ECT Lk 24 explodes D'ism because Christ is actually present in the transition

Right Divider

Body part
Sorry but there is no contest: the NT is full of speaking of salvation as past, present and future.
So what salvation was PETER talking about in 1 Peter 1:5?

Even of justification, if you follow Phil 3. So there is no conflict in what Peter says is future because the believers are indivisible, because they are "in Christ." You don't have to figure out ANYTHING about Israel to know that.
So Israel blew it and lost their guaranteed job? And lost their guaranteed land? And a guaranteed King on the throne of HIS FATHER DAVID?

Luke 1:31-33 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:31) And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. (1:32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: (1:33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

So Gabriel was lying according to you?

Tambora's comment about fiction is dishonest.
You are the dishonest one and incredibly confused.

Interplanner

So what salvation was PETER talking about in 1 Peter 1:5?

So Israel blew it and lost their guaranteed job? And lost their guaranteed land? And a guaranteed King on the throne of HIS FATHER DAVID?

(1:31) And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. (1:32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: (1:33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

You are the dishonest one and incredibly confused.

You are dishonest about Acts 2:30 on these things and if you need proof that that's what they thought Ps 2 meant, just check Acts 4 where they are praying Ps 2 about their situation. David foresaw the resurrection as the enthronement. Peter announced it as such in 'Jesus has been made Lord and Christ.' Israel was supposed to be the premier preachers of it, like Paul, Acts 13:47.

Your quotes are scattered and rubbish, sorry.

Right Divider

Body part
You are dishonest about Acts 2:30 on these things and if you need proof that that's what they thought Ps 2 meant, just check Acts 4 where they are praying Ps 2 about their situation. David foresaw the resurrection as the enthronement. Peter announced it as such in 'Jesus has been made Lord and Christ.' Israel was supposed to be the premier preachers of it, like Paul, Acts 13:47.
That LIE of yours will not become true just because you keep repeating it.

The resurrection LEADS to the enthronement on the throne OF HIS FATHER DAVID. A fact that you deny. You're playing for the other team and not God's.

See Luke 1:31-33

Isa 9:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:7) Of the increase of [his] government and peace [there shall be] no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Your quotes are scattered and rubbish, sorry.
There is NOTHING "scattered" or "rubbish" about Luke 1:31-33. You are just a Bible hater and perverter.

john w

Hall of Fame
Just remember, RD:

IP: "There were 3 brash anti messiahs".

And focus on...The...

mission-target-business-concept-blue-sign-two-arrows-green-centre-isolated-white-background-32678533.jpg

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I'm so glad you are here, RD.
Thank you for showing that scripture confirms scripture, and that GOD's word can be trusted.

As you have shown with your above post, Gabriel did not inform Mary that all those OT promises about their promised restored kingdom and their promised King were just mystical illusions that all take place in the heart but cannot be witnessed in the physical world as promised, as IP wants to lead people to believe.
IP would have everyone believe that all those generations of OT saints that were looking forward to the restoration of their kingdom and their promised King on earth (as GOD promised them) were just stupid fools that were hoodwinked into believing in something that would never exist.

Interplanner

I'm so glad you are here, RD.
Thank you for showing that scripture confirms scripture, and that GOD's word can be trusted.

As you have shown with your above post, Gabriel did not inform Mary that all those OT promises about their promised restored kingdom and their promised King were just mystical illusions that all take place in the heart but cannot be witnessed in the physical world as promised, as IP wants to lead people to believe.
IP would have everyone believe that all those generations of OT saints that were looking forward to the restoration of their kingdom and their promised King on earth (as GOD promised them) were just stupid fools that were hoodwinked into believing in something that would never exist.

You are totally ignorant of how Hebrews handles this. What came (at Pentecost) was EXACTLY what was supposed to come. Nor was it 'in the heart' which in any case would be better than your heartless one!

Crown him with many crowns, the Lamb upon the throne
Hark how the heavenly anthem drowns all music but its own...

The OT is quite clear that the things expected would never be limited to Israel/race/nation: "It is too small a thing for you to bring back the fortunes of Israel; I will make you a light to the nations."--Isaiah.

Or as Peter quotes Joel: "I will pour out my spirit on all people" because the message of the Bible always was for all people. The 'model' thing in Israel's history was only a shadow or classroom demonstration for them.

What never ceases to amaze about your little gang is that if the NT treats a passage you pounce on it as illegitimate. If you quote it direct yourself, then it's true. How quaint!

PS to RD: do you always 'thank' people for 'thanking' you? That's real serious inquiry, man!

Interplanner

That LIE of yours will not become true just because you keep repeating it.

The resurrection LEADS to the enthronement on the throne OF HIS FATHER DAVID. A fact that you deny. You're playing for the other team and not God's.

See Luke 1:31-33

Isa 9:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:7) Of the increase of [his] government and peace [there shall be] no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

There is NOTHING "scattered" or "rubbish" about Luke 1:31-33. You are just a Bible hater and perverter.

God making Jesus Lord and Christ was the enthronement. That's what Ps 2 was about and the apostles prayed Ps 2 as they spread the word and fought opposition. I missed nothing. It is not about a race-based political empire; the Zealots were about that. You missed the train.

Interplanner

Just remember, RD:

IP: "There were 3 brash anti messiahs".

You missed the point again STP: that's three named by Josephus. Acts also names Theudas and then there is the unnamed Egyptian with his 4000 terrorists followers in the desert, in 21:38. There were others who tried to get Nabatea to help puncture the Roman hold on the rim of the Mediterranean so they could have their own port. I thought that being the BIG TIME Bible scholar with information about 2 goats and unfulfilled feasts that these things would be the basics you already knew.

John refers to such counter-Messiahs as being many. Would 5-10 do for that--to prove that it was the last hour? Hour being more precise than day.

Interplanner

I wish like everything that the little D'ist gang here would take the next bold step on these things and state exactly what Heb 11:13+ is referring to in specific, with its wrap in v39-40. Ie, where is the country they left? Where is the heavenly one? What else do we know in Hebrews about a heavenly country, hmmm?

Right Divider

Body part
I wish like everything that the little D'ist gang here would take the next bold step on these things and state exactly what Heb 11:13+ is referring to in specific, with its wrap in v39-40. Ie, where is the country they left? Where is the heavenly one? What else do we know in Hebrews about a heavenly country, hmmm?
It was called Israel

Jas 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

1Pet 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

The kingdom of heaven will be on the earth, just like the Bible says.

john w

Hall of Fame
Irony from a poster who believes that the day of atonement was fulfilled before the day of Pentecost.

1 Passover
2 Unleavened Bread
3 First Fruits
4 Pentecost

5 Trumpets
6 Day of Atonement
7 Tabernacles

Yes sir, Mayor:the "spring feasts" were fulfilled....but I would like this rabble rouser to explain to us country bumpkins when the "fall feasts" were fulfilled, i.e., Trumpets,The Day of Atonement, and Tabernacles.

The feasts, "the appointed times," according to the law in Leviticus 23, The Old Covenant, The Old Testament

Leviticus 23 KJV

Passover-Fulfilled-The Lord Jesus Christ's death

verse 5

Unleavened bread-Fulfilled-The Lord Jesus Christ's burial

verse 6

Firstfruits -Fulfilled-The Lord Jesus Christ's Resurrection

verses 9-11

Weeks/Pentecost-Fulfilled in early Acts, with the outpouring of The Holy Spirit, "the promise of the Father"

verses 15-16

Trumpets/"Rosh HaShanah"

verses 23-25

Day of Atonement("the second time"-Acts 7:13 KJV, Hebrews 9:28 KJV)/"Yom Kippur"

verses 26-28

Tabernacles/"Sukkot"

verses 33-34, 42-43

Let me guess: The days of literalism are over, after Pentecost.

Interplanner

Yes sir, Mayor:the "spring feasts" were fulfilled....but I would like this rabble rouser to explain to us country bumpkins when the "fall feasts" were fulfilled, i.e., Trumpets,The Day of Atonement, and Tabernacles.

The feasts, "the appointed times," according to the law in Leviticus 23, The Old Covenant, The Old Testament

Leviticus 23 KJV

Passover-Fulfilled-The Lord Jesus Christ's death

verse 5

Unleavened bread-Fulfilled-The Lord Jesus Christ's burial

verse 6

Firstfruits -Fulfilled-The Lord Jesus Christ's Resurrection

verses 9-11

Weeks/Pentecost-Fulfilled in early Acts, with the outpouring of The Holy Spirit, "the promise of the Father"

verses 15-16

Trumpets/"Rosh HaShanah"

verses 23-25

Day of Atonement("the second time"-Acts 7:13 KJV, Hebrews 9:28 KJV)/"Yom Kippur"

verses 26-28

Tabernacles/"Sukkot"

verses 33-34, 42-43

Let me guess: The days of literalism are over, after Pentecost.

The atonement was mentioned many times in Hebrews, in addition to Rom 3.

If you knew Greek you would know that 'He tabernacled among us' is found in Jn 1, referring to his whole ministry.