Living our lives the way we ought to live them. The how. What does it look like?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Living our lives the way we ought to live them. The how. What does it look like? What does it involve? How do you do this? How is this done? What do you think? What can you contribute?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You could begin by starting fewer threads.

You have ruined this one. You can redeem yourself by participating, but it is not required. I recognize that someone recently said that I am not a troll and that people have learned a lot by the things that I have brought up. I have also been participating in other people's threads, which was recommended.

How many threads can you start each day? My understanding is that it is unlimited but that 3 or 6 is recommended. I have started four threads today, which is not a crime. You could have sent me a private message. As it is you have said what you wanted to say in response to my thread or opening post.

Shalom.

glorydaz

You have ruined this one. You can redeem yourself by participating, but it is not required. I recognize that someone recently said that I am not a troll and that people have learned a lot by the things that I have brought up. I have also been participating in other people's threads, which was recommended.

How many threads can you start each day? My understanding is that it is unlimited but that 3 or 6 is recommended. I have started four threads today, which is not a crime. You could have sent me a private message. As it is you have said what you wanted to say in response to my thread or opening post.

Shalom.

What I find amazing is how much you've changed.

How is it that you have suddenly become so articulate?

As far as this thread goes, I've thrown out the idea that I "ought" to live my life a certain way. That way I am open to whatever the Lord puts before me. :)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What I find amazing is how much you've changed.

How is it that you have suddenly become so articulate?

As far as this thread goes, I've thrown out the idea that I "ought" to live my life a certain way. That way I am open to whatever the Lord puts before me. :)
Thank you.

So it sounds like you deal with what comes your way. I would like to have a foundation from which the rest of my life overflows.

glorydaz

Thank you.

So it sounds like you deal with what comes your way. I would like to have a foundation from which the rest of my life overflows.

That peace which passes all understanding.

Philippians 4:6-8
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That peace which passes all understanding.

Philippians 4:6-8
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.​

This is good! Thank you!

Great reminder always when finding things that are in scripture.

ttruscott

Living our lives the way we ought to live them. The how. What does it look like? What does it involve? How do you do this? How is this done?
Once you are adopted as a legitimate son, it is out of your hands. It is by HIM, not your work. All you can do is follow HIS lead or stubbornly resist which all do to some extent.

Read and apply Heb 12:5-11, paying strict attention to the meaning of the words that refer to our discipline, scourge and chastening, and then apply these verses to your life which is your calling, to become righteous in every decision so you are heaven ready. This is how you can speed up the coming of that terrible day, the day of our Lord: 2 Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and speeding / hastening the coming of the day of GOD.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Once you are adopted as a legitimate son, it is out of your hands. It is by HIM, not your work. All you can do is follow HIS lead or stubbornly resist which all do to some extent.

Read and apply Heb 12:5-11, paying strict attention to the meaning of the words that refer to our discipline, scourge and chastening, and then apply these verses to your life which is your calling, to become righteous in every decision so you are heaven ready. This is how you can speed up the coming of that terrible day, the day of our Lord: 2 Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and speeding / hastening the coming of the day of GOD.

Good advice, thank you.