Lighthouse's SPOTD 5-5-05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Crow said:
God desires that all come to Him. But the lost are still not saved.

Matt 5
17"Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

The Law is fulfilled and the Law will not pass until heaven and earth pass away.
The Law is fulfilled for those who accept Christ as Savior.
All else are still under the Law.

Galatians 3:23-25
before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. 24Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Christ came so that mankind could be saved by grace through faith. His perfect sacrifice was the only one which could accomplish this. Christ is the only one who can save anyone. The Law was there to as a tool, a tutor to accomplish this, not the other way around. The Law is fulfilled when a person accepts Christ. He is the whole reason for the Law, not the other way around.

Romans 6:14
14For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Romans 11:6
And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace.

We are not free to rape, pillage, and murder, or to be immoral. These things are wicked and were wicked before the Law was given. The wickedness for which God destroyed the majority of mankind in the flood occurred prior to the Law being given. It was wrong for Cain to slay Abel prior to the Law being given.

Context

Status
Not open for further replies.