gift of being an adopted son?

Thanks for the "good news," wolfie.

What makes a person an adopted son?

I will tell you what does: Faith with obedience.

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he chooses whom he will save.

Whom does Jesus save? Jesus saves those that obey him.

God's Truth

I don't particularly care for Oswald Chambers, I don't know him and I don't like ANY Oswalds

W
hat is the Church? When did it begin? The answer to the second question depends upon the answer to the first. Seven key passages in the New Testament describe the Church. They are the following: Ephesians 1.22-23; 2.11-22; 3.3-9; Colossians 1.24-27; 1 Corinthians 12.12-13;Galatians 3.26-28, and Romans 16.25-27. These passages provide the needed information to answer these questions.

Oswald Chambers is a Calvinist that mixes his own poetry tainted with Calvinism and the written Word of God.

God's Truth

Oswald Chambers was a reform Baptist later turned Pentecostal. Having said that, what part of reform is NOT of Luther and Calvin?? Stop beating that drum!

Oswald Chambers is a Calvinist.

Calvin is a Catholic that changed some of the Catholic teachings and added his own made up beliefs.

Luther is a Catholic that made changes, but did not go far enough. Calvin and Luther both were influenced by the demons that Augustine was taught by.

Cross Reference

Oswald Chambers is a Calvinist.

Calvin is a Catholic that changed some of the Catholic teachings and added his own made up beliefs.

Luther is a Catholic that made changes, but did not go far enough. Calvin and Luther both were influenced by the demons that Augustine was taught by.

So what?? What's your excuse?

God's Truth

So what?? What's your excuse?

I understand why you wanted to share His Utmost for His Highest. However, I have grown sensitive to the false teachings of Calvin, and I can hardly read what Oswald writes without feeling the spirit of Calvin on every page.

There is particular poem that I remember relating to very much, in the past.

Since mine eyes have looked on Jesus,
I’ve lost sight of all beside,
So enchained my spirit’s vision,
Gazing on the Crucified.

Cross Reference

I understand why you wanted to share His Utmost for His Highest. However, I have grown sensitive to the false teachings of Calvin, and I can hardly read what Oswald writes without feeling the spirit of Calvin on every page.

There is particular poem that I remember relating to very much, in the past.

Since mine eyes have looked on Jesus,
I’ve lost sight of all beside,
So enchained my spirit’s vision,
Gazing on the Crucified.

You are to be pitied. He also lectured at Oberlin college. How do you feel about that?

God's Truth

You are to be pitied. He also lectured at Oberlin college. How do you feel about that?

Jesus says it is not to the wise and learned, but to children.

God hides His Truth from the wise and learned.

Why would Oswald Chambers speaking at a college mean anything of importance?