Limited atonement !

beloved57

Actually, there is. Deadly negligence is a crime.

“When you build a new house, then you shall make a parapet for your roof, that you may not bring guilt of bloodshed on your household if anyone falls from it. - Deuteronomy 22:8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy22:8&version=NKJV

"It's not MY fault that the man fell off my roof and died when I didn't put a railing up to prevent people from falling off..." is no excuse at all.

You're asserting that God didn't put up a "parapet" for unbelievers, therefore it's not His fault when the unbelievers fall off the roof.
You cant blame God for doing good to only some. Matt 20:15

Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

beloved57

No, it's not. And your "explanations" contradict plain scripture, which NEVER puts belief after salvation.
Yes it, men dont believe because they are not of His Shee which He died for Jn 10:26
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you

Jn 10:11
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Those He died for shall as a result be given Faith to believe. I have went over this on numerous occasions.

beloved57

Who else's fault will it be?
You are laying the groundwork for the devil to be able to say..."See how unfair and hateful God is?
Follow me instead !"
I was reading 1 Tim. 2:3-6 tonight at Subway, and saw..."For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time."

We are obviously serving different Gods.
Aint nobodys fault. Men go to hell for their sins. God saves men by His underserved Grace.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You cant blame God for doing good to only some.

Yet you put the blame squarely on Him, by saying that He chooses some to be saved but not others.

Again: What better excuse can you give an unbeliever for his refusal to believe than "My Creator never chose me to be saved"?

Matt 20:15

Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

This is talking about the right to do what one wants with his own money.

It's not saying that God can be unjust.

Yes it [is],

No, it's not.

men dont believe because they are not of His Sheep which He died for

Because He chose for them not to be His sheep.

That's your position, no?

According to your position, ultimately the blame lies upon God for not making people His sheep, therefore they don't believe.

Jn 10:26

Nice prooftexting.

But those verses aren't talking about the Body of Christ, no matter how much you want to force them to.

Those He died for shall as a result be given Faith to believe. I have went over this on numerous occasions.

blah blah.

Again: Scripture always puts belief before salvation. It NEVER puts salvation before belief.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Aint nobodys fault. Men go to hell for their sins.

Man goes to hell for the sins that their Creator predestined them to do, according to your position. That puts GOD at fault for their going to hell.

God saves men by His underserved Grace.

And he condemns men in injustice, according to your position.

Hoping

Banned
Yes it, men dont believe because they are not of His Shee which He died for Jn 10:26

I hope you know that the subject of the answer Jesus gave to the Pharisees was to them not believing Jesus was the Christ. (John 10:24)
That is quite a different topic than salvation.
You have misused an answer to one question for an entirely different question.

beloved57

Limited atonement is the blessed truth that God the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ became incarnate in order to satisfy all the conditions of the salvation of God's elect, sheep, His Church and, thereby, acquire for them all grace here and all glory hereafter, an eternal redemption Heb 9:12. Christ's finished work, His bloody sacrifice of His sinless humanity upon the altar of His infinite Deity, was the culmination of His whole work of redemption. This included His incarnation, obedience, and death, as the Representative and Substitute for chosen sinners. He was obedient unto death, even the death of the cross Phil. 2:6-8. Christ's entire satisfaction, the merit of His whole work of mediation, is called the Righteousness of God. This is the only ground of salvation, and it is revealed in the Gospel to those it was specifically for, the elect Rom 1:16-17.Definitely , Christ's righteousness is the entire merit of His whole work of redemption. It was brought in and established by the obedience unto death which Christ Himself accomplished as a Substitute/Surety for His people. Rom 5:19 Christ's righteousness alone demands the salvation of every sinner whom He represented (God's elect).

marke

Limited atonement is the blessed truth that God the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ became incarnate in order to satisfy all the conditions of the salvation of God's elect, sheep, His Church and, thereby, acquire for them all grace here and all glory hereafter, an eternal redemption Heb 9:12. Christ's finished work, His bloody sacrifice of His sinless humanity upon the altar of His infinite Deity, was the culmination of His whole work of redemption. This included His incarnation, obedience, and death, as the Representative and Substitute for chosen sinners. He was obedient unto death, even the death of the cross Phil. 2:6-8. Christ's entire satisfaction, the merit of His whole work of mediation, is called the Righteousness of God. This is the only ground of salvation, and it is revealed in the Gospel to those it was specifically for, the elect Rom 1:16-17.Definitely , Christ's righteousness is the entire merit of His whole work of redemption. It was brought in and established by the obedience unto death which Christ Himself accomplished as a Substitute/Surety for His people. Rom 5:19 Christ's righteousness alone demands the salvation of every sinner whom He represented (God's elect).
Calvinism teaches that God made sinners to be destroyed for sin except for those He chose to save by having Jesus die for their sins only for reasons known only to God.

beloved57

The complications one has when they deny limited atonement and insist Christ died for all without exception which is false:

First, if Christ's death is universal, in and of itself, it cannot be effectual to any of its objects unless you believe the equally false doctrine that all without exception shall be saved by Christs death, the heresy of universalism.

It logically means the sinner makes the supreme difference in heaven or hell instead of the atonement of Christ.

marke

The complications one has when they deny limited atonement and insist Christ died for all without exception which is false:

First, if Christ's death is universal, in and of itself, it cannot be effectual to any of its objects unless you believe the equally false doctrine that all without exception shall be saved by Christs death, the heresy of universalism.

It logically means the sinner makes the supreme difference in heaven or hell instead of the atonement of Christ.
God made salvation possible by faith and sinners make salvation personal by believing God by faith.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Non sequitur.

It does not logically/necessarily follow that because Christ's death is universal, therefore it must be universally effectual.

Hoping

Banned

You are correct.
Man must turn from hurting God and neighbor in order to be saved.
That is what faith enables.
Now if you don't have faith, you will continue to grieve both.
No salvation in that choice.

beloved57

You are correct.
Man must turn from hurting God and neighbor in order to be saved.
That is what faith enables.
Now if you don't have faith, you will continue to grieve both.
No salvation in that choice.
Thats works salvation conditioned on man !

Hoping

Banned
That's works salvation conditioned on man !
I agree, but not the "works" of the Law that Paul warned against.
You are misapplying a principal concerning circumcision and dietary law to everything we must do for salvation.
Every gift must have a receiver of the gift.
One gives and another receives.