ECT Lk 24 explodes D'ism because Christ is actually present in the transition

Interplanner

V21 points out the mentality of the mostly zealot-raised disciples: "we had hoped..." This hope for a monarchy was mistaken all along, but in case our D'ist friends need a proof, this is where their minds are , not Christ's. Christ never was there.

The transition is from what Judaism thought God would do to what God did in Christ.

the 'hope' in "we had hoped" is also what they mean by the redemption of Israel. This is a rather explosive expression at the time. I don't think for a minute that the true believer's songs at the beginning of Luke were about a monarchy when they mention the 'redemption' or 'salvation' of Israel, because they explain that it was the forgiveness of sins, accessed by faith like Abraham, sounding much like Gal 3.

We also see that the crucifixion of another 'social' or 'political' leader was the last thing they thought would happen (in their zealot-based minds) and that's why their faces were downcast to have to tell the whole account again, v18.

Then we find out the truth in Christ. I have complained in other cases that D'ism takes expressions and things in a narrative and generates universal doctrines from those lines. They might do this, for ex., in Acts 2 about a kingdom offer, etc.

But in the case of Lk 24, the person who would clear up a narrative declaration (where Christ was absent) is present. Christ is actually here in ch 24, telling them that they were slow to believe and foolish about the OT. This means that all of this had been taught to them from the beginning (that's 'from the beginning' as found in I Jn 1:1, not Jn 1--contact with Jesus).

The important thing is it is BEFORE the 40 day seminar. Not after. He's saying that they should have known from his teaching all through the ministry that what he was REPEATING here was true: the suffering of Christ and entering his glory (in the resurrection). All through Moses and the Prophets. This was obviously repetition, and there is obviously no reference to the 'canceled deal' about the monarchy.

Last edited:

DAN P

V21 points o
The important thing is it is BEFORE the 40 day seminar. Not after. He's saying that they should have known from his teaching all through the ministry that what he was REPEATING here was true: the suffering of Christ and entering his glory (in the resurrection). All through Moses and the Prophets. This was obviously repetition, and there is obviously no reference to the 'canceled deal' about the monarchy.

Hi and Luke SHOWS a gap , in Luke 13:35 Ye shall not see me , until the time come when ye shall say , Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the LORD !!

dan p

Interplanner

Hi and Luke SHOWS a gap , in Luke 13:35 Ye shall not see me , until the time come when ye shall say , Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the LORD !!

dan p

which they did a year later...at least those who had faith 'saw' Him as such.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

dan p

When they received the witnesses of His resurrection, then truly they said "blessed be He that comes in the name of the Lord"

and they saw Him.

LA

Danoh

which they did a year later...at least those who had faith 'saw' Him as such.

You're both off.

The "he" refers both to Him and to those He had said He would send as His witness in His name, Matt. 10:22.

The witness of which was largely not only rejected, but persecuted unto death; and with that, it's promise was delayed...once more; just as God had knowingly planned to delay it...once more, Rom. 9.

Last edited:

DAN P

When they received the witnesses of His resurrection, then truly they said "blessed be He that comes in the name of the Lord"

and they saw Him.

LA

Hi and there are 8 verbs , that describe the action of Luke 13:35 and you are no where , with its interpretation !!

I could write them all down , but that is a waste of time and space !!

dan p

Interplanner

Can anyone translate this:

Hi and there are 8 verbs , that describe the action of Luke 13:35 and you are no where , with its interpretation !!

northwye

Most dispensationalists won't be led out of their theology by insights into scriptures which show that theology to be false in the light of scripture. They are locked into their theology, though a few do come out of it. The Holy Spirit has to lead them out of their following of τεκνα της σαρκος, the children of the flesh, Romans 9: 8, or Israel of the flesh, and realizing that the Gospel is about the transformation of the children of the flesh into the οικος πνευματικος, spiritual house of I Peter 2: 5, that metamorphosis being done only in Christ and through his resurrection, with Christ in you (Colossians 1: 27, Philippians 2: 5)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The LORD did not change the prophecies concerning the kingdom on earth, he explained the delay via the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven.

Become a Bible believer.
Exactly.
Interplanner's replacement theology is a flat out denial that GOD keeps His promises.

SaulToPaul 2

Most dispensationalists won't be led out of their theology by insights into scriptures which show that theology to be false in the light of scripture. They are locked into their theology, though a few do come out of it. The Holy Spirit has to lead them out of their following of τεκνα της σαρκος, the children of the flesh, Romans 9: 8, or Israel of the flesh, and realizing that the Gospel is about the transformation of the children of the flesh into the οικος πνευματικος, spiritual house of I Peter 2: 5, that metamorphosis being done only in Christ and through his resurrection, with Christ in you (Colossians 1: 27, Philippians 2: 5)

Perhaps we need intensive therapy...

DAN P

V21 points out the mentality of the mostly zealot-raised disciples: "we had hoped..." This hope for a monarchy was mistaken all along, but in case our D'ist friends need a proof, this is where their minds are , not Christ's. Christ never was there.

The transition is from what Judaism thought God would do to what God did in Christ.

the 'hope' in "we had hoped" is also what they mean by the redemption of Israel. This is a rather explosive expression at the time. I don't think for a minute that the true believer's songs at the beginning of Luke were about a monarchy when they mention the 'redemption' or 'salvation' of Israel, because they explain that it was the forgiveness of sins, accessed by faith like Abraham, sounding much like Gal 3.

We also see that the crucifixion of another 'social' or 'political' leader was the last thing they thought would happen (in their zealot-based minds) and that's why their faces were downcast to have to tell the whole account again, v18.

Then we find out the truth in Christ. I have complained in other cases that D'ism takes expressions and things in a narrative and generates universal doctrines from those lines. They might do this, for ex., in Acts 2 about a kingdom offer, etc.

But in the case of Lk 24, the person who would clear up a narrative declaration (where Christ was absent) is present. Christ is actually here in ch 24, telling them that they were slow to believe and foolish about the OT. This means that all of this had been taught to them from the beginning (that's 'from the beginning' as found in I Jn 1:1, not Jn 1--contact with Jesus).

Hi and the reason they , the Jews were SLOW TO BELIEVE is because of 2 Cor 3:13-16 , as a VAIL covered there HEART , even UNTIL even Paul's earthly ministry , don't you see !!

dan p