Limited atonement !

Derf

What is seriously limited here is your understanding of the fact that God has no pleasure in the death of the wicked and that any sinner would willingly and knowingly reject God and send themselves to hell.
Or that God would willingly cause someone to reject him and then send them to hell.

beloved57

Or that God would willingly cause someone to reject him and then send them to hell.
Men naturally reject God, hes at enmity against God Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Mans mind by nature is carnal.

Besides that men go to hell for their sins, which includes mans hatered of God

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Men naturally reject God, hes at enmity against God Rom 8:7-8

Which is why God sent His Son to die for those who are His enemies, so that they have a chance to repent and turn to Him for salvation.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

AMEN!

Mans mind by nature is carnal.

A man's mind isn't carnal from birth though, for Paul says that he was alive to God, then when he reached the age of accountability, he sinned and turned away from Him.

Besides that men go to hell for their sins, which includes mans hatred of God

Is man's hatred of God predestined by God Himself? or is a choice made by a man without God's input?

beloved57

Christ didnt die for all mankind, but He died for them that had their names written in the Lambs Book of Life from the foundation of the World Rev 13:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Lk 10:20

Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Christ didnt die for all mankind,

False.

but He died for them that had their names written in the Lambs Book of Life from the foundation of the World

The title of the Book is the lamb's book of life.
It belongs to the Lamb.
The names were written (or not) FROM the foundation of the word, not before or at it.

Christ PRE-determined that whoever would believe in Him would be written in His Book of Life, and that their name would be written in that book at the time of their belief.

Rev 13:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

"From" = "Since" here.

"From" != "At"

Lk 10:20

Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Their names are written there because they believed. If they had not believed that Christ was the promised Messiah, their names would not be written in Heaven.

beloved57

That God only intended Salvation for a particular people, and Christ died only for that people is seen in Gods Covenant Promises,

Gen 17:7

.And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.”

Heb 8:10

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Salvation is promised to a specific seed Rom 4:16

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Hoping

Banned
That God only intended Salvation for a particular people, and Christ died only for that people is seen in Gods Covenant Promises,

.And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.”

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
I'm sure glad I was "grafted in". (Rom 11:17)
I'm sure glad God made a way to be reborn of His seed. (1 John 3:9)

Derf

As long as that seed exercises faith, which then opens the door of salvation to all who exercise faith.

Derf

Thats not biblical.
Romans 4:16 (KJV)
Therefore [it is] of faith, that [it might be] by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Galatians 3:29 (KJV)
And if ye [be] Christ's
(which is through the exercise of faith, as shown in the previously cited verse), then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Revelation 12:17 (KJV)
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. (These are exercising faith. They are brothers and sisters of Jesus, and of His seed, which is of her seed in the passage.)

beloved57

Romans 4:16 (KJV)
Therefore [it is] of faith, that [it might be] by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Galatians 3:29 (KJV)
And if ye [be] Christ's
(which is through the exercise of faith, as shown in the previously cited verse), then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Revelation 12:17 (KJV)
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. (These are exercising faith. They are brothers and sisters of Jesus, and of His seed, which is of her seed in the passage.)
Those verses are fine, they have nothing to do with your off the wall comment. Also another off the wall comment "(which is through the exercise of faith, as shown in the previously cited verse),

Christs seed, is His before they are born, Just like Isaac was the seed of Abraham before he was actually born. Isaac didnt become the seed of abraham by exercising faith, thats ridiculous, Issac was a child of promise, as all the seed are.

Derf

Those verses are fine, they have nothing to do with your off the wall comment. Also another off the wall comment "(which is through the exercise of faith, as shown in the previously cited verse),

Christs seed, is His before they are born, Just like Isaac was the seed of Abraham before he was actually born. Isaac didnt become the seed of abraham by exercising faith, thats ridiculous, Issac was a child of promise, as all the seed are.
The verses also talk about being Abraham's seed, which most of us are not before we are born.

beloved57

The verses also talk about being Abraham's seed, which most of us are not before we are born.
Yes a person is a seed of Abrahm before they are born, like Issac was. Believers are like Isaach was Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey, B57, Don’t want to hijack your thread but didn’t want to start a whole new thread just to bring this up. Do you think you’d ever be interested in discussing something else?

Morality, politics, info about yourself?

beloved57

Hey, B57, Don’t want to hijack your thread but didn’t want to start a whole new thread just to bring this up. Do you think you’d ever be interested in discussing something else?

Morality, politics, info about yourself?
Hi Poly, not at the present time.