Looking for a new moderator

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Due to other obligations Bob B will no longer be moderating the TheologyOnLine University. Bob will be sorely missed and we cannot thank him enough for all the work and effort he has given TOL in the past.

Therefore we are looking for a new moderator for the that forum section which contains the following three forums:

The Hall of Science
Creation, evolution, geology, biology and the rest of the "ologies" are discussed here.

The Archaeology Dept.
Ancient evidence what are the theological implications?

Philosophy ~ Religion
How does philosophy relate to theology and right living? Ponder: the nature of God, the problem of evil, interpreting God's word, ethics and morality, liberal vs. conservative, and religious clichés.

The moderator's duties are to peruse their assigned forums as much as possible and generally keep things in order. A moderator might be expected to: move misplaced threads to appropriate forums, delete offensive posts and report offenders to the admin (thats me), split threads, close threads etc.

The good part is a moderator gets several special forum powers. Moderators also get to make "Posts of the Day".

We would prefer to have a moderator of the TheologyOnLine University forum section that is a well versed apologist for biblical Creationism, but we will consider a wide range of candidates and make our final decision based on a variety of factors.

Please post here and let me know if your interested or PM me.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by pereynol
Hey Knight,
What is considered "biblical creationism?"
I guess I should have clarified that.

I should have said....

We would prefer to have a moderator of the TheologyOnLine University forum section that is a well versed apologist for the literal interpretation of the Genesis Creation account, but we will consider a wide range of candidates and make our final decision based on a variety of factors.

drbrumley

Is there some sort of test for this? :confused:

I know the Genesis Account to be true but then so do most. I hope anyway!

God Bless,
DRBrumley

Solly

BANNED
Banned
Thanks for the nomination guys, but while I generally believe the Biblical Creationist view, I am not well versed in it. It's basically a "God said it, I believe it, that settles it stance", since I have little scientific training.

And to be honest I rarely go into those forums, unless I pick up a thread on the active page.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Solly
Thanks for the nomination guys, but while I generally believe the Biblical Creationist view, I am not well versed in it. It's basically a "God said it, I believe it, that settles it stance", since I have little scientific training.

And to be honest I rarely go into those forums, unless I pick up a thread on the active page.
Not to mention we already have one moderator how thinks we didn't really land on the moon. ;)

C

cirisme

Bob, you will be missed! :(

Bob was the main creationist apologist out there, that I can think of. I used to debate evolutionism/creationism all the time a few years back.

I think Jaltus might make a good moderator.

:thumb:

P

Pilgrimagain

Hey Knight, I would love to help out with the Archeology and philosophy of religion forums. I have academic experience in both areas plus I am already an honorary mod so maybe I could help out?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Pilgrimagain
Hey Knight, I would love to help out with the Archeology and philosophy of religion forums. I have academic experience in both areas plus I am already an honorary mod so maybe I could help out?
Yea.. possibly. Thanks for the offer. Your name is certainly in my "hat". :D

Y

Yxboom

Originally posted by Knight
Not to mention we already have one moderator how thinks we didn't really land on the moon. ;)
I DO believe that human's have landed on the moon and they even brought back technologies from the space aliens they met there.

C

cirisme

Yea.. possibly. Thanks for the offer. Your name is certainly in my "hat".

Is my name in the hat?

If so, I'll spray my name with meat flavoring like Dee Dee. :D